Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Therefore Oly DSLR's have no momentum in Japan.

02-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by luke0622 Quote
come on, man, still talking about QC?

Quality Control, please define that, there are more variables on QC than any of us can think of. Every single thing we own in this world would have some issues, especially electronic stuff...

Well, wanna check out the QC issue on DSLRs? Check out some issues that Canon has with their beloved 1D Mk III!!!!!!!!
Ah, the old autofocus issue... The Canon EOS-1D Mark III suffered from a high-profile AF problem where high temperatures caused the camera to fail to focus correctly. Read the user reviews on CNET - you'll notice that there are many users who complain about autofocus troubles.

--DragonLord
02-04-2011, 03:47 AM   #18
Forum Member

why does this sort of thing always degenerate into the classic "...I know you are buy what am I"?
02-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #19
Pentaxian

post deleted

Last edited by lesmore49; 02-05-2011 at 02:33 PM.
02-05-2011, 05:59 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by epqwerty Quote
In terms of Canada, we have just lost Black's as a marketplace for Pentax DSLR. They have stopped carrying the Kx and have not put up the Kr. All signs pointing to no more Pentax for them. For me that is sad since I purchased both my Km and a Kx from them.
Black's still sells Pentax, including both the K-x and K-r. They've struggled as a chain being so dependent on film developing for sales, and Blacks has lost most higher-end sales toHenry's and the like. But they still carry and feature Pentax.
02-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
Black's still sells Pentax, including both the K-x and K-r. They've struggled as a chain being so dependent on film developing for sales, and Blacks has lost most higher-end sales toHenry's and the like. But they still carry and feature Pentax.
Well I see that they pit the kx back on the website. However the kr is not on it. I think it maybe only in certain regions that the kr will be in stores. I know my local two stores only one of them carries the kx and neither carry the kr. Very market oriented I believe.
02-06-2011, 06:42 AM   #22
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wlachan Quote
Blame poor QC which Pentax have failed to take seriously. I know many will disagree.
I couldn't agree with you more. The recent poll on the K-5 on this Forum just blew me away, as it probably did others. Imagine only 41% being completely happy with the K-5 when purchased, with the remainder sending the body back for repairs and/or exchange. Little wonder why the wily Japanese are not buying this overpriced body. I would like to pull the trigger and buy the K-5, but in good conscience, and in trepidation, I just can't at this time. Cheers. Don

02-06-2011, 06:45 AM   #23
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by StepOne Quote
Quality control is all those complex things they were doing and failing. I don't think any unsatisfied owner cares about Canikon failures in QC. You buy a product, whatever the price is, and expect for it to performed as described. It's not the end of the world, they took responsibility for it, can and will be fixed. But i guess many are waiting for the next official statement "we've replaced all the crap parts, no more afected cameras on the market". Then probably you will see K5 higher in rankings.
I tend to agree. QC issues must be affecting K-5 sales, as is the ridiculously high price point at this time. Cheers. Don
02-06-2011, 07:43 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Sorry to disappoint you, but most likely it's just the limited production capacity (18.000 units per month) not being able to cope with both the high demand and having to replace stained cameras.
Oh, and just because you wouldn't pay 2 pennies on a Pentax doesn't make their pricing "ridiculously high".
02-06-2011, 08:17 AM   #25
Veteran Member

I think it's much more likely that the K-5 and K-r aren't doing as well in the Japanese market due to the fact that they don't really fit where that market is at right now (small mirrorless cameras) which might force Pentax to finally enter the mirrorless camera race, as it looks as if they are going to do.

I could see the QC issues stunting sales in other parts of the world where you can't buy the cameras in person and try them out like you can in Japan.