Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2011, 06:28 PM   #16
Pentaxian
Pål Jensen's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Norway
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,064
Rather odd that Pentax choose a max speed of F:4 on such a lens. F:4.5 would be adequate for superwide and would have made the lens smaller and significantly cheaper. I suspect this is a horrible expensive statement product in order to have something no one else does!

02-01-2011, 02:37 AM   #17
Pentaxian
Emacs's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,221
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Rather odd that Pentax choose a max speed of F:4 on such a lens. F:4.5 would be adequate for superwide and would have made the lens smaller and significantly cheaper. I suspect this is a horrible expensive statement product in order to have something no one else does!
Your statement is quite odd itself. You don't know anything about it yet, I guess everyone should wait the release and test shots before final conclusion.
02-01-2011, 06:01 AM   #18
Pentaxian
Pål Jensen's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Norway
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,064
QuoteOriginally posted by Emacs Quote
Your statement is quite odd itself. You don't know anything about it yet, I guess everyone should wait the release and test shots before final conclusion.

Huh?? A 25/4 lens for the 645 is quite an achievement. It is clear from the image that the lens i huge with a huge front element parrtly due to its speed. It won't be affordable and I will be very surprised if it cost less than $4000.
02-01-2011, 06:09 AM   #19
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,112
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Huh?? A 25/4 lens for the 645 is quite an achievement. It is clear from the image that the lens i huge with a huge front element parrtly due to its speed. It won't be affordable and I will be very surprised if it cost less than $4000.
Do you know Pentax 645 MF lens for $4000?:ugh:

02-01-2011, 06:11 AM   #20
Pentaxian
Emacs's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,221
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Huh?? A 25/4 lens for the 645 is quite an achievement. It is clear from the image that the lens i huge with a huge front element parrtly due to its speed. It won't be affordable and I will be very surprised if it cost less than $4000.
I don't think the lens weight is such a big deal if the body itself is quite heavy )
But the cost matters in any case. I hope it won't be such expensive you believe, because I want to buy 645D specially for this lens.
02-01-2011, 06:11 AM   #21
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 2,777
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Huh?? A 25/4 lens for the 645 is quite an achievement. It is clear from the image that the lens i huge with a huge front element parrtly due to its speed. It won't be affordable and I will be very surprised if it cost less than $4000.
It largely depends whether this lens is compatible with film 645. On 645D, it's equivalent to 30mm f/5 on 645/645N/645NII. And FA 645 35mm f/3.5 costs around €1,500.
02-01-2011, 06:39 AM   #22
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,112
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
It largely depends whether this lens is compatible with film 645. On 645D, it's equivalent to 30mm f/5 on 645/645N/645NII. And FA 645 35mm f/3.5 costs around €1,500.
It's also equivalent to 19.5 mm (FF) on 645D. And 33 mm on 645N.
25*0.78=19.5 mm
33*0.6=19.8 mm
02-01-2011, 08:00 AM   #23
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,556
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Do you know Pentax 645 MF lens for $4000?:ugh:
How about this one: Pentax 645 SMC-FA 300mm F4 IF ED | Foto Konijnenberg

02-05-2011, 04:13 AM   #24
Veteran Member
Kenn100D's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Paranaque City, Philippines
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 645
This Lens i Think is true. Maybe they announced it at CPA+ 2011.
02-05-2011, 08:00 AM   #25
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 527
or a little later
02-07-2011, 04:53 AM   #26
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,112
Pentax D FA 645 25mm f/4 lens price revealed | Photo Rumors

The price of the Pentax D FA 645 25mm f/4 lens will be $4999.95 according to an online store product listing


Compare
Hasselblad Ultra-Wide Angle HCD 28mm f/4.0 $4395
Mamiya 28mm f/4.5 - $4490
Phase One AF 28mm f/4.5 - $4490
02-07-2011, 03:10 PM   #27
Pentaxian
gazonk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oslo area, Norway
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,509
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Pentax D FA 645 25mm f/4 lens price revealed | Photo Rumors

The price of the Pentax D FA 645 25mm f/4 lens will be $4999.95 according to an online store product listing


Compare
Hasselblad Ultra-Wide Angle HCD 28mm f/4.0 $4395
Mamiya 28mm f/4.5 - $4490
Phase One AF 28mm f/4.5 - $4490
And it's wider than all of them, and the spec says that it's compatible with 645 film cameras, which I guess means that it covers FF 645 format (I bet we'll see larger-sensor 645D cameras in the not-so-far future).
02-07-2011, 03:28 PM   #28
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 285
Original Poster
This seems a pretty locigal roadmap to me for a MF camera: First a normal lens, second a wide angle ... who bets on a portrait lens next?
02-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #29
Pentaxian
Asahiflex's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,753
And it's official (and fullframe to boot):

Digital Cameras and Accessories - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site
02-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #30
Inactive Account




Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Slovenia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 279
OMG, I so want 15k €/$ so I can start building a digital MF system. I promise I'll be good.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
25mm, f/4, fa, fa 645 25mm, lens, pentax, pentax d fa, pentax news, pentax rumors, rumor
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax FA 31 lim for landscape? how it compares to zeiss 25mm? dedmozaj Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 3 05-08-2010 03:14 AM
Pentax 18-25mm Lens at MLB Night Game? Biro Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 7 06-08-2009 07:16 PM
Pentax FA 35mm f2 v DA 25mm f2.8 Ltd Macro Murphy2004 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 15 11-20-2008 04:39 PM
For Sale - Sold: Zeiss ZK 25mm / f2.8 Pentax K KA dkreithen Sold Items 2 11-02-2008 07:48 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:22 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top