Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2011, 11:13 AM   #31

Photos: Gallery
So this is the same 2 year K series warranty that varies from 9.99 (photoworld) to 29.99 (adorama) on amazon?

03-01-2011, 08:54 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Hmm it says it's out of stock?
03-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gtxtom Quote
Hmm it says it's out of stock?
If you are talking about B&H (you didn't specify) you can back order it and they'll send it when it comes in. Took a little over two weeks when I did.
07-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #34
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Someone has a diagram of the parts in a K5...what are those parts that fell out and where did they come from? It may offer some clue as to the problem.

I'm not for extended warranties, but at $19.95 I might be....I spend that much at lunch most days. I could go a day without eating....but delicious Possum Salad is hard to pass up.......

Possum....The other white meat.....

Best Regards!

07-30-2011, 12:33 PM   #35
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
This is the conversation I just had with Pentax about these extended warranties.

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
You have been connected to Michael C.
Michael C: Thank you for contacting Pentax chat support Jeff , how may I help you?
Jeff Siladi: I just have a simple question about an Extended warranty B&H Photo is selling..
Michael C: sure
Jeff Siladi: My K5 was recently replaced under warranty for the stains on the sensor.
Jeff Siladi: My understanding is, Warranty starts as of replacement date?
Jeff Siladi: In other words, Starts over. Original date of purchase end of october.
Michael C: the Pentax warranty is from the date of purchase, not the replacement date
Michael C: so if it is the Pentax extended warranty, it will not change at all

Jeff Siladi: That clears that up. Can I buy and use the Extended warranty from B&H?
Michael C: it is simply from the date of purchase
Michael C: absolutely
Michael C: I believe they offer the Pentax extended warranty and they might also have there own offerings as well
Jeff Siladi: So if I buy it now, the remaining time on Extended warranty would be 2 years 8 months
Michael C: there is a time limit to purchasing the extended warranty from the date of purchase
Michael C: let me verify this for you, one moment please
Jeff Siladi: Actual delviery date of the camera was Nov 4 2010
Michael C: you should still be able to purchase it, yes sir
Jeff Siladi: For curiosity sake, what is the time limit to purchase an extended warranty?
Michael C: we ask that it be purchased within 90 days of the original purchase date
Michael C: technically, it is ok if it purchased within the first year
Jeff Siladi: Very good as I'm beyond the 90 days no matter how I slice it. Should be good?
Michael C: yes sir, you are all good
Jeff Siladi: Thank you very much for your time.
Michael C: You're welcome Jeff

I just ordered mine. For $20 the peace of mind is well worth it.

By the way, It isn't an electronic delivery. They will be mailing you a card for the warranty. Probably in a huge box.

Here in The Netherlands we get standard 2 year warranty with a camera. Extended warrenty that is on sale in stores can go up to 5 years.

I only bought extended warrenty for my HP photoprinter, since it has some issues related to inkt. I bought 2 years extra warrenty. I could buy the extra warrenty during the first 6 months of ownership as long there was no issue with the printer.
07-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #36
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Here in The Netherlands we get standard 2 year warranty with a camera. Extended warrenty that is on sale in stores can go up to 5 years.

I only bought extended warrenty for my HP photoprinter, since it has some issues related to inkt. I bought 2 years extra warrenty. I could buy the extra warrenty during the first 6 months of ownership as long there was no issue with the printer.
Typically I wouldn't bother with an extended warranty. Often, they are more expensive than the replacement on most things I might buy. We can buy 5 year warranties as well. I figure if I actually Have the K5 for 3 years and have no problems, it was still $20 well spent. If on Nov 1, 2011 the camera shows stains again, the day After the initial 1 year expires, it was $20 VERY well spent. In the United States, companies are only obligated to provide a 1 year warranty. In Canada, it's 2 years.

07-30-2011, 01:49 PM   #37
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
I figure if I actually Have the K5 for 3 years and have no problems, it was still $20 well spent.
Well my K-5 (black or regular) is since december 19th in my bag. Currently the shutter says 39.000. So it won't make 3 years and the warrenty for 100.000 actuations will be spend way before those 2 years are over.