Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2007, 01:46 AM   #241
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yep, smaller and smaller, this will be great. I am looking forward to new smaller sensors, like in todays compacts, then I wont need to stop down to f10 to get big DOF, I can just use f2.8 and get eeeeverything in the room in focus, cool! huh? isol? eiesol? what? isolation of subject? ohh, dont worry, by then pentax will have new f0.1 lenses available for that, no problems. Diffraction? naaah come on man, you dont think new technology will be able to change the laws of nature? welcome to the future man.

I wish people would stop thinking that bigger sensors are better, I mean, have you seen images from those MF digital backs with those huge sensors? hahaha man they suck, no more details than any APS-C camera. And people whine about noise, sure there was a problem with current generation APS-C because people dont understand that they have to run some serious noise ninja on their images, but we have fixed that now in the next generation by putting the noise ninja straight into the silicone so no worries now it will smoooothe and blur out all that grain. bigger photosites dont equal less noise and more dr, thats just a myth.

but, for all you confused ff people, dont worry pentax has plans, if you would buy a niche 2000 dollar pentax FF version of the 5D and use your existing (old) lenses, then instead you can pay 10-20 000 dollars for a 645D and another couple of grand for a whole new set of lenses. surely you realize this is a viable alternative to an FF 35mm slr? if you can offord 2000 dollars then you can be patient and save a bit more to fork out 15k, just get a second job.

so if pentax doesnt come up with a smaller sensor soon, then Im considering jumping ship to 4/3rds I hear their iso 1600 is really smooth.

10-22-2007, 02:29 AM   #242
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mutley Quote
This is where your posts have actually had a negative effect on Pentax K10D service & firmware.

So, the bottom line is that all your stupid "balancing" posts were extremely unproductive in trying to get a consensus to Pentax whose execs read these forums about a verified problem. Your more incessant posts contributed to an effect of blowing a possible firmware fix apparantly as the thought became they could get by with just waiting out the time for the new cameras to come out - hence my dismissed email citing one of your current posts of the time.
YOUR K10D PRODUCES VPN.
Dear Mutley

I'm astonished by your message. It is of course amusing to read your reaction when I say that my K10D is working fine. I don't feel that I need to apologise for my K10D working fine, I can't help it, it is not my fault. I simply bought it. If you want to blame someone, then blame Pentax - it was them to manufactured the thing. I simply express that my K10D is working fine and I promise you that I will continue doing so, even if you find this "extremely unproductive" and that my postings about my K10D working fine has a "negative effect" on Pentax service and firmware.

I do of course have the right to express my experiencies with my K10D, without getting flamed for it. It may not be your experience, but your continous flaming of me means that you does not accept my experience about my K10D working just fine and this means that you are having an attitude problem. You get upset by my K10D working fine, and this is all in your mind. It happens within you. I'm not the only one with a fine working K10D, and it is my honest opinion that to flame those with fine working units are NOT helping Pentax service or quality control.

But if my K10D would break down suddenly, I promise to write to you personally so you can go out and celebrate this special event "Hey, his K10D is faulty too, let us celebrate all night long!".

This is a very silly discussion. I get flamed for my K10D working fine...
What is happening to the world?

Don't you have better things to do than flaming me for my K10D working?
But OK.

I apologise deeply that my K10D is working fine. It was very very wrong of me to keep it, when I disccovered that it was working fine I should have let Pentax replace it with a faulty unit so you could be happy.

Ok???

Perhaps you should start a forum of your own, with the rule "Only posts about how BAD Pentax are, are allowed. If you are happy with your Pentax, you are not welcomed!". I promise you that I will not visit it.

Last edited by RMabo; 10-22-2007 at 02:37 AM.
10-22-2007, 02:38 AM   #243
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
So, what's this about a full frame Cypress CMOS 14 MP?

惊爆传言!宾得将推出最廉价全幅单反?-蜂鸟网
10-22-2007, 02:39 AM   #244
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote

so if pentax doesnt come up with a smaller sensor soon, then Im considering jumping ship to 4/3rds I hear their iso 1600 is really smooth.
Andreas,
Although subtle, i believe that i sense small ironic touch in your post.....
Totally agree with you, Olympus biggest problem is the 4/3 sensor format. There is no way that Pentax will go below APS-C sensor size for DSLR磗 in the foreseable future, they are heading in the opposite direction.

/Mats

10-22-2007, 02:53 AM   #245
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
[/url]
The old Kodak DCS 14c and 14n used a Cypress 14Mp CMOS 24x36.
Then Cypress made a 9Mp APS-C CMOS out of it, which wasn't used by any maker.
Cypress 9MP APS-C CMOS sensor - photo.net

Cypress do no longer list sensors for digital cameras in their product listing, not even the 9Mp APS-C, it seems like they left this market when the 9Mp APS-C flopped. However, they do state that they can manufacture "custom CMOS sensors", so if one has a design - Cypress can help.

Re-using the old Cypress 14Mp CMOS in a Pentax, I don't believe in the idea. The Kodak's flopped.
10-22-2007, 02:59 AM   #246
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote

惊爆传言!宾得将推出最廉价全幅单反?-蜂鸟网
ahhh... something to bring us back to the real issue of speculation and rumors! Thanks... (please people... can you keep the K10D over K100D chatting to PM..!?).
10-22-2007, 06:59 AM   #247
Veteran Member

Hmm..Pentax still has a long time and I had better start looking for a job soon. What ever happened to that K Mount prototype that had no viewfinder. It was all angular looking. I can't find any links on it anymore.

Oh btw, if that Zenit 408DC is for real, Pentax has a race on their hands cuz so far, I've yet to be disappointed. (except for the $20+ shipping charges for anything) lol.

16mm fish, 37/2.8, 58/2, 85/2 (<-this guy's not here yet...)

10-22-2007, 07:05 AM   #248
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. The Guy Quote
I really doubt that ancient (relatively) FF designs are going to out-perform any newly-design and manufactured lens in ANY future vapour-ware dream camera, even if it is FF. Any 'new' FF camera will come with its own set of new lenses. In the digital age, believing that 'good glass lasts a lifetime' is just folly. Sell your FF lenses now, because when (if, some would say) Pentax releases no new FF cameras, the market price for those old lenses is going to drop immediately. You have approx. 60 days... Or, if the cameras are amazing and still support K-Mount, then the demand and prices may temporarily go up, but buying any new lens because of FF capability is IMHO illogical.
When they released Windows 95 I thought it would be a flop because the MacOS was so much better. But, it was cheaper. Same with APS-C vs. FF. Because it's smaller, it will always be cheaper to make lenses - where the real money is.
This opinion is worth what you paid for it.
yes: any one remember 'bag' cell phones. Some bought them sure they were better than the 'Motorola Flip phone'-----

As sensors grow to 20, 40, or 80 mp, it will make more sense to go to half APS, than FF.
While there has to be someone who thinks that 8x10 view cameras are the best thing
for doing portraits, that isn't where the market it.

If I can get the quality I want with a camera that will fit in my shirt pocket why do I want
something that requires a suitcase full of prime lenses. It's going to take something besides nostalgia to keep selling the big equipment when small equipment will do the job.

That's why we don't all have 4x5 speed graphics.
10-22-2007, 09:47 AM   #249
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. The Guy Quote
I really doubt that ancient (relatively) FF designs are going to out-perform any newly-design and manufactured lens in ANY future vapour-ware dream camera, even if it is FF. Any 'new' FF camera will come with its own set of new lenses. In the digital age, believing that 'good glass lasts a lifetime' is just folly. Sell your FF lenses now, because when (if, some would say) Pentax releases no new FF cameras, the market price for those old lenses is going to drop immediately. You have approx. 60 days... Or, if the cameras are amazing and still support K-Mount, then the demand and prices may temporarily go up, but buying any new lens because of FF capability is IMHO illogical.
AMEN!!

Those old lenses and lens designs are practically worthless, and all you schmoes who are illogically jacking up the prices on those Pentax 200/4 Macro lenses are driving me mad. Don't you know about the incredible close-focusing capabilities of the DA18-55 3.5-5.6?!? Sheesh! And why are you all out-bidding me on the FA* 28-70/2.8 when CLEARLY the DA* 16-50 is superior? And how about I'll trade one NEW DA* 50-135 for your FA* 80-200 and you throw in $600? After all, the DA* is the digital equivalent of that hideously outdated design.

Get with the times, people!!
10-22-2007, 09:52 AM   #250
and
Veteran Member

Ill also buy a new DA* 55mm if someone wants to trade me their outdated FA* 85 for it. 55 is the new 85mm people!
10-22-2007, 10:01 AM   #251
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
Ill also buy a new DA* 55mm if someone wants to trade me their outdated FA* 85 for it. 55 is the new 85mm people!
Wow, that is one generous offer. I mean, think about how much better the NEW 55mm lens will be, since that crappy old 85mm lens design is at least 20 years old! I'll bet you that old 85mm isn't even sharp edge-to-edge at f/1.4!!!
10-22-2007, 10:39 AM   #252
and
Veteran Member

I bet the new and improved 55 will cost less than the 1400+ that the inferiour 85 is going for though and it will be so much sharper than my FA 50 too. its good at least that we get more lenses in the 50-55mm range, we are really lacking a good normal, sorry I mean modern portrait, lens
10-22-2007, 11:11 AM   #253
Pentaxian

Regarding Pentax designing their own sensor: WAY back in the early days of home video equipment, I seem to remember Pentax introducing a breakthrough video camera. This was in the days when the record deck had to be carried separately from the video camera. If I remember right, I think Pentax was using the Beta format. lol Anyway, I keep thinking that their breakthrough involved the use of a CCD or CMOS sensor. I've tried to find some info about it on the internet, but my search skills are extremely lacking. I do remember that Pentax pulled out of the video camera market not long afterwards even though they were on the cutting edge of the technology of the time. I guess my point is that it might not be too far-fetched to believe that Pentax's R&D department may have come up with another advancement in sensor technology.
10-22-2007, 01:01 PM   #254
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
Regarding Pentax designing their own sensor: WAY back in the early days of home video equipment, I seem to remember Pentax introducing a breakthrough video camera.
Pentax still has a CCTV bussiness, making cameras and lenses for their system called Cosmicar - so they do know about video.

Imaging sensors is a different tasks... I don't think Pentax will by themselves, but they can of course co-operate. Samsung, Kodak, Sharp, plenty of options... I don't know.
There has been a consistent rumour going about this since 2004, and some thing should have emerged from the R&D... January, we will know if we know or not haha.
10-22-2007, 02:01 PM   #255
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
accept my experience about my K10D working just fine
Ok???

It may be working fine, but it has VPN. It shows in some of your photos. VPN should be fixed or improved.

Next subject.

Larry