Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2007, 01:02 PM   #331
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
Pentax holds the patents for an add-on device with image stabilisation, like a teleconverter with built in IS. This will work for all lenses. (but perhaps not as effective as "true" in-lens IS). The patents was filed in the late 90's, but was never realised into a final product.
Could be interesting for a FF camera or APS-H crop down the road, and still making lenses work.

11-14-2007, 02:48 PM   #332
Veteran Member

All I can can hope is that Pentax do the following:-

a 50mm and 85mm sonic motor F1.2 Lens (ultra fast, ultra quality like the Nikon/Canon Offerings
a top quality 100-300mm F4 sonic Motor Lens preferbly like Sigma DG EX range so work superbly with either 35mm and APS-C Cameras (Again like C/N offerings)
another top quality 80-200 F2.8 Lens
and of course

a selection of lenses from 300mm to 600mm lenses a mixture of primes and zooms at fixed high speeds. (F2.8, F4)

Finally, I would love (cant see it yet though) a full frame top range D-SLR with the excellent feature of the Nikon D3, where the camera recognises a crop lens (DA DA*) and will adjust the sensor size automatically, along with the 4x3 square (like a medium format), but at the cost of 2000 (still 1300 cheaper than the D3)

I live in hope
11-15-2007, 05:44 PM   #333
Inactive Account

Pentax only makes two sub 300$ lenses.
The 50-200 and the 18-55. I'd love to see a cheap 1.8 prime..
11-16-2007, 04:41 AM   #334

QuoteOriginally posted by LeftBehind Quote
Pentax only makes two sub 300$ lenses.
The 50-200 and the 18-55. I'd love to see a cheap 1.8 prime..
FA 50mm f1.4 isnt cheap enough for you?!

11-18-2007, 02:43 AM   #335

To me this live viewfinder seems like a digital rangefinder...when digital generated image and optic one are coincident you are on focus...without all the complicated mechanism tipical of these solutions.

Pentax Leica-alike incoming ?
11-18-2007, 09:46 AM   #336
Inactive Account

Since both images come through the lens, the focus would be the same for both. I don't think you could use this to check focus.

The only benefit I can see from this technology is adding a live hostogram to the viewfinder, or maybe highlight/shadow rendition. That in itself would be cool, or you could do playback in the viewfinder.
11-19-2007, 09:16 AM   #337
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by nails Quote
Since both images come through the lens, the focus would be the same for both. I don't think you could use this to check focus.

The only benefit I can see from this technology is adding a live hostogram to the viewfinder, or maybe highlight/shadow rendition. That in itself would be cool, or you could do playback in the viewfinder.
Another good use for the inside LiveView is to digitaly zoom in a selected zone on the frame and tweak the focus! What about that.

Last edited by Busiko; 11-20-2007 at 05:23 AM.
11-19-2007, 12:48 PM   #338
Veteran Member

Updated prediction

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
From all the hints and innuendos posted here I have deduced the next sensor
It will be a Samsung CMOS, APS-C (full frame later, though the pulling back of the "ltd's" may mean FF is possible, w/ 30MP(+/- 20%) Equivalent to 10MP due to the new sensor technology . It will incorporate a variation of the Nikon 1/sensel/ 3 color technology. Like this:Nikon's new full-color RGB sensor?: Digital Photography Review
And the camera will have ddr3 RAM, and a new "Brain" thanks to Samsung, modeled on a fujitsu.
Image-Processing LSI Chip for High-Resolution Digital Cameras Compatible with X3 Sensors : Fujitsu Microelectronics Pacific Asia Ltd.
Why not?????
Oh and full 16bit RAW, unfortunately compressed...
But it will have A/v capabilities.
Now this is fun.
Ok, looks like 14mp CMOS designed, in part, by Pentax and manufactured by Samsung is the current "belief". New "cpu" is still on and will be a necessity. Should really boost frame rates as well. 14bit not 16bit RAW (better than nothing I guess), I have no interest in "live view" at this point nor care to speculate on AS...
Show Message

11-20-2007, 12:54 AM   #339

Another benefit that the "in viewfinder" live view can provide is nearly silent shutter release. The mirror does not have to flip in order to expose the picture in "viewfinder live view mode", since it is already flipped up to allow the sensor to collect the image information. This would eliminate the major source of noise while taking a picture. It is anyone's guess if Pentax has some kind of contrast detecting autofocus system while in live view, but even if not, I'd still welcome to ability to shoot virtually silently.
11-20-2007, 01:08 AM   #340
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hi Paul, interested in what you would like to see for improvements to the K10D????

Regards,

David
11-20-2007, 05:20 AM   #341
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by jms698 Quote
Another benefit that the "in viewfinder" live view can provide is nearly silent shutter release. The mirror does not have to flip in order to expose the picture in "viewfinder live view mode", since it is already flipped up to allow the sensor to collect the image information. This would eliminate the major source of noise while taking a picture. It is anyone's guess if Pentax has some kind of contrast detecting autofocus system while in live view, but even if not, I'd still welcome to ability to shoot virtually silently.
You have just pointed out one of the greatest benefits of the system, along with SDM lenses, silent shooting. PENTAX could use that for their marketing effort.
11-20-2007, 05:45 AM   #342
Forum Member

What would be nice, I don't think anyone has mentioned it...

but if we have a 12-14 MP with extended info (meaning 18-20mB PEFs)..

2 card slots, CF and SDHC....

I'm just getting accustomed to my K10D at the moment, so I am not in any hurry to buy.

Peter
11-21-2007, 03:07 PM   #343

To anyone out there in the know: any word on high ISO (6400+) and autofocus improvements?
11-21-2007, 06:25 PM   #344
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The Turtle and the Hare...

I do think that C,N &S's will be quite taken aback by the success Pentax will garner as a result of their new offerings. Rather than playing catch up in the cropped sensor format arena, Pentax will be setting trends that the others will have difficulty dealing with for the next season at least.

It is going to fun for all of us..I am looking forward to Mid January with great anticipation.

Ben
11-21-2007, 07:13 PM   #345
Inactive Account

So there you have it, definately APS-C. Glad to hear that because I'm one of the APS-C users that would rather this format than Full Frame.

Tim H