Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2007, 07:30 PM   #346
Veteran Member
mattdm's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,964
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I do think that C,N &S's will be quite taken aback by the success Pentax will garner as a result of their new offerings. Rather than playing catch up in the cropped sensor format arena, Pentax will be setting trends that the others will have difficulty dealing with for the next season at least.
Oooh, I know! They put the sensor from the scrapped 645D into the K20!

11-21-2007, 08:48 PM   #347
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bay Village, Ohio USA
Posts: 1,037
The Next Pentax

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Oooh, I know! They put the sensor from the scrapped 645D into the K20!
You know, if the rumor is true that the next Pentax cameras will have Pentax-developed sensors, rather than using Sony or someone else's sensors, you just might be closer to the truth than you imagine.

Was the 645D to use a in-house sensor, or were they going to buy them from Sony or another manufacturer?

I'm looking forward to January, even though I will not be in the market to replace my K10D. If things are half as good as Ben and others who seem to really be in the know (you can tell they are because they're the only ones not speculating about specific features), next year promises to be very interesting for Pentax and Pentax users.

Paul Noble
11-21-2007, 09:29 PM   #348
Inactive Account




Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 13
QuoteOriginally posted by B051LjKo Quote
FA 50mm f1.4 isnt cheap enough for you?!
350$ compared with the 120$ Nikon 50mm 1.7 I saw makes me cry inside. However, if i was American I'd be happy with the $200 price tag which, coincidently is $200 Canadian as well, but i can't order lenses off the internet. I'm 16 and on a tight budget, what can i say? It's hard to have a DSLR and save for armani clothes/watches when you work at Burger King.
11-21-2007, 11:03 PM   #349
Pentaxian
Arpe's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,337
Get your priorities right - clothes are way more important than photography - sell that camera and buy some Armani undies tomorrow!

11-22-2007, 12:24 AM   #350
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 8,840
QuoteOriginally posted by noblepa Quote
Was the 645D to use a in-house sensor, or were they going to buy them from Sony or another manufacturer?
From Kodak.
11-23-2007, 03:37 PM   #351
JMS
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 273
QuoteOriginally posted by LeftBehind Quote
350$ compared with the 120$ Nikon 50mm 1.7 I saw makes me cry inside. However, if i was American I'd be happy with the $200 price tag which, coincidently is $200 Canadian as well, but i can't order lenses off the internet. I'm 16 and on a tight budget, what can i say? It's hard to have a DSLR and save for armani clothes/watches when you work at Burger King.
Where are you getting your pricing from? I'm seeing it up for $200 at B&H.
11-26-2007, 01:07 PM   #352
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,312
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noblepa Quote
You know, if the rumor is true that the next Pentax cameras will have Pentax-developed sensors, rather than using Sony or someone else's sensors, you just might be closer to the truth than you imagine.

Was the 645D to use a in-house sensor, or were they going to buy them from Sony or another manufacturer?

I'm looking forward to January, even though I will not be in the market to replace my K10D. If things are half as good as Ben and others who seem to really be in the know (you can tell they are because they're the only ones not speculating about specific features), next year promises to be very interesting for Pentax and Pentax users.

Paul Noble
Al I will say is, buy some extra High Speed SD cards with at least 2 Giga memory..
11-26-2007, 01:33 PM   #353
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,214
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Al I will say is, buy some extra High Speed SD cards with at least 2 Giga memory..
Sandisk should come out with ExtremeIV cards if I understand that correctly?

11-26-2007, 01:50 PM   #354
JMS
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 273
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Al I will say is, buy some extra High Speed SD cards with at least 2 Giga memory..
High resolution- and high frame rate?
11-26-2007, 04:06 PM   #355
Inactive Account




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 37
So, do you actually know what Pentax have up their sleeve or are you just playing with the forum?
For my money - which I'm about to spend - either tell all, or tell nothing.
As Sir Humphrey said "He that would keep a secret must keep it secret that he hath a secret to keep"
Or something close to that...
11-26-2007, 04:19 PM   #356
Forum Member




Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 70
I'm sure there are a bunch of pentax execs just sitting back and watching threads like this. It's got to be lots of fun for them. :-) If I were them, I would leak a few more items as well - maybe something with '645', '6400' or '8fps' in the subject line. Anyway, the next couple months to PMA will be very exciting indeed. Just watching everything unfold will be fun. Either there are a lot of kookie people making weird predictions, or pentax has finally got the goods and an ingnious marketing plan to bring them to market with. One thing is for sure - the people at pentax/hoya are going to be working like crazy for the next couple of months. I can't wait to see what they plan to release.
11-26-2007, 11:00 PM   #357
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Buffalo/Rochester, NY
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,133
I certainly would like to know as I need to make some tough decisions. Do I buy another K10 body now or begin selling my body to science so I can afford the new model?
11-26-2007, 11:27 PM   #358
Veteran Member
lol101's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Garennes sur Eure France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 900
QuoteOriginally posted by Frogroast Quote
I certainly would like to know as I need to make some tough decisions. Do I buy another K10 body now or begin selling my body to science so I can afford the new model?
Well, my body is next to worthless and I already sold my soul to science: it doesn't pay!

Better find something else... Hey! I have two kids and a kidney that I don't know what to do with!... eBay, here we go!
11-26-2007, 11:32 PM   #359
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,214
QuoteOriginally posted by JMS Quote
High resolution- and high frame rate?
It doesn't mean much but that is not the first hint at a high speed (or relatively high speed at least in Pentax terms) camera for the K10D replacement from a "probably good source".
11-27-2007, 12:53 AM   #360
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,299
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
It doesn't mean much but that is not the first hint at a high speed (or relatively high speed at least in Pentax terms) camera for the K10D replacement from a "probably good source".
On the other hand, even if they keep the K10D's old speed of 3fps, at 14MP, you would need larger and faster cards anyways. So don't get your hopes too high... yet!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interesting News: New Rebates! Prairie Dog Pentax News and Rumors 27 11-22-2009 07:38 AM
NEWS, OVER 2000 viewers on News and Rumors Steelski Pentax News and Rumors 18 05-20-2009 07:08 AM
Good news, bad news. Lloydy Pentax DSLR Discussion 13 05-06-2009 03:05 PM
Does news from Samsung always mean it's news from Pentax? m8o Pentax News and Rumors 3 02-23-2009 04:33 PM
Flamewar/News not involving Pentax/Completely Unbased Speculation/Not News Forum nixcamic Site Suggestions and Help 8 12-18-2008 05:56 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:45 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top