Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-21-2007, 07:30 PM   #346
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I do think that C,N &S's will be quite taken aback by the success Pentax will garner as a result of their new offerings. Rather than playing catch up in the cropped sensor format arena, Pentax will be setting trends that the others will have difficulty dealing with for the next season at least.
Oooh, I know! They put the sensor from the scrapped 645D into the K20!

11-21-2007, 08:48 PM   #347
Veteran Member

The Next Pentax

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Oooh, I know! They put the sensor from the scrapped 645D into the K20!
You know, if the rumor is true that the next Pentax cameras will have Pentax-developed sensors, rather than using Sony or someone else's sensors, you just might be closer to the truth than you imagine.

Was the 645D to use a in-house sensor, or were they going to buy them from Sony or another manufacturer?

I'm looking forward to January, even though I will not be in the market to replace my K10D. If things are half as good as Ben and others who seem to really be in the know (you can tell they are because they're the only ones not speculating about specific features), next year promises to be very interesting for Pentax and Pentax users.

Paul Noble
11-21-2007, 09:29 PM   #348
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by B051LjKo Quote
FA 50mm f1.4 isnt cheap enough for you?!
350$ compared with the 120$ Nikon 50mm 1.7 I saw makes me cry inside. However, if i was American I'd be happy with the $200 price tag which, coincidently is $200 Canadian as well, but i can't order lenses off the internet. I'm 16 and on a tight budget, what can i say? It's hard to have a DSLR and save for armani clothes/watches when you work at Burger King.
11-21-2007, 11:03 PM   #349
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Get your priorities right - clothes are way more important than photography - sell that camera and buy some Armani undies tomorrow!

11-22-2007, 12:24 AM   #350
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by noblepa Quote
Was the 645D to use a in-house sensor, or were they going to buy them from Sony or another manufacturer?
From Kodak.
11-23-2007, 03:37 PM   #351
JMS

QuoteOriginally posted by LeftBehind Quote
350$ compared with the 120$ Nikon 50mm 1.7 I saw makes me cry inside. However, if i was American I'd be happy with the $200 price tag which, coincidently is $200 Canadian as well, but i can't order lenses off the internet. I'm 16 and on a tight budget, what can i say? It's hard to have a DSLR and save for armani clothes/watches when you work at Burger King.
Where are you getting your pricing from? I'm seeing it up for $200 at B&H.
11-26-2007, 01:07 PM   #352
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noblepa Quote
You know, if the rumor is true that the next Pentax cameras will have Pentax-developed sensors, rather than using Sony or someone else's sensors, you just might be closer to the truth than you imagine.

I'm looking forward to January, even though I will not be in the market to replace my K10D. If things are half as good as Ben and others who seem to really be in the know (you can tell they are because they're the only ones not speculating about specific features), next year promises to be very interesting for Pentax and Pentax users.

Paul Noble
Al I will say is, buy some extra High Speed SD cards with at least 2 Giga memory..

11-26-2007, 01:33 PM   #353
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Al I will say is, buy some extra High Speed SD cards with at least 2 Giga memory..
Sandisk should come out with ExtremeIV cards if I understand that correctly?
11-26-2007, 01:50 PM   #354
JMS

High resolution- and high frame rate?
11-26-2007, 04:06 PM   #355
Inactive Account

So, do you actually know what Pentax have up their sleeve or are you just playing with the forum?
For my money - which I'm about to spend - either tell all, or tell nothing.
As Sir Humphrey said "He that would keep a secret must keep it secret that he hath a secret to keep"
Or something close to that...
11-26-2007, 04:19 PM   #356

I'm sure there are a bunch of pentax execs just sitting back and watching threads like this. It's got to be lots of fun for them. :-) If I were them, I would leak a few more items as well - maybe something with '645', '6400' or '8fps' in the subject line. Anyway, the next couple months to PMA will be very exciting indeed. Just watching everything unfold will be fun. Either there are a lot of kookie people making weird predictions, or pentax has finally got the goods and an ingnious marketing plan to bring them to market with. One thing is for sure - the people at pentax/hoya are going to be working like crazy for the next couple of months. I can't wait to see what they plan to release.
11-26-2007, 11:00 PM   #357
Veteran Member

I certainly would like to know as I need to make some tough decisions. Do I buy another K10 body now or begin selling my body to science so I can afford the new model?
11-26-2007, 11:27 PM   #358
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogroast Quote
I certainly would like to know as I need to make some tough decisions. Do I buy another K10 body now or begin selling my body to science so I can afford the new model?
Well, my body is next to worthless and I already sold my soul to science: it doesn't pay!

Better find something else... Hey! I have two kids and a kidney that I don't know what to do with!... eBay, here we go!
11-26-2007, 11:32 PM   #359
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JMS Quote
High resolution- and high frame rate?
It doesn't mean much but that is not the first hint at a high speed (or relatively high speed at least in Pentax terms) camera for the K10D replacement from a "probably good source".
11-27-2007, 12:53 AM   #360
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
It doesn't mean much but that is not the first hint at a high speed (or relatively high speed at least in Pentax terms) camera for the K10D replacement from a "probably good source".
On the other hand, even if they keep the K10D's old speed of 3fps, at 14MP, you would need larger and faster cards anyways. So don't get your hopes too high... yet!