11-27-2007, 01:07 AM   #361
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
no, for sure but IMO 5fps is a given :ugh:

11-27-2007, 02:16 AM   #362
Veteran Member

No, I don't think so.
The recent rumor said that for a faster frame rate the shutter has to be completely redesigned and this has apparently not happen. There will be therefore not much improvement here.
11-27-2007, 03:05 AM   #363
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
No, I don't think so.
The recent rumor said that for a faster frame rate the shutter has to be completely redesigned and this has apparently not happen. There will be therefore not much improvement here.
This is the point, if the rumour mentions it, there is a reason.
This is the kind of things that wouldn't ever be included in such rumours, me thinks.
11-27-2007, 03:57 AM   #364
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Billy Quote
So, do you actually know what Pentax have up their sleeve or are you just playing with the forum?
For my money - which I'm about to spend - either tell all, or tell nothing.
As Sir Humphrey said "He that would keep a secret must keep it secret that he hath a secret to keep"
Or something close to that...
I NEVER PLAY WITH THIS OR ANY OTHER FORUM...

Always the empty glass of water...

Yeah..Broke the straw on the camels back.

Last edited by benjikan; 11-27-2007 at 04:10 AM.
11-27-2007, 04:11 AM   #365
Veteran Member

I'm sorry Benji, but Billy is right.
These constant "I know something, but cannot tell you, ... but it will be awesome!" are just silly and not very productive.
Just keep quiet, if you are under NDA.

I think you could do us more of a favor if you tell us something about post processing or something like that, share your profound knowledge, as you did a while ago. That would be really helpful!
11-27-2007, 04:12 AM   #366
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LeftBehind Quote
350$ compared with the 120$ Nikon 50mm 1.7 I saw makes me cry inside.
Then stop crying and look at the price of the Nikon 50 f/1.4 instead of the 1.7.
11-27-2007, 04:18 AM   #367
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Billy Quote
So, do you actually know what Pentax have up their sleeve or are you just playing with the forum?
For my money - which I'm about to spend - either tell all, or tell nothing.
As Sir Humphrey said "He that would keep a secret must keep it secret that he hath a secret to keep"
Or something close to that...
There is something called NDA = Non Disclosure Agreement.
What this means, is that those who *knows* has signed NDA and they are therefore not allowed to tell everything, they are not allowed to tell technical specifications and such.

Benjamin Kanarek is a valuable contributor to this forum, and even if he is not allowed to tell everything - because he has signed NDA - , he has given worthwile hints. I see no problem with this.

This whole thread is of course very amusing, but if you can't stand it then don't read it. It is that simple! If you don't like what people writes, then don't read it. Or start a new thread about something that you wish to discuss. Discussions that discuss discussions are meta-discussions.
11-27-2007, 04:19 AM   #368
Veteran Member

No, I don't think so.
This would be the deal breaker for me I reckon. Unless predictive AF is implemented and there is panning suitable SR then I'll have to stick with the K10D until I can afford a format change

11-27-2007, 04:22 AM   #369
Veteran Member

The recent rumor said that for a faster frame rate the shutter has to be completely redesigned and this has apparently not happen.
How do you know that, or are you just playing with us?
You make assumptions here... Isn't that "just silly and not very productive"?
Why aren't you following your own advice of "keeping quiet" if you don't know?
11-27-2007, 04:24 AM   #370
Pentaxian

Those not happy should not read posts in this forum section.
11-27-2007, 05:17 AM   #371
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
How do you know that, or are you just playing with us?
You make assumptions here... Isn't that "just silly and not very productive"?
Well, it's the best I can do ATM. I at least tell you what I know. And I indicated that it is a rumor.
I can only follow what is rumored. What I wote above is only a rumor I read.
It is of course possible that it's wrong and Pentax completely redesigned the shutter and we will get a faster rate.
11-27-2007, 08:49 AM   #372

One thing's for sure, and that is this: the k**d design team needs to take notice of the active D-lighting and auto CA reduction built into N*kon's D300. See Ken Rockwell's discussion here:

Nikon D300

John
11-27-2007, 09:15 AM   #373
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by button Quote
One thing's for sure, and that is this: the k**d design team needs to take notice of the active D-lighting and auto CA reduction built into N*kon's D300. See Ken Rockwell's discussion here:

Nikon D300
While I totally agree that these are features I'd love to see Pentax implement (see this post ), I can't help but chuckle at the first comment: "This one goes up to eleven!" (And also that he likes the +3 effect. To each his own, I suppose.)
11-27-2007, 09:20 AM   #374

I agree, the compressed dynamic range of digital camera makes it very tricky work with. If the camera had a D-Lighting type program, that tried to save highlights and eliminate CA, I'd handily pay for an upgrade.
11-27-2007, 09:31 AM   #375
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by button Quote

Nikon D300

John
Ken Rockw...