Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2007, 11:20 AM   #376
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
I'm sorry Benji, but Billy is right.
These constant "I know something, but cannot tell you, ... but it will be awesome!" are just silly and not very productive.
Just keep quiet, if you are under NDA.

I think you could do us more of a favor if you tell us something about post processing or something like that, share your profound knowledge, as you did a while ago. That would be really helpful!
Guys,

At least there is someone in the inside on this forum giving us a bit of direction. Heck, it makes me giddy like a school girl when Ben says that the upcoming camera is that good and I don't have a pentax camera yet. Besides, I am sure Ben is bursting on the inside ready to type out the exact specs to us in the PentaxForums but is under the cone of silence til the January debut.

Cheers to you Ben!

11-27-2007, 11:47 AM   #377
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxtic Quote
Guys,

At least there is someone in the inside on this forum giving us a bit of direction. Heck, it makes me giddy like a school girl when Ben says that the upcoming camera is that good and I don't have a pentax camera yet. Besides, I am sure Ben is bursting on the inside ready to type out the exact specs to us in the PentaxForums but is under the cone of silence til the January debut.

Cheers to you Ben!
Thank you, appreciated..and yes I am bursting at the seams. When I say that what is coming is ground breaking for Pentax, that is my assessment based on the knowledge I have been privy to. Of course that is a subjective perception based on my own needs as a professional. Remember that I am shooting in studio and have very specific needs. This new Pentax falls directly in to that category.

In fact the new Pentax will be ground breaking in terms of the competitors as well. Remember about six months or so ago, many spoke of the demise of Pentax..I knew that to be totally fallacious. I am proud to be sponsored by Pentax and will say that they have been a wonderful partner indeed.

Best Wishes

Ben
11-27-2007, 01:02 PM   #378
Inactive Account

Actually Ben, my post wasn't intended to be a straw, rather to promote a more honest and open discussion based on fact rather than rumourmongering or wishful thinking.
I'm about to invest in a K10D, but now should I wait for this miracle machine that might be out soon. Or might not be.
To say "I'm privvy to x and y but can't tell you" isn't direction, its everything but direction.
Though I'm pleased that you NEVER PLAY WITH THIS FORUM. ANGRY FACE. </CHEEKY GRIN>
The Non Disclosure element of the phrase Non Disclosure Agreement means just that, at least it has in the three that I have had to sign.
As for being as giddy as a school girl, well, each to his own.

Shhhhhh, gather round....<hushed tone>
The guy making my lunch this afternoon told me he'd heard a rumour that Pentax are to incorporate GM-based nanobots in its new body, the K20i, it will be powered by a small fusion reactor and to use lenses based on the extracted corneas of eye balls grown in stem cell research laboratories controlled by an evil genius living under a mountain in Switzerland.
</hushed tone>

Crikey!
Is that rumour true???
Yes. In the sense that it's true that it's a rumour.

Last edited by Billy; 11-27-2007 at 01:09 PM.
11-27-2007, 01:24 PM   #379
JMS

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Thank you, appreciated..and yes I am bursting at the seams. When I say that what is coming is ground breaking for Pentax, that is my assessment based on the knowledge I have been privy to. Of course that is a subjective perception based on my own needs as a professional. Remember that I am shooting in studio and have very specific needs. This new Pentax falls directly in to that category.

In fact the new Pentax will be ground breaking in terms of the competitors as well. Remember about six months or so ago, many spoke of the demise of Pentax..I knew that to be totally fallacious. I am proud to be sponsored by Pentax and will say that they have been a wonderful partner indeed.

Best Wishes

Ben
Thanks for the hint Ben. Hypothetically speaking, would a person with a $2000US budget be better off waiting till January to invest in equipment, or should they just get a K10D now? What about $3000?

11-27-2007, 04:34 PM   #380
Inactive Account

Keep the posts coming Benjikan - I for one really appreciate the info you are able to give out .

I am quite excited about the upcoming models and it is like being a young kid at Christmas again - I recommend everyone to enjoy the suspense and the fun of this thread, it is good for the soul.
11-27-2007, 04:47 PM   #381
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
These constant "I know something, but cannot tell you, ... but it will be awesome!" are just silly and not very productive.

I think you could do us more of a favor if you tell us something about post processing or something like that, share your profound knowledge, as you did a while ago. That would be really helpful!
I disagree entirely. As someone in the market to market my istDs I was seriously looking at the other makes, in particular the Canon 40D. There was a good chance of me buying one before Christmas. I will now wait until I see the new Pentax cameras. Ben's post and Chris's backup statements have helped me out, and in the mean time I can try and save up a bit more so I don't have to go in debt to upgrade. If you don't like these sort of rumours/leaks then I don't see why you are even reading any of the threads in this section of the Forum.

QuoteOriginally posted by Falcons Quote
Keep the posts coming Benjikan - I for one really appreciate the info you are able to give out .

I am quite excited about the upcoming models and it is like being a young kid at Christmas again - I recommend everyone to enjoy the suspense and the fun of this thread, it is good for the soul.
I second that, I enjoy these threads, whether or not it's all true.
11-27-2007, 05:35 PM   #382
Veteran Member

Original Poster
OK here are some helpful threads..already posted:

OK Here are some helpful threads..already posted:

Professional photography, Benjamin Kanarek, on fashion photography

Benjamin Kanarek explains how to put a fashion shoot together

Professional Photographer Benjamin Kanarek explains about Ad Agencies

Benjamin Kanarek post processing method | PentaxLife

Now, if you have any questions re: technique, the biz etc. feel free to ask. If I can respond I will. It is often the question that is more telling, than the answer.

Hope you find this helpful...

Last edited by benjikan; 11-27-2007 at 05:45 PM.
11-27-2007, 08:09 PM   #383

Anyone see this link on Cnet to this thread? Rumors: Pentax K20, K200 debut in January | Underexposed - CNET News.com

11-27-2007, 10:47 PM   #384
Veteran Member

I TOTALLY DISAGREE!

Keep the posts coming, Ben!
I love rumors

Despite their "NDA", the fact that Pentax have been showing the prototypes and allowing so many people to know the details of the cameras convince me that they are "leaking" these news on purpose. Look at all the reports by CNET, gizmodo and engadget. And they don't have to spend a cent.

Since these cameras could not make it for the holiday season, these intentional "leak" is a clever strategy to keep people going to the competitors until PMA. Just hope that it is really worth our wait.
11-27-2007, 11:06 PM   #385
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zmatt Quote
I did now. Certainly the 'rumor' that the 3 long lenses that have been on the public roadmap
for an eternity and which are now over due in not 'news'. The last march roadmap inclusion lead me to expect them for christmas, but that was not to be the case. I would that thought that the technology for designing and making a decent telephoto prime would be fairly well known by now. After all Pentax has selling 200 and 300mm primes for over 40 years.

the body rumor listed there are aren't any different than what has been discussed here (chinese walls talk), but if they prove reasonably accurate, it will make for a nice buzz come January 24.
11-28-2007, 01:34 AM   #386
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Keep the posts coming, Ben!
I love rumors
I love rumors, too.
But I cannot remember any rumors from Ben.
All he says it that the new cameras will be "awesome".
The rumors we have come from a Chinese forum.

Remember that Ben is a Pentax protégé:
The one who pays the piper calls the tune.
11-28-2007, 02:16 AM   #387
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I love rumors, too.
But I cannot remember any rumors from Ben.
All he says it that the new cameras will be "awesome".
The rumors we have come from a Chinese forum.

Remember that Ben is a Pentax protégé:
The one who pays the piper calls the tune.
No direct rumour from Ben indeed AFAICT but he's probably more than anyone else bound to a very strict NDA. Others can relay rumours that they know contains true elements and say "look this is the current rumour" or something like that. In fact they know the whole thing but can't say because of NDA. So they report rumours but in fact... they report some data points toward what will be indeed announced the 24th.

Well I targeting a couple guys, not most forum posters of course.
11-28-2007, 03:56 AM   #388
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Ken Rockw...

Surely he would be speculating on the D4 and D400 by now
11-28-2007, 04:29 AM   #389
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Billy Quote
to promote a more honest and open discussion based on fact rather than rumourmongering or wishful thinking.
Billy,

it is not possible to have "a more honest and open discussion based on fact" on products that are neither released or officially announced. So what you are really saying is that you does not want us to discuss future products at all.

Until the official announcement comes, there can't be anything but rumours simply because things can change. Specifications, firmware etc.

If you do not like discussions on future products not released yet, then you don't have to read.
11-28-2007, 04:32 AM   #390
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rvannatta Quote
I did now. Certainly the 'rumor' that the 3 long lenses that have been on the public roadmap
for an eternity and which are now over due in not 'news'. The last march roadmap inclusion lead me to expect them for christmas, but that was not to be the case. I would that thought that the technology for designing and making a decent telephoto prime would be fairly well known by now. After all Pentax has selling 200 and 300mm primes for over 40 years.
It is not the design stage that is troublesome, it is Pentax new lens assemblent factory in Vietnam that gives Pentax a real headache. Lenses has been delayed due to issues with the factory and personell.