Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2007, 09:57 PM   #31
Veteran Member

An intelligent 14Mp FF body that switches itself to 6Mp APS-C when a DA lens is mounted, and not all too expensive

Last edited by Kguru; 10-12-2007 at 12:35 AM.
10-12-2007, 12:26 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think and hope that they settled on APS-C.
10-12-2007, 12:34 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Forgot to add that I played with the Pentax 18-250 and it's nothing like the Tamron version. Focus is faster and image quality is top notch, plus it's cheaper than the Tamron.
All this sounds very implausible.
Are you saying that the lens is NOT a Tamron clone?
How good do you know the Tamron to make such a statement?
10-12-2007, 12:50 AM   #34
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Kguru Quote
An intelligent 14Mp FF body that switches itself to 6Mp APS-C when a DA lens is mounted, and not all too expensive
I try not to do it to myself, but this is exactly what I hope for

Then I could finally squeeze all that wasted real estate out of my carefully planned FF lens buys!

10-12-2007, 12:58 AM   #35
Inactive Account

Very interesting Ben, this gels with the "Watch this space" for January hint that i received.
10-12-2007, 01:33 AM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Nope, not at all.
VERY annoying IMO. A pity really.
10-12-2007, 02:54 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilm_user Quote
I understand some people's frustration...

Heck, I was frustrated just trying to find some FA* lenses - Tom you know what that is all about! Remember: Hoya is a huge supplier of lens blanks for many companies, including the "big two". That merger only spells major positives, especially for Pentax. Think about it - Hoya can now give Pentax their lens blanks at cost... because they own Pentax...

I cannot disclose other positives in the Pentax camp - I'm aware of what's coming up, but only in the general specs dept.

This I do know for certain: some of the deficiencies will be addressed - especially in the lens department. Granted, not everyone can afford a 400/2.8 or longer, but it's coming!! No I didn't say they're releasing that lens - but the lens selection improvement is coming. You read it here first: come January that news should be released.

Guys, you know I don't believe in conjecture/rumors, etc., but what I said in the previous paragraph is first hand from Pentax USA. I know this, but I am bound to a non-disclosure agreement with Pentax USA... stay the course, and you'll see the rewards of waiting.

Regards,
Marc

DITTO...

10-12-2007, 02:58 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Did you say 12 Mp?

QuoteOriginally posted by macdaddy Quote
All I care about is whether or not Pentax delivers a true MF Digital camera body (i.e.; the 645D) AND a 12 Mp body to "update" the K10D to compete with Canikon!
Rob W
Did you say 12 Mp? Is that all?
10-12-2007, 03:36 AM   #39
and
Veteran Member

aps-c with more than 12mp (14?) sounds like a bad idea resulting in either high iso noise or extremely aggressive nr...
10-12-2007, 03:38 AM   #40

This is getting tiresome.
Rumors are what lots of people survive on. They literally feed on it.
The problem, as I see it, is that this is Nth rumor saying "in a few months there will be BIG surprise. I mean BIG surprise."
And then nothing.

But why this persistent flow of rumors?I mean, do you need better camera? Is your camera hindering your artistic expression? If yes, why do you wait? Grab another camera and shoot away. You will loose a bit of money in going to another brand, but you will get camera that shoots wildlife closeups with wide angle lenses at 10mile distance, or you might get crucial 10fps for your macro pictures. Do not get me wrong - there are photographers that actually use all of the PRO features and need those features, but as far as I can see, we here are NOT pros, or at least majority is not.

I am perfectly happy with my camera. I even consider kidnapping my father's old Zenith EM and try out my skills I learnt so far. I am not considering upgrade until my better and prettier half kidnaps my camera and does not let me near it (this is how I got this one )
I am not happy with my lens, and am working on acquiring a set of lens that will make me happy and not make me broke. That means that DA* are waaaay out of my league, and will stay there indefinitely since I cannot justify the expense. Even most of DAs are waay out of my league (notice number of As).
I would like to see Pentax branded cheap quality lens. I know that it is impossible, but that is what I would like to see more then new body that has 762 MP, shoots 92fps, cooks coffee and guards little children.

Last edited by Branimir; 10-12-2007 at 03:46 AM.
10-12-2007, 04:19 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Holga

QuoteOriginally posted by Branimir Quote
This is getting tiresome.
Rumors are what lots of people survive on. They literally feed on it.
The problem, as I see it, is that this is Nth rumor saying "in a few months there will be BIG surprise. I mean BIG surprise."
And then nothing.

But why this persistent flow of rumors?I mean, do you need better camera? Is your camera hindering your artistic expression? If yes, why do you wait? Grab another camera and shoot away. You will loose a bit of money in going to another brand, but you will get camera that shoots wildlife closeups with wide angle lenses at 10mile distance, or you might get crucial 10fps for your macro pictures. Do not get me wrong - there are photographers that actually use all of the PRO features and need those features, but as far as I can see, we here are NOT pros, or at least majority is not.

I am perfectly happy with my camera. I even consider kidnapping my father's old Zenith EM and try out my skills I learnt so far. I am not considering upgrade until my better and prettier half kidnaps my camera and does not let me near it (this is how I got this one )
I am not happy with my lens, and am working on acquiring a set of lens that will make me happy and not make me broke. That means that DA* are waaaay out of my league, and will stay there indefinitely since I cannot justify the expense. Even most of DAs are waay out of my league (notice number of As).
I would like to see Pentax branded cheap quality lens. I know that it is impossible, but that is what I would like to see more then new body that has 762 MP, shoots 92fps, cooks coffee and guards little children.
I still love my Holga, Bronica and Fuji F30, but these are not rumors...Just stating a fact!
10-12-2007, 05:06 AM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Branimir Quote
This is getting tiresome. [...] But why this persistent flow of rumors?I mean, do you need better camera? Is your camera hindering your artistic expression? [...]
Many people are perfectly happy with their current cameras. However, it's a very safe bet than in a few years, these cameras will be very far behind the state of the art. The future health of the system is important do decisions we do make now, like whether to buy more K-mount lenses (or to sell the ones we have while the selling is still good). If Hoya intends to just milk Pentax's camera division for the money it can get and then just dump them (or worse, make them into a cheap-crap brand), then there is no future and it'd be nice to know that as soon as possible. On the other hand, since we do like what we have, we'd really like to know that there's a place to go next when the time comes.

That's not unreasonable at all, and if you're tired of it, stop reading the rumors threads.

I'd like to recommend the K10D to a friend of mine, but I have no idea if future offerings from Pentax are going to continue to meet her needs or if I'm suggesting to buy into a dead end system. If I recommend one of the big two brands, I know that not only will there be a company there when it comes time to upgrade, but that they'll continue to offer a range of cameras from which she'll be guaranteed to find a fit for her evolving needs.
10-12-2007, 05:18 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Sorry, Benji,
but this is a typical Benjikan post.

It appears to me that you, since you are sponsored by Pentax France, have to post something like this from time to time, to keep us all at it.

Did you ever tell us something really interesting? Cannot remember.
10-12-2007, 05:31 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
It appears to me that you, since you are sponsored by Pentax France, have to post something like this from time to time, to keep us all at it.
Much more likely is the scenario that Pentax France (and Pentax US in Codiac's case) simply believe that there are upcoming releases that Pentax Japan nixes. I highly doubt that either Benji or Codiac are spreading unfounded propaganda; Pentax Japan has been known throughout it history to keep its international arms in the dark. Unless and until we hear something from Japan do these rumors mean very much, not at the fault of the messenger.

And Ben, I hope to God it isn't more than 12MP and APS-C.
10-12-2007, 05:41 AM   #45
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Did you say 12 Mp? Is that all?
Ben,

Do you know by chance the tale of Peter and the Wolf

From Psychology I learnt that the best strategy to keep people interested is to make use of intermitent rewards which it means that eventually you have to say something true in order to create expectation:ugh:

I must say that I believe you this time but I was not expecting Pentax to go "minicropped" or full frame.

Thank you anyway, these kind of posts are always fun.