Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-12-2007, 04:21 AM   #316
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
When they do announce new bodies, it would be interesting to know, since apparently they went back to the drawing board after getting more cash from Hoya, what parts they changed from the original plan

11-12-2007, 04:39 AM   #317
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Harald Quote
Isn't that called EVF (electronic viewfinder)? what use it would have? it combines all negatives from optical and lcd viewfinders. Minolta digicams used to have one and I considered it an ridiculous invention
No what Pentax plans according to rumors is both optical/electronic viewfinder at the same time, you just need to switch a button or something like taht depending on what you want.
11-12-2007, 05:55 AM   #318

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
No what Pentax plans according to rumors is both optical/electronic viewfinder at the same time, you just need to switch a button or something like taht depending on what you want.
I am speculating:

If these rumors are true but the concept is slightly misunderstood, the implementation could be something like internal zigview....

if similar "camera" used in Zigview solution is located into prism chamber and its picture relayed to normal LCD in camera back...

and this LCD has 3D-turning capability....

voila, you have liveview without sacrificed or handicapped prism viewfinder....
11-12-2007, 10:54 AM   #319
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by khardur Quote
And removing in-body SR would mean they lose one of their marketing advantages to the "big two" - being that all the lenses that fit are stablized by the in-camera SR. I don't think that would be a good direction to go for them. (unless they're only concerned with their profitsss, which would not be good in my opinion.)
Pentax holds the patents for an add-on device with image stabilisation, like a teleconverter with built in IS. This will work for all lenses. (but perhaps not as effective as "true" in-lens IS). The patents was filed in the late 90's, but was never realised into a final product.

11-12-2007, 12:16 PM   #320
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
I think that the main purpose of the viewfinder display is the possibility to overlay histogram/dof preview/blown highlight and other image data in the viewfinder directly after a shot has been taken. I dont really see the use of a classic EVF in a DSLR.

/Mats
11-12-2007, 02:19 PM   #321
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mats Quote
I think that the main purpose of the viewfinder display is the possibility to overlay histogram/dof preview/blown highlight and other image data in the viewfinder directly after a shot has been taken. I dont really see the use of a classic EVF in a DSLR.

/Mats
I agree, and... not!

If you watch DSLR users in the field, you can see them taking a photo and then they move the camera foreward to have a look at their display for the results.
With such a function in the viewfinder, there will be no need to take your eye of the camera. Which makes it easier and faster from an ergonomical point of view.

Also, you can display much more information on a display than on the one line at the bottom of the reflected image. All the things you now need to press the Info button for, for instance.

I can see loads of advantages.

(Still hoping for a good ISO 6400 performance and better DR....)

- Bert

Last edited by bymy141; 11-12-2007 at 03:02 PM.
11-12-2007, 02:58 PM   #322
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bymy141 Quote
I agree, and... not!

If you watch DSLR users in the fiels, you can see them taking a photo and then they move the camera foreward to have a look at their display for the results.
With such a function in the viewfinder, there will be no need to take your eye of the camera. Which makes it easier and faster from an ergonomical point of view.

Also, you can display much more information on a display than on the one line at the bottom of the reflected image. All the things you now need to press the Info button for, for instance.

I can see loads of advantages.

(Still hoping for a good ISO 6400 performance and better DR....)

- Bert
That was exactly my point, cant really see what you mean with and... not.
/Mats

11-12-2007, 09:22 PM   #323
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by revolution6 Quote
I too think that the features and abilities of the k10 would be awesome as their entry level, and my source wouldn't verify this but i expect them to take the same 10mp chip, and the same k10 processor, maybe take out the sensitivity priority modes and some of the specialized buttons, add scene modes and squish it all into a smaller body and call it the k200 or something similar, because the k10 is a bit large and intimidating to a broader consumer market.

As far as lenses, I really haven't heard much as far as firm releases, but it seems that they are for the time focusing on the lower-end consumer lenses like the 18-250, which looks and feels almost exactly like its Tamron sibling, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and the 60-250 DA*. I haven't heard anything about the long telephoto DA* primes apart from rumors on the net that they're redesigning them with some financial help from Hoya after the less-than-perfect reception of the 16-50 and 50-135 DA*s which sounds like a reasonable assumption to me.
IT certainly seems like a good plan on paper.
A stripped down k10
A K10 at a new lower price
A K(new) with 14 mp.

BUT the LENS ROAD MAP needs to happen.--profoundly the 300 mm prime.
11-13-2007, 02:03 AM   #324
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mats Quote
to overlay histogram/dof preview/blown highlight and other image data in the viewfinder directly after a shot has been taken.
Or live histogram as you are framing through the viewfinder to be sure the exposure settings will work.

That combined with the ability to send the image onto the rear LCD that flips out for overhead and easier ground level shots would finally make this make some sense.
11-13-2007, 02:37 AM   #325

You are loading so much stuff to the viewfinder that we will need an another viewfinder to see the actual subject....
11-13-2007, 03:22 AM   #326
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
PENTAX presents first dual screen camera!

11-13-2007, 01:14 PM   #327
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
PENTAX presents first dual screen camera!

Load batteries in it, turn it on, it will walk around and take all the pics for you too!
Now you can really complain that its the camera that takes the bad pic, and not the photographer/button pusher
LOL
11-13-2007, 08:02 PM   #328

Anyone else hoping to see a full frame RF for that newly announced new 40mm lens?

I shoot a k1000 and really enjoy using it with Tri-x 400. Nevertheless, I'm hoping for a lightweight FF digital RF maybe even with a new 'Kellogg's' sensor. Of course the camera would need to have minimal shutter lag and reasonable IQ - providing a similar look and feel to Tri-x. Anyone else hoping this will happen sooner than later?
11-13-2007, 10:57 PM - 1 Like   #329
Inactive Account

I can't believe you people waste sooo much time on rumors guesses and speculation.
Don't yawl have any kinda social lives
11-14-2007, 02:39 AM   #330

QuoteOriginally posted by Jesus Quote
I can't believe you people waste sooo much time on rumors guesses and speculation.
Don't yawl have any kinda social lives
Isn't this one kind of social life?

And you stay in your social life just in pure facts? sounds boring