Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2011, 09:59 PM   #211
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Whatever the case with him - he sure has created a huge traffic here and on his website.

02-24-2011, 10:07 PM   #212

I can't believe I just read through this entire thread.....I need to get away from the computer and go make some photos.....

My guess is, it's an anodized aluminum spirit level that can go on the hot shoe and has either K7 or K5 laser etched on the side. One thing you realize reading through this thread is that Pentax users don't seem to be clamoring for any type of accessories for their cameras, but instead features that were not part of the original spec.
02-24-2011, 10:10 PM   #213

Wow, just noticed almost 31,000 other people wasted time reading this as well....Good advertising method I guess.
02-25-2011, 07:36 AM   #214
Loyal Site Supporter

I love the electronic level on my K7

QuoteOriginally posted by C-Factor Quote
I can't believe I just read through this entire thread.....I need to get away from the computer and go make some photos.....

My guess is, it's an anodized aluminum spirit level that can go on the hot shoe and has either K7 or K5 laser etched on the side. One thing you realize reading through this thread is that Pentax users don't seem to be clamoring for any type of accessories for their cameras, but instead features that were not part of the original spec.

02-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #215
Loyal Site Supporter

i like my level as well. so i can't see making a spirit level for the k5/7 as they have one built in (which will be at least as accurate as a spirit level, even if it is off a little (spirit levels are only semi accurate in any case for almost all models - engineers precision levels being the exception not the rule)
02-25-2011, 07:38 AM - 6 Likes   #216
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jjw3 Quote
Of course very sad that his mother died. On the other hand it almost seems to coincidental. I know...the thought is a bit far-fetched, faking a relatives death in order to postpone the launch of a product....But is there anyone here that actually knows who this guy really is?

- He first promises a product launch, then tells us the launch will be delayed because his mother died (very reasonable and acceptable).
- Yet then he tells us that he will either bring the item and post some kind of picture/movie of the thing and if not possible divulge what it is (say in text?)
- Then all of a sudden he does have time/energy to alter the complete post, yet he doesn't have time/energy to type 3 lines revealing the product?

Now isn't that a bit weird? I could totally understand him telling about his mother passing away and postponing any news/writing/etc. for a week or longer. But if he is posting things anyway, then why not reveal the thing?
I mean I want to believe him and wish him all the best, but it's just weird.

is it possible to remove rep? if so, i'd like to remove yours.
imagine yourself in Yvon's shoes and imagine how Yvon will feel when he reads this thread to see people criticizing him when his mother has just passed away.

Yvon: you have my sympathies. Take care of the things that truly matter in life (family) and eventually maybe you can come back here and resume this work, here.

- sam
02-25-2011, 07:42 AM   #217
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sameagle Quote
imagine yourself in Yvon's shoes and imagine how Yvon will feel when he reads this thread to see people criticizing him when his mother has just passed away.

Yvon: you have my sympathies. Take care of the things that truly matter in life (family) and eventually maybe you can come back here and resume this work, here.

- sam
+1 nicely said
02-25-2011, 07:43 AM   #218
Veteran Member

My Guess

My guess is that this is some sort of mounting bracket / hardware to allow you to mount your camera to various vehicles to enable you to get shots from your vehicle while driving.

I know the ram mount system makes similar type of stuff, but I don't think I'd particularly trust the ram mount to be solid and stiff enough to secure a heavy dslr and lens combination.

- sam

02-25-2011, 09:09 AM   #219

Photos: Albums

- sam
Glad someone said it.
02-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #220
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

- sam
Well, that made things easy for me. I don't think I could have said it any better.
02-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #221
jjw3

- sam
Oh please...all of you...start with reading properly. I already said I wish him all the best and can perfectly understand if he takes as much time as he needs. He definately should do this and his mother passing away is a terrible thing.

Sure these must be confusing times for him and his priority of course isn't to write a blog post.

But that doesn't change anything about the fact that the whole thing came across slightly weird. I'm just pointing out what a lot of people are thinking (vaporware? like said in this thread by other people multiple times before), but apparantly nobody dares to say. Regardless of how I or anyone else here feels sorry for Yvon.
02-25-2011, 04:13 PM   #222

QuoteOriginally posted by jjw3 Quote
Oh please...all of you...start with reading properly. I already said I wish him all the best and can perfectly understand if he takes as much time as he needs. He definately should do this and his mother passing away is a terrible thing.

Sure these must be confusing times for him and his priority of course isn't to write a blog post.

But that doesn't change anything about the fact that the whole thing came across slightly weird. I'm just pointing out what a lot of people are thinking (vaporware? like said in this thread by other people multiple times before), but apparantly nobody dares to say. Regardless of how I or anyone else here feels sorry for Yvon.
You are right, nobody dare.
I have no proof but I'm sceptical too, it's a seller who is launching a new product, many announcements like some big companies do for marketing..
Also he shows his private life on the web.
It's normal to be sceptical, marketing can be so weird, if he were not a seller I wouldn't dare to write that of course.

Sorry for that, I'm just sceptical I'm not accusing someone.
And sorry for my poor English, hope you can understand it.
02-25-2011, 04:17 PM   #223
Site Supporter

So it mounts to the flash (maybe) shoe and puts GPS info into the EXIF data? That's kind of good when we all finally forget about where we went. Keeps lying about the location we shot down too!
02-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #224
Veteran Member

Maybe those of you "skeptics" should get to know the people that came long before you and helped build up this site, before you go casting stones.
02-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #225
Loyal Site Supporter

he has had a pretty nice large format system out before, it failed eventually but large format is a pretty tiny market. makes pentax look like canikon combined from a size standpoint. I've lost a umber of people close to me over the years and it always takes it's toll. i'm sure he'll come back with what he has planned
Closed Thread