Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2011, 09:42 PM - 2 Likes   #226
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jjw3 Quote
But that doesn't change anything about the fact that the whole thing came across slightly weird. I'm just pointing out what a lot of people are thinking (vaporware? like said in this thread by other people multiple times before), but apparantly nobody dares to say. Regardless of how I or anyone else here feels sorry for Yvon.
I think it would be for the best if you ceased mixing these topics. I think it would be in everyone's best interest not to mix these two topics.

Your point of "What if this is vaporware" takes on a very different meaning when you mix it with the death of his mom. In that context, whether or not you intend it, you are stating that he is using the death of his mom as part of a marketing campaign.

I expect a response on the topic of vaporware all by itself would not have evoked the same level of concern and ire. I know that it wouldn't have from me.

When I first read your line "Of course very sad that his mother died. On the other hand it almost seems to[sic] coincidental." what I heard in my head was: Here is someone trying to potentially do something nice for us Pentaxians, and on his return from a grieving process, he will be confronted with this?

Frankly, I don't love that Yvon will probably read this thread when he returns.

I hope that Yvon doesn't read these messages. If he does, I hope he continues to read far enough to see the vast majority of responses.

I hope that Yvon does not associate a few painful posts with the broader Pentax community.

Most of all I hope Yvon is healing well form his grief and is able to find a measure of peace.

02-26-2011, 07:35 AM   #227
jjw3

I'm more then happy to remove all my posts on this topic, if that takes away any confusion or miss interpertation of my comments.

I make a clear distinction between the personal news and the marketing, I'm critizing the business aspect and supporting the private life. If people can't or do not want to see that, then please just skip my posts.

I understand that it gets confusing since both are posted on the same topic, so lets just stick to the topic of this post from now on.
02-26-2011, 07:41 AM   #228
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jjw3 Quote
I'm more then happy to remove all my posts on this topic, if that takes away any confusion or miss interpertation of my comments.

I make a clear distinction between the personal news and the marketing, I'm critizing the business aspect and supporting the private life. If people can't or do not want to see that, then please just skip my posts.

I understand that it gets confusing since both are posted on the same topic, so lets just stick to the topic of this post from now on.
Too late, chief. Damages are done already. It was quite disgusting, really. Moderators?
02-26-2011, 07:57 AM   #229
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
Too late, chief. Damages are done already. It was quite disgusting, really. Moderators?
Don't really see the need to pile it on at this point. I've noticed that with this site's growing popularity there tends to be a bit more of that no-one-knows-anyone thing that causes people to get their backs up a bit. I suggest we move on.

02-26-2011, 08:04 AM   #230
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
Don't really see the need to pile it on at this point. I've noticed that with this site's growing popularity there tends to be a bit more of that no-one-knows-anyone thing that causes people to get their backs up a bit. I suggest we move on.
About time.
02-26-2011, 08:17 AM   #231
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
I suggest we move on.
+1

So I think it's a bellows.
02-26-2011, 08:38 AM   #232

Anyway I think it's bad to expose your own private life on the same blog where you sell your products.

Especially when you apply marketing actions like these many announcements ("something new is coming")...

Maybe common in Steve Jobs's country

If the product is really good, innovating and useful it doesn't need to make such marketing actions. Satisfied buyer will talk a lot about it on the forum and many people will buy it. You know photographers like to talk about stuff (more than photo sometime!)

Most important I hope his new product is really innovating and useful.
02-26-2011, 09:53 AM   #233
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clinton Quote
So I think it's a bellows.
That's about the only thing we haven't discussed. 8)

QuoteOriginally posted by Alo´s Quote
If the product is really good, innovating and useful it doesn't need to make such marketing actions
IMHO, every form of marketing should be exploited, especially for a start-up.

02-26-2011, 10:06 AM   #234
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
The moderators have looked into it and are of the opinion that EVERYBODY, should let the issue drop at this point.

(HINT! HINT!)
02-26-2011, 04:11 PM - 1 Like   #235
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
The moderators have looked into it and are of the opinion that EVERYBODY, should let the issue drop at this point.

(HINT! HINT!)
+1

What if it's a set of Macro Extension Tubes with aperture lever, data pass through, and AF, including the PZ contacts... yummy.
02-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #236
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clinton Quote
+1

What if it's a set of Macro Extension Tubes with aperture lever, data pass through, and AF, including the PZ contacts... yummy.
That would be wonderful, but A) Nikon and Canon already have that, and B) obviously it's not new.

A fully automatic bellows with AF, a focal length sensor and pass thru for the aperture contacts would be fun tho. You crank out the bellows and in the viewfinder you would see all the info, focal length, aperture, and it would AF if you wanted, tho I imagine that most would go with manual focus as in all macros.

NaCl(that would be new and interesting! Tho it would hardly change photography)H2O
02-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #237
Veteran Member

So far, the specifications stated for the device:

No software
No glass (yet)
No plastic (cheap)

K-5 and K-7 only.

Useful to photographers who are outdoors (travel, wildlife, landscape). Not useful to Studio photographers.

Adaptable to other camera brands.

"It's not something silly"

Conclusions based on statements:

Given the stated shop setup and capabilities, the item is probably made of machined metal (I'm going to guess aluminum!) anodized black.

The statements suggest something Not electronic designed to only fit on the K-5/7. This rules out devices that attach only to the K-mount, hot-shoe, or tripod mount as those devices would automatically be usable by any number of Pentax cameras. In addition it rules out devices that enhance the K-5/7 electronically, ie: GPS, WiFi, extra SD interface, Tethering support, etc.

I've gotta be honest. I have no idea what they are planning. One person a few pages back said something along the lines of "rollcage" and that's sounds better than anything I can think of that fits the parameters!
02-27-2011, 12:45 AM   #238

Im gonna guess either
- a security device for the travelers
- a night vision attachment
- a protective jacket-like cover
- a macro to tele converter and vice versa
02-27-2011, 01:05 AM   #239
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nambawan Quote
- a macro to tele converter and vice versa
Without glass?
02-27-2011, 07:09 AM   #240

Photos: Albums
It's a swiss army knife-grip so you can use your DSLR to open a can of beans.
Closed Thread