Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #76

GPS unit that automatically embeds location data in the exif information

02-15-2011, 08:45 PM   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
He's got a background in LF cameras and posts on TOP. I recall comments on TOP to the effect that someone or other wished there was a way to mount DSLRs like backs on LF cameras. I'm thinking a view-camera back that mounts a DSLR and then allows you to shift it around precisely, sampling the full area of lens coverage to be stitched into gigantic photos in post. Kind of like what some already do with stitching, just a lot more precise and it uses a view camera body and lens, allowing for movements.

I think that would be pretty cool and not unrealistic for some guy to produce.
02-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #78
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by er1kksen Quote
I think that would be pretty cool and not unrealistic for some guy to produce.
Yeah I was thinking along those lines, something that turned a crop sensor DSLR into a FF or MF or allowed it to produce images of that size. Don't ask me how, I'm just shooting the breeze here....can't beleive I got sucked into this thread.......
02-15-2011, 09:07 PM   #79
Site Supporter

A Battery grip with built in 1TB Solid State Drive (SSD) which will effectively solve all dslr storage limitation issues.....sure! It'll probably cost as much as three K5s

Supposedly Toshiba developed a 1TB SSD the size of a postage stamp:
Toshiba Develops 1TB SSD That Fits On A Postage Stamp - HotHardware

02-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #80
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Yes, it is a geo tagger in the grip that -- with a firmware update -- enhances the camera to be used as a navigational device. You'll get driving/walking directions on the rear LCD screen.

It comes with a cable that connects to your car so that it can stop the car at strategic places. It then takes a picture automatically and starts the car again.

Optional accessories include a re-constructed weather balloon that will lift you into space. The GPS unit will continue to work and give you exact altitude readings. This is the real reason for the "K10D in space" tests. It all comes together now...

It cannot be about tethering since practically every non-Pentax DSLR on the planet can do that already and with PK Tether there are already unofficial ways to add this feature to the K-7/K-5.

Doesn't make sense for a multitude of reasons.

Whatever it will be, it is bound to disappoint after such a teaser.

What would be a cool feature if a new battery grip had an integrated transmitter for remote radio flash control. An LCD with some buttons should allow you to change the power settings for each flash individually. I wonder why camera manufacturers haven't come up with something like this yet. They could build in proprietary radio receivers into their flashes that would work with such a grip.
I said HOPE it is,PK tether may be good enough for amateur snapshots but not for my work also it is only for PC which again I would not dream of owning or using.
02-15-2011, 10:49 PM   #81
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Todays entry from his blog-
QuoteQuote:
WOW! We never thought so many people would be that interested. Let me say that what's coming is not made by Pentax nor is Pentax sponsoring us. We are starting with the Pentax K-7 and K-5 because these are the cameras that we love and use everyday.

There are no software involved (except for the manufacturing) and there are no glass either, not yet anyway. It is being made right here in the U.S.A. It's not something silly and DSLR users might ask themselves how they managed without one for so long.

We will be introducing more than one item, all adaptable to Nikon, Canon, Sony and Olympus as well.

Hopefully we can let you in on it very soon.
02-15-2011, 11:00 PM   #82
ogl
Pentaxian

Original Poster
UltraCell | Products
02-15-2011, 11:04 PM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Maybe, but thats not really something i "might ask themselves how they managed without one for so long. "

For the record, ive never ran out of battery's on my camera whislt out and about.

02-15-2011, 11:51 PM   #84
Veteran Member

I bet it's just a GPS attachment. Since Pentax already announced a WG-1 GPS p&s camera, I guess they'd like to add GPS feature to their dSLR cameras too

Not totally new though, so don't know why the rumor says Pentax K5/K7 would have it first, then CNS... will follow...
02-15-2011, 11:59 PM   #85
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
I bet it's just a GPS attachment. Since Pentax already announced a WG-1 GPS p&s camera, I guess they'd like to add GPS feature to their dSLR cameras too

Not totally new though, so don't know why the rumor says Pentax K5/K7 would have it first, then CNS... will follow...
Its confirmed that Pentax has had nothing to do with this new product from the 3rd party.

Also gps add on is something that i dont want, not to mention something i'd "might ask themselves how they managed without one for so long".
02-16-2011, 01:06 AM   #86

From the blog

PENTAX DSLRs: Continuation...Something new is coming and it's getting around the corner. Pentax will be the first to get it.

"WOW! We never thought so many people would be that interested. Let me say that what's coming is not made by Pentax nor is Pentax sponsoring us. We are starting with the Pentax K-7 and K-5 because these are the cameras that we love and use everyday.

There are no software involved (except for the manufacturing) and there are no glass either, not yet anyway. It is being made right here in the U.S.A. It's not something silly and DSLR users might ask themselves how they managed without one for so long."

sorry if it is a repost. (bold are mine)
02-16-2011, 01:07 AM   #87

By the way, Yvon put some ad-hoc pictures to generate even more hyp
02-16-2011, 02:47 AM   #88
Veteran Member

Most likely that rumoed grip with built in fuel cell, tripod, 1tb ssd, macro ring flash, AF for M-lenses, gps unit and facebook on a touch screen. Think I'm right?
02-16-2011, 03:13 AM   #89
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
I'd be interested in what you did to get your version of the logo. If you could share your process, I'd appreciate it a lot.
Simple sharpening and denoising is not sufficient. An edge detection algorithm shows that the "speed" effect was created between a visible initial and final position of the logo. To gain detail, I superimposed the two versions after shifting and rescaling. E.g. customizing the gradation curves, color shift/balance and saturation etc. of the layers further helps to identify the letters.

QuoteQuote:
Something new is coming. DSLRs will never be the same…
After such an announcement, it only can be ...

... a magic powder . When spread on an APS-C sensor, the latter will expand to 135/FF size. Furthermore, an aperture coupler will grow and all (firmware) bugs of the camera will be eliminated.
02-16-2011, 03:54 AM   #90
Veteran Member

I reckon it's a clip-on film back that takes and automatically develops Ektachrome.
Closed Thread