Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #46
Site Supporter
Aristophanes's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,922
What catches my eye here is the Omnia "Movie Pro" and "Movie Home" lenses.

Those are clearly from marketing research and very interesting concepts, especially a 16mm for indoor video of family scenes.

03-01-2011, 04:46 AM   #47
Veteran Member
lol101's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Garennes sur Eure France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 900
QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
What catches my eye here is the Omnia "Movie Pro" and "Movie Home" lenses.

Those are clearly from marketing research and very interesting concepts, especially a 16mm for indoor video of family scenes.
Did I understand right that these zooms have been designed to keep their focus even when zooming in/out?

I thought it was very difficult design zooms this way (I forgot the technical name for it)...

They are being serious about it at least.

I think they might have a good shot at this market if they managed to get their camera/lenses side by side with the other guys in shops but, so far, they seem to have some difficulties with their distribution network.

Maybe they are waiting to have a decent range (end of 2011?) before pumping the volume up...
03-02-2011, 01:33 AM   #48
Forum Member
retroflex's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mölnlycke
Photos: Albums
Posts: 98
QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Did I understand right that these zooms have been designed to keep their focus even when zooming in/out?

I thought it was very difficult design zooms this way (I forgot the technical name for it)...
It's called parfocal. Zooms not keeping focus when zooming are called varifocal. I have a Sigma 18-50/2.8 EX Macro which is parfocal but still pretty inexpensive. But I have no idea of the extra cost involved. I guess most people wouldn't want to spend extra $ on it, as it's even hard to find out from the specs which lenses have this feature.
03-02-2011, 02:31 AM   #49
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,714
QuoteOriginally posted by retroflex Quote
It's called parfocal. Zooms not keeping focus when zooming are called varifocal. I have a Sigma 18-50/2.8 EX Macro which is parfocal but still pretty inexpensive. But I have no idea of the extra cost involved. I guess most people wouldn't want to spend extra $ on it, as it's even hard to find out from the specs which lenses have this feature.
Is that the same system as in for instance FA*80-200mm/f2.8 lens in wich the lens keeps it focus when refocussing/zooming?

03-02-2011, 11:52 PM   #50
Forum Member
retroflex's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mölnlycke
Photos: Albums
Posts: 98
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Is that the same system as in for instance FA*80-200mm/f2.8 lens in wich the lens keeps it focus when refocussing/zooming?
Not sure, but I guess so - there is probably only one way to implement it. Normally the lens(es) are moved while zooming, but parfocals must also compensate for the focus change by moving a lens closer or further away from another lens (or from the sensor). Not that I know much about optics, so this is purely guessing.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
future, lenses, line, nx, ois, pentax news, pentax rumors, samsung, samsung nx, system
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Samsung Ad shiner General Talk 3 03-20-2010 02:07 AM
Size of Samsung NX-10 compared to Pentax K20D, Samsung GX-20 Clone Samsungian Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 11 01-21-2010 12:26 PM
Samsung Techwin's camera biz is now Samsung Digital Imaging and its NX plans. samsung Pentax News and Rumors 3 03-13-2009 08:42 PM
Samsung RAW Converter (SilkyPix) confines to Samsung DNG only dancheng Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 0 04-27-2008 06:03 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:06 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top