Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2007, 07:22 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Well, if that was the rebate they had going for the K10D, then I don't feel so bad about my choice to buy a Samsung GX-10 this week. The rebate would not have made a huge price difference anyhow, and I get the same camera with a 4-year warranty and a much more readable menu. However a nice rebate on the 43mm limited would be a nice addition... might have to take a good look at that.

Anyhow, this is my first post, and certainly not my last.

Cheers!

10-18-2007, 10:52 AM   #17
Veteran Member

I posted this over in the dSLR forum, but hope this is helpful here too -

Details of the this current rebate - started today - Oct/18 and valid until Jan/31/2008 -

cropped from Download "BRIGHTEN YOUR HOLIDAYS DSLR" Rebate Coupon

Notice that there is no rebate for the K100D (non-Super),
and the rebate ($25) for the excellent DA 50-200mm Zoom has to be purchased at the same time as the K10D kit or K100D Super kit

Last edited by UnknownVT; 10-18-2007 at 10:03 PM. Reason: correction re: no body only rebate
10-18-2007, 11:20 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Why do they insult us with rebates ,
why not just reduce the price by $100 ??

Rebates are a "Insult" to our intelligence , but , we are soooo programmed to think it's a good deal , they win , we do not
10-18-2007, 11:41 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jesus Quote
Why do they insult us with rebates ,
why not just reduce the price by $100 ??

Rebates are a "Insult" to our intelligence , but , we are soooo programmed to think it's a good deal , they win , we do not
if one understands how the rebate business works....

USA does a lot of business by rebates - they're banking the money first, and working on drop outs in rebate claims - many mess up their rebates so get disqualified, not bother, or forget to do the rebate.

Some seem to even take the tactic of only honoring/sending rebates for people who persist/chase them (note: I am not saying Pentax is one of these)

10-18-2007, 12:39 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
I wanted the 540 flash and the DFA 100mm... On the last rebate promo I would have saved 150 buckaroos, but alas the cash was not in the hand at the time. Now the dough is ready to go and looks like the Tamron 90mm macro with the 90 dollar rebate may be the choice.

Thanks pentax...

Although that 43ltd is callin' me-----------

-gus-
Tell me about it. I was waiting for the rebate to come back on the 50mm 1.4 and 50-200mm again. It's usually on every rebate. The 31 1.8 would be nice.
10-19-2007, 02:21 PM   #21
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by UnknownVT Quote
if one understands how the rebate business works....

USA does a lot of business by rebates - they're banking the money first, and working on drop outs in rebate claims - many mess up their rebates so get disqualified, not bother, or forget to do the rebate.

Some seem to even take the tactic of only honoring/sending rebates for people who persist/chase them (note: I am not saying Pentax is one of these)

I understand all this , that's why I call it a "insult"
10-19-2007, 02:51 PM   #22

Photos: Gallery
would anyone be interested in a "group buy" to get these lenses at a better price?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographers-marketplace/13540-pentax-rebates-back.html

i was told the 18-250mm should begin shipping in november.