Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2007, 09:51 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax Days! Come join us and meet Pentax!

Hey everyone! I'm going to announce this first here because Pentax Forums has always been good to me in so many ways and you all deserve to be in the know before anyone else.

Starting November 30th and ending at around 5pm on December 1st we here at Camera Craft inc. in Rockford Illinois will be having a tremendous Pentax event. We will have a couple people from Pentax here for you to talk to, great Pentax specials and of course the largest selection of Pentax equipment you've ever encountered for the weekend.

The event begins Friday November 30th at 10am and will end on Saturday December 1st at around 5pm. We should have some great deals that just can't be passed up especially with the selection of goodies you will have to choose from including the ever rare Pentax Sling Bags! Two of us will be hosting lessons on using your K10D and various lenses and hopefully have a long question and answer period with the guys from Pentax. They will hopefully divulge a little information for us all at this event because it doesn't seem to take much to get them excited about Pentax and tell everyone a little bit of tasty information so it may be worth your while to pry their brains.

If you're interested in attending please let me know and I'll try and get a list of names of people from the forums here that way I send some extra attention your way while you're here.

As more information is released about the event I'll post it here to keep everyone informed. Thanks for looking at this thread and we hope to meet many of you at our humble camera store.

Address:
Camera Craft Inc.
1643 N. Alpine Road
Rockford, Illinois 61107

You can check out our website at Camera Craft - Rockford

Last edited by Buddha Jones; 11-19-2007 at 08:44 PM.
10-17-2007, 10:03 AM   #2
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Hey everyone! I'm going to announce this first here because Pentax Forums has always been good to me in so many ways and you all deserve to be in the know before anyone else.

Starting October 30th and ending at around 5pm on November 1st we here at Camera Craft inc. in Rockford Illinois will be having a tremendous Pentax event. We will have a couple people from Pentax here for you to talk to, great Pentax specials and of course the largest selection of Pentax equipment you've ever encountered for the weekend.

The event begins Friday October 30th at 10am and will end on Saturday November 1st at around 5pm. We should have some great deals that just can't be passed up especially with the selection of goodies you will have to choose from including the ever rare Pentax Sling Bags! Two of us will be hosting lessons on using your K10D and various lenses and hopefully have a long question and answer period with the guys from Pentax. They will hopefully divulge a little information for us all at this event because it doesn't seem to take much to get them excited about Pentax and tell everyone a little bit of tasty information so it may be worth your while to pry their brains.

If you're interested in attending please let me know and I'll try and get a list of names of people from the forums here that way I send some extra attention your way while you're here.

As more information is released about the event I'll post it here to keep everyone informed. Thanks for looking at this thread and we hope to meet many of you at our humble camera store.

Address:
Camera Craft Inc.
1643 N. Alpine Road
Rockford, Illinois 61107

You can check out our website at Camera Craft - Rockford
Tempting, let us see if I persuade Miss Gruoso.
10-17-2007, 11:06 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Sounds great, I think my wife and I will come except one thing. October 30th is a Tuesday. So whats the deal? Thanks.
10-17-2007, 11:09 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by layoutworx Quote
Sounds great, I think my wife and I will come except one thing. October 30th is a Tuesday. So whats the deal? Thanks.
That, and unless I'm mistaken there should be an October 31st between "Friday October 30 and Saturday November 1st".

10-17-2007, 12:03 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Whoops, my brain was elsewhere when typing this up because it's actually November 30th and December 1st. THanks for spotting my error guys, thats why I love this forum, always quick to catch things.
10-17-2007, 12:15 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Whoops, my brain was elsewhere when typing this up because it's actually November 30th and December 1st. THanks for spotting my error guys, thats why I love this forum, always quick to catch things.
Human nature to spot the errors I guess, rather than praise the triumphs.

Wish I lived closer as I'd love to attend, but too far from Florida for me to make it. Sounds like a good event.
10-17-2007, 03:12 PM   #7

Count me in - I live about an hour north of Rockford. Definately interested.

Thanks!

10-17-2007, 03:29 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I wanna go but its too far for me
10-17-2007, 04:31 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Even further for me!
10-17-2007, 06:15 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Someone should film the q&a with the pentax guys and post it here.
10-17-2007, 07:20 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tyler Quote
Someone should film the q&a with the pentax guys and post it here.
Good idea Tyler, but I'm not sure if we have anyone to tape it. I'm going to be busy selling and giving lessons and so will the other main employee so between us the other employees will be working the photo lab and general sales counter.

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Even further for me!
Aww, man we need teleporters like yesterday!

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Hyde Quote
I wanna go but its too far for me
Try and set something up at a local camera store that sells Pentax. It's what we did and Pentax is usually more than happy to come by and talk shop and give great deals to the store.

QuoteOriginally posted by camperguy01 Quote
Count me in - I live about an hour north of Rockford. Definately interested.

Thanks!
Awesome, we'd be glad to have you come!

QuoteOriginally posted by txbonds Quote
Human nature to spot the errors I guess, rather than praise the triumphs.

Wish I lived closer as I'd love to attend, but too far from Florida for me to make it. Sounds like a good event.
Try hitting up the local camera stores and see if they will try the same thing.
10-17-2007, 07:22 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by layoutworx Quote
It's November 30th and December 1st. We'd be happy to have you and bring the whole fam if you'd like.
10-17-2007, 07:46 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If I was closer, I'd be there in a heartbeat, and bring my lovely little FA* family too...

Well, things can change, you never know...
10-17-2007, 08:07 PM   #14
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I guess i have to make it to that one
11-01-2007, 07:12 AM   #15

I'm in the Chicago 'burbs. i'll have to come out for this event. Please let us know if there is a schedule of events...or when the prying will take place! :-)