Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
03-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #31
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
I am a Mac user and I never encountered this problem that you describe.
When I unzipped the file it was in all caps and I didn't need to change anything.
OK, glad to hear you didn't have any problems installing the firmware with the filename in caps.

The error I encountered was not on the Mac, it was on the K5, which was not connected to the Mac at any time. I used the MacbookPro's built-in SDHC slot to write the unzipped binary file to the SD, then moved the SD card into the K5 for the update. When I held down the Menu button and turned on the K5, it said "There is a problem reading the Update file," or something similar. When I moved the SD back to the Mac, renamed the filename to lowercase, then moved the SD back to the K5, it worked perfectly.

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
He probably got his mac configured with case sensitive file system which creates a lot of problems including incompatibilities with Adobe softs (PS included).
To repeat: the error was not in the Mac, it was in the K5.

This is going off-topic. I need to investigate to figure out exactly what the cause was. Will post an explanation if I discover anything relevant to this thread.