Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
03-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I contacted him about doing a review on it for my review channel, as of now he declined. We shall see if he changes his mind.... I think it would be a good marketing move for him if this is as great accessory as he says.

03-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #17

Original Poster

This is what I was talking about. It flips up out of the way when not resting on a surface.
03-11-2011, 11:22 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mtroute Quote
Winning!
Haha!

QuoteOriginally posted by k10dbook Quote
Adam, as administrator and webmaster of this site, I never would have thought you would make such comment. Shame on you. Success comes and success goes. If you get too big for your britches, you success might be taken away from you. As the head of PentaxForums.com, you should be neutral.

I'm sorry to realise that you are judgemental. And to think that I even am your site supporter.
Uh, I see nothing wrong with his post. He has as much right to say what he wants as everyone else. This thing was hyped to death and it turns out to be a bracket. While I see the usefulness in custom brackets, I don't see how this was even considered revolutionary.
03-11-2011, 11:51 PM   #19

Only thing I can say about this product is *yawn*

03-12-2011, 12:34 AM   #20

All the "buzz" made on topics related to the "great discovery" reminded me of dodo birds in Ice Age cartoon. For sure i won't buy whatever-that-is, but there was a decent marketing effort, i can give credit to that at least
03-12-2011, 05:39 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry Yvon, I do not wish to be rude and I know you have put a lot of work and effort into this fine looking "something" but I reckon it is about as useful as a hairdryer for a bald person.

Greetings
03-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It does appear to solid and well-made.
With a heavier lens such as the DA*16-50 or 50-135 it might be a useful thing to have.

03-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by qtopplings Quote
This is what I was talking about. It flips up out of the way when not resting on a surface.
I just watched the demo for these. It looks like they're pentaxians
03-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Maybe it's me, but $150 sounds really expensive to me.
03-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #25
Veteran Member

My current solution has just been to ruthlessly abuse my lens hoods and scratch the shit out of the bottom of my cameras. But even though I'm about to spend more than $150 replacing all the lens hoods that I've broken, I still don't see that as anything I would ever use. I"m sure it would be useful to some. But for me, even leaving a manfrotto baseplate on my camera bothers me. When it's around my neck, I hate feeling it dig into my chest, or the way it feels in my hand when I shoot verticals. Having something that large on the bottom of my camera would drive me absolutely bonkers.
03-12-2011, 09:09 PM - 1 Like   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks to everyone that looked at this post and for your comments (good ot bad). Thousands of you also visited my blogsite and I received hundreds of positive emails. There were some negative comments here and there, but that's always to be expected. All and all, I already have a list of people that understand the necessity and use of this DSLR Stabilizer and are awaiting the start of shipments. I have been publishing my e-books for four years now, and although many have criticized the e-books, thousands of Pentax users have purchased one for their Pentax DSLR model.

We will be reviewing the pricing of the DSLR Stabilizer and might be able to reduce the targeted price. A series of additional modular equipment will be introduced, especially for video filming, at a price much more affordable than what's available on the market today.

I will also release an aluminum, CNC machined, updated version of my front/back focusing charts that has been downloaded tens of thousand times for free on my blogsite. The free charts will still be available for the download as well.

One more note:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

Theodore Roosevelt

Best Regards my Pentax friends,
Yvon Bourque

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/133258-pentax-will-fir...#ixzz1GRusVAAt
03-12-2011, 10:09 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Arbalist Quote
It's not a bad idea and I'm sure it will work for some folks if they don't mind the price.
Price is high but it looks well made with the recessed bolt and all. I'm not sure about the little legs, however. A base of all rubber may have just been better.

The real market for something like this might be FF and MF cameras, frankly, not so much for the physically longer lenses, but just because the weight of the front elements upsets even wide-angle lenses.
03-13-2011, 05:16 AM   #28

QuoteOriginally posted by k10dbook Quote
One more note:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

Theodore Roosevelt
First of all congrats on the launch of the product! You did a really good job on the marketing aspect!

But just don't do this....defending yourself by referring to this text...

Just accept that some people don't like the product. Yes it is very easy for people standing on the sideline to give comments and be negative. However, chances are that their view is much more honest and realistic compared to that of the creator. If a food manufacturer makes a new brand of chips with an absolutely horrific taste, do they then deserve credits for trying? No. Now I'm not saying that your product is horrific or bad . But just be happy with the few people that are actually interested in the product that, lets be honest, isn't really that renewing and already exists in several forms (even from manfrotto).

In my opinion, that man standing in the arena shouldn't be complaining if he gets critique and shouldn't be trying to defend himself by saying 'you don't dare to stand here and take my place'. In product design the user (audience) is always right, the designer/manufacturer (man in arena) has to prove himself. Thinking you now best what the user wants is a classic design mistake. Just standing in that arena (launching a product) doesn't do it.

Sometimes the response might not be what you hoped and expected. But just take it as feedback and use it to improve yourself, don't turn to defense. You don't need to defend yourself!

I would like to wish you good luck with the sales and possible future products!!

Last edited by youyou; 03-13-2011 at 06:06 AM. Reason: wrong language translation
03-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #29

$150? I'll wait till our Chinese friends copy that thing and put it to gadgetinfinity for $11.99 Then we can buy it to play with it
03-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by qtopplings Quote

Yes, I do like the b-grip, it doesn't have the built-in hand strap of course, but is useful in other ways. It took me a while until I realised it had that flip-out stabiliser.
Closed Thread