Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2007, 06:34 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
IMO they won't commit the same mistake as Nikon. That really would not be at all in Pentax line of compatibility. Why make DA* with dual AF and do this just after. Makes no sense.
I think it's inevitable that they'll go this route. However, I don't think it'll happen for a long time -- not until SDM becomes standard in the lens lineup, and even then, it'll be gone from the entry level model first.

10-26-2007, 07:12 AM   #17
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I hope they won't drop the in body AF motor, wouldn't be wise with only 16-50 and 50-135 lenses out...
anyway my guess:
K200D
10 mpx ISO 100 - 3200
bigger buffer, faster writing speeds
SR, SDM
3in LCD, live view, top plate lcd,
pentamirror VF
AA batteries

K20D
12-15 mpx ISO50/64 - 3200/6400
5 fps
SR, SDM, weather sealing,
tilt and shift LCD with AF live view, iluminated top plate LCD
pentaprism VF
optional battery grip
new and faster AF motor, maybe more AF points, better AFC

pro - 645D
with all that has been written/expected from it
10-26-2007, 08:13 AM   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
IMO they won't commit the same mistake as Nikon. That really would not be at all in Pentax line of compatibility. Why make DA* with dual AF and do this just after. Makes no sense.
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
A camera that can autofocus with only 2 lenses - that's a good ideea. Not.
I agree with both of you... Reverse compatibility with older lenses is a major feature for Pentax.

However, Nikon tried it with the D40x.

Today, there are two SDM lenses (more or less) available, the 50-135mm (excellent) and the 16-50mm, and the lens roadmap shows more SDM lenses to come: 60-250mm, 55mm, 200mm, 300mm.

So, in a near future, we could imagine a first range SDM-only and another range fully compatible with previous lenses.

Only speculations
10-26-2007, 09:42 AM   #19
Pentaxian

It's not about reverse compatibility nor older lenses, it's about incompatibility with most of the current/new lenses, including our beloved Limiteds
First, we should see a lot of SDM lenses, including kit zooms. Only after that we can talk about a Pentax entry-level camera without AF motor, however I don't think many pentaxians will be happy about that. Pentax is not Nikon