Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-30-2007, 05:00 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax have a marketing department! No, really!

Sorry if this is already known or has been posted, but this made me smile...
Pentax Press Release: "Pentax Bobcar Mobile Showrooms Scoot Around Manhattan"

Neat idea, don't think I've seen this before... though I can't help thinking some of those cars are going to get robbed

Anyway... Is this further evidence that Pentax do actually pay people to think about advertising their products?

10-30-2007, 01:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Pentax Bobcar

Cool little vehicle!

Pentax ought to expand it outside of New York. I have talked to a couple of camera stores here in Cleveland and they tell me that they're lucky if the Pentax rep stops by once ever six months. They literally never see him.

Between that and Pentax apparent lack of interest in advertising, they don't stock much in the way of Pentax equipment.

Paul Noble
10-30-2007, 02:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I saw one of these outside the PDN Photo Expo a few weeks ago. It was pouring rain. They had K10D's with DA* lenses, their waterproof PS camera and some waterproof binoculars out for anyone to test and play with. I was impressed that they had it all out in the rain but it was raining too hard for me to really want to spend time playing with a camera. They did get the "waterproof" message across pretty well.
11-15-2007, 02:58 PM   #4

The Pentax brand carries almost no meaning to VAST majority in the US... its become one of the random brands from the past...like Packard-Bell, or what ever the name of the brand of electronics Radio Shack used to sell -- its pathetic.

The website is barely up to date... check out the Lens Compatibility Chart on the site

Pentax Imaging - Lens Compatability Chart

It doesn't even include ANY of the DSLR in the current product line... what a joke.... what kind of image does that portray?

Seriously, Pentax needs to get its marketing act together.

11-15-2007, 06:57 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sponge Worthy Quote
The Pentax brand carries almost no meaning to VAST majority in the US... its become one of the random brands from the past...like Packard-Bell, or what ever the name of the brand of electronics Radio Shack used to sell -- its pathetic.

The website is barely up to date... check out the Lens Compatibility Chart on the site

Pentax Imaging - Lens Compatability Chart

It doesn't even include ANY of the DSLR in the current product line... what a joke.... what kind of image does that portray?

Seriously, Pentax needs to get its marketing act together.
That is rather depressing isn't it? I wonder why they don't update it, how hard can it be?
11-16-2007, 06:15 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by KFrog Quote
That is rather depressing isn't it? I wonder why they don't update it, how hard can it be?
I dunno, but hopefully Hoya will clean house in the marketing dept... Pentax engineering is first rate, their marketing is the weak link...

The fact that their marcom team can't even keep the website up-to-date with respect to the current product line speaks volumes of the dismal state of the Pentax brand.