Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
04-20-2011, 08:59 PM   #46
Veteran Member

What a camera looks like is irrelevant when it WON'T FOCUS INDOORS.

Seriously, Pentax. This obviously means you're back from your earthquake hiatus. Get off your ass and give us K-r 1.02.

04-20-2011, 10:07 PM   #47

Photos: Albums
i was thinking i'd like to see what a McDonalds Kr would look like and was thinking about photoshop.. but then a search turned up this..

these guys would definitely buy it.
04-20-2011, 10:19 PM   #48

Love it.

Lighten up people.

I love both the Black and White Camo and Marble. The Blue Marble ain't bad either. I think perhaps Pentax is trying to entice a younger crowd into the DSLR experience.

That is not a bad idea. I personally applaud it....youth is where the innovation and fresh ideas come from. Quite frankly...as an old person, I need that.

Good job Pentax.
04-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by SMPhoto Quote
I vote to weather-seal the K-r Black Khaki/Camo model and give it to wartime journalistic photographers.
YES - and this color is also my favorite.

04-21-2011, 03:56 AM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kmerza Quote
Lighten up people.

I love both the Black and White Camo and Marble. The Blue Marble ain't bad either. I think perhaps Pentax is trying to entice a younger crowd into the DSLR experience.

That is not a bad idea. I personally applaud it....youth is where the innovation and fresh ideas come from. Quite frankly...as an old person, I need that.

Good job Pentax.
+1 and I'm also on the + side of 60. Lighten up people!

NaCl(black is boring)H2O
04-21-2011, 04:44 AM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can get your camera in any color as long as its black

Back in 1929 you could only get black cars. I wonder how many of the ppl that think that colored cameras are terrible would have gotten a black car when they first appeared in other colors.

NaCl(it's not a black and white world anymore)H2O
04-21-2011, 05:23 AM   #52

QuoteOriginally posted by lavascript Quote

Seriously, Pentax. This obviously means you're back from your earthquake hiatus. Get off your ass and give us K-r 1.02.
I agree. Where's the fix Pentax? It's "nice" to have all kinds of colors and stuff, but there are more important things still to be done.

04-21-2011, 05:35 AM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I can think of several words to describe them. "Cool" isn't one of them.
I can't believe this is helping Pentax position itself as a Pro/Serious enthusiast level camera.
I don't see how it would do any harm in that regard
04-21-2011, 05:41 AM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lavascript Quote
I have a K-x that I've shot over 20,000 pictures with over the last year, most of them indoors, and I've never noticed this problem. Is this something specific to the K-r?
04-21-2011, 06:35 AM   #55
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
I have a K-x that I've shot over 20,000 pictures with over the last year, most of them indoors, and I've never noticed this problem. Is this something specific to the K-r?
yes it is
04-21-2011, 07:15 AM   #56
Veteran Member

It's also hyperbole.

The K-r focuses fine indoors in most conditions. (Which is not to say it doesn't need to be fixed for the other conditions.)
04-21-2011, 08:15 AM   #57
Veteran Member

I'm over 50, white male, conservative, and I think this is a brilliant move by Pentax. Adding colors is an easy, cheap way to differentiate themselves from the pack for casual camera buyers. More sales equals better Pentax, so keep cranking them out. Same thing for the DC Comics edition of their P&S camera. Keep changing the colors, sell more of them, and use the money for R&D on new cameras and lenses.

I like the rainbow version. I'd be tempted to get one of those. Maybe in a couple of years, I'll buy my daughter one. Personally, I think the camo versions are pretty ugly, but then I'm not the target audience. I do think they could make a camo version weather sealed, and sell it in conjunction with Bass Pro Shop, or other outdoor stores. They are already touring around REI stores with their new Optio water resistant camera.
04-21-2011, 09:12 AM   #58
Veteran Member

I don't really think it would be that easy for Pentax to do what they are doing with such a wide variety of combinations just for the logistics involved. They are probably really streamlining their production facilities with these pseudo-custom models. I'd say it is good for the company and they are improving their ability to be flexible and lean in a production sense.
04-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #59

I like the Camouflage (khaki green) and the Camouflage (Black Khaki). That would be a great look on a K-5 for stalking.

When I bought my 17 year old daughter a Pentax K-x I gave her the choice of red, white, blue and black. Without hesitation she chose the red one. After the purchase, Pentax came out with more colors. She said she wished she had waited to get...yes.. a pink one. She takes photography seriously but I know she would jump on the multicolored cameras. However the next camera she gets she has to pay for herself.
04-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #60

Oh yea, I like black too.