Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
04-24-2011, 09:16 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
Geez guys dont get too excited its obviously a new line of microfiber lens cleaning cloths! As can be seen, plain as day.
Of course, we didn't wanted to see the obvious, and just dream about a new mirrorless or FF camera.

Thanks for pointing it out. Thread closed!

04-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Geez guys dont get too excited its obviously a new line of microfiber lens cleaning cloths! As can be seen, plain as day.
HAHAHAHAA!
Of course... I should have known.
04-24-2011, 11:01 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ukwoody Quote
I want a K5 at Kr weight and size with a very fast AF. I think a lot of people waould want the same.
Count me in. K-5 feature set with more sophisticated AF and an even smaller (but still just as rugged / sealed / coldproof) body sounds ideal. So long as they can keep the ergo up to K-5 standards, anyway... K-r body is perhaps starting to get a bit small to fit the K-5's controls onto.
04-24-2011, 11:17 PM   #34
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by hcarvalhoalves Quote
Looks too huge to be a mirrorless.
How the heck are you getting any kind of scale from that picture?

04-24-2011, 11:36 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vincechu Quote
Any Chinese forum members able to read whats on the sign next to the covered camera?
I'm not Chinese, and don't speak it to any significant degree, but I can fumble my way through identifying characters enough to figure out it's not going to tell you anything.

The characters are, I believe, 新品待發佈.

Google says that translates as "new to be released". I'd say that's a reasonably fair translation. Very roughly translated through another site I use, I believe the characters literally translate *something* like "new product await become announce"
04-25-2011, 01:13 AM   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by knoxploration Quote
Count me in. K-5 feature set with more sophisticated AF and an even smaller (but still just as rugged / sealed / coldproof) body sounds ideal. So long as they can keep the ergo up to K-5 standards, anyway... K-r body is perhaps starting to get a bit small to fit the K-5's controls onto.
'course, I should also have added "at Kr prices", LOL

woody
04-25-2011, 02:51 AM   #37
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Hound Tooth Quote
How the heck are you getting any kind of scale from that picture?
While the scale is hard to get (might be possible to get with somekind of bad accuracy by making some measurements and estimates of the reflections (which are quite clear if one pushes the original image) and then some calculations...)

However, one can get idea of the general shape of the product. Most of the cloth is laying on a flat surface etc. The camera itself is on a small podium also, that is clear from the shapes of the cloth. Also I am certain that the camera is quite tall for it's width, though rectangluar, and also the toy seems to be quite thin in structure with no significant grip.

My educated guess: a mirrorless camera with an electric viewfinder (to make the product more a tool and less similar to the competition) on top corner and with an APS-C sensor (the tiny sensor some believe in is just ridicilously silly idea) and an image stabilizer (the small Pentax brand can't afford to lose this speacial feature), and hopefully environmental protection. This with a pancake lens and I'd buy withoiut a second though.

04-25-2011, 03:58 AM - 1 Like   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
In the chinese website, there's a photo that says the k-5 if for the "pround photographer"... Unfortunately, I'm not pround enough to be a k-5. Hope the new camera fits me...
04-25-2011, 05:24 AM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
Perhaps not majority, but a fairly good margin. A recent poll on this forum (albeit not statistically stringent) showed that about 40% of this forum's userbase wants FF: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/117723-what-do-we-realy-want.html

I do appreciate the medium format option, but to me that does not replace full frame. All of my photographic friends (being only 4 or 5 mind you) chose Nikon/Canon mostly so that they had an upgrade path to full-frame. Will they ever get there? Maybe or maybe not, but that's besides the point. They still locked onto Nikon/Canon because they had that upgrade path if they wanted it. There's something inviting in knowing that a manufacturer can meet long-term goals/dreams. While I doubt this attitude is a correct approach to buying photographic equipment, I cannot deny it's existence and strong influence. For Pentax, switching to the 645D requires a whole different set of lenses, thus acting more like a system swap than the more desirable upgrade path. Hence, in my opinion, having a full-frame option would bring quite a surge in the sale of entry and pro-level APS-C cameras, on top of satisfying ~40% of the existing fan base on this forum. Perhaps they would lose money on the initial FF camera, but the rise in overall sales and users would more than compensate in the long term.

Just my 2 cents.

Would I ever buy a Pentax FF? you bet!
It has been a long time since Pentax produced a full line of full frame lenses. This means that for a lot of users buying into a new FF Pentax camera system would be the same as buying into anyother brand's full frame system or Pentax MF system. Then again I guess I could use my DA* and DA Limited lenses in cropped mode on FF Pentax.
04-25-2011, 05:53 AM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveBlack Quote
It has been a long time since Pentax produced a full line of full frame lenses. This means that for a lot of users buying into a new FF Pentax camera system would be the same as buying into anyother brand's full frame system or Pentax MF system. Then again I guess I could use my DA* and DA Limited lenses in cropped mode on FF Pentax.
Some of us still have them from the film days, but there is a lot of truth to what you say. The availibility is still there however, and for the most part, at a very attractive price compared to new Canon or Nikkor glass. Backwards compatibility has always been a selling point of the Pentax brand, plus is just fun to mount an old lens on a state-of-the-art body. Why not use this inherent strength to the advantage of a new FF launch? I know when I chose to make the switch to digital, that's what kept me with the brand. It was a much less painful transition, and I was able to build up my APS-C lenses slowly rather than all at once.

Last edited by maxfield_photo; 04-25-2011 at 01:42 PM.
04-25-2011, 06:50 AM   #41

Best of both worlds. It's a mirrorless FF.
04-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #42
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hcarvalhoalves Quote
Of course, we didn't wanted to see the obvious, and just dream about a new mirrorless or FF camera.

Thanks for pointing it out. Thread closed!
LOL for sure. What's most intriguing is that the microfiber lens cleaning cloth is compatible with full-frame lenses, which can mean only one thing - a line of full-frame compatible accessories! Lens caps, body caps, straps, t-shirts, etc... - all full-frame compatible!
04-25-2011, 11:18 AM   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe a 110D???
04-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by maxfield_photo Quote
Some of us still have them from the film days, but there is a lot of truth to what you say. The availibility is still there however, and for the most part, at a very attractive price compared to new Canon or Nikkor glass. Backwards compatibility has always been a selling point of the Pentax brand, plus is just fun to mount an old lens on a state-of-the-art body. Why not use this inherent strength to the advantage of a new FF launch? I know when I chose to make the switch to digital, that's what kept me with the brand. It was a much less painful transition, and I was able to build up my APS-C lenses slowly rather than all at once.

It would be nice to have some old FA* lenses (I already own the FA Ltds) and use these lenses on a FF camera. I am sure some of these old lenses will not be "good enough" for a FF camera.

Still making a new camera for owners of old lenses don't seem to be a money making business plan.
04-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by manishved Quote
Maybe a 110D???