Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2011, 01:08 AM   #61
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Never take any words from any Pentax rep as "official".
It is NOT official until you see an official press release from Pentax.
Not many people outside Pentax Japan are fully informed about cameras in development.
I don't think so...I had all info from Russian and Chinese reps. about all cameras till K-7...
Lets call it "SEMI-official".

05-01-2011, 04:35 AM - 1 Like   #62
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
What do you think about a P&S Camera with changeable lenses and typical small sensor and later a aps-c sensor with a new evil and a new k compatible mount?
I think the first idea is crazy and the second idea is worth pursuing. Why would someone want to change lenses on a point and shoot camera, anyway?
05-01-2011, 05:16 AM   #63

What do you think about a P&S Camera with changeable lenses and typical small sensor and later a aps-c sensor with a new evil and a new k compatible mount?
A good compact is a good thing. But I see absolutely no point of making a p&s system camera. So I'm sceptical.

A compact K-mount EVIL on the other hand, could be a good thing. If they comes up with a good compatibility solution. Personally I would probably consider it as a possible backup camera.
05-01-2011, 06:13 AM   #64
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think the first idea is crazy and the second idea is worth pursuing. Why would someone want to change lenses on a point and shoot camera, anyway?
I agree, I have zero interest in a TSMILC "tiny sensor mirrorless interchangeable lens camera".

If the APS-C MILC has decent AF, a serviceable viewfinder and a K-5 sensor, it will replace my K-x. I'll keep my K20D.

05-01-2011, 07:02 AM   #65
wll
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote

If the APS-C MILC has decent AF, a serviceable viewfinder and a K-5 sensor, it will replace my K-x. I'll keep my K20D.
I might add I would love to see a articulating screen, as I'm sure Pentax has not been asleep at the wheel and knows this camera must have top notch video if it is to succeed. On video an articulating LCD is a must !

I would use it 95% of the time for stills, but with an articulating screen it would make studio/architecture/art stuff LOTS easier. For some reason viewing on a monitor give me a different mind set. I can't begin to tell you the number of times I've peered through a viewfinder, thought I had a great composition and when I get home and view it, I'm under-impressed. Don't know what it is ? That same thing does not happen when using a screen away from my eye ?

wll
05-01-2011, 07:25 AM - 1 Like   #66
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I don't think so...I had all info from Russian and Chinese reps. about all cameras till K-7...
Lets call it "SEMI-official".
Said another way, Ogl, leaks slowed or stopped with the Hoya acquisition?

Others have written that Hoya is more tightly run that Pentax and that they (Hoya) have brought Pentax in line.

Sound right?
05-01-2011, 08:00 AM   #67
Pentaxian

I agree, I have zero interest in a TSMILC "tiny sensor mirrorless interchangeable lens camera".

The TSMILC may have a good run in the gadget market, at least in Japan and similar markets. I have this vision of a camera small enough to fit in a belt pouch (not pocket) - a pouch that has a second, smaller section for one alternate lens.

I'm using a Panasonic ZS-7/TZ-10 in a belt pouch, occasionally a shirt or jacket pocket. The image stabilization is superb and the 25-300mm range is ideal for a travel zoom. But we sacrifice aperture and high-ISO performance, limiting indoor use. Other compacts offer better aperture/sensor but max out at 85-140mm.

A compact with two lenses would work when the DSLR (K-5/K-x) is just too much.

But creating a new lens system for it appears to be so expensive that the niche would not be big enough to support the investment - particularly if Japan is entering a period of greater austerity. The governor of the Bank of Japan, Masaaki Shirakawa, yesterday described the outlook for the Japanese economy as "very severe".

And re-use of K mount glass gives us a system that's still very large.

So we end up with a very interesting system doesn't seem to have a good financial basis. And very little appeal to PF members.

Last edited by glanglois; 05-07-2011 at 12:00 PM.
05-01-2011, 08:01 AM   #68
Veteran Member

The APS-C version would interest me, especially if mount adaptors are available (read: M-mount.)

05-01-2011, 08:15 AM   #69
Veteran Member

The later sound the most interesting (to me)
05-01-2011, 09:45 AM   #70

If the APS-C MILC has decent AF, a serviceable viewfinder and a K-5 sensor, .
Yep would absolutely love that

woody
05-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
The governor of the Bank of Japan, Masaaki Shirakawa, yesterday described the outlook for the Japanese economy was "very severe".
You know it's bad when a central banker starts muttering the truth.

The general discussion of the TSMILC sounds like the camera that Kenko announced. I can't see why Pentax should go that route. Let's hope they surprise us.
05-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #72
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
You know it's bad when a central banker starts muttering the truth.

The general discussion of the TSMILC sounds like the camera that Kenko announced. I can't see why Pentax should go that route. Let's hope they surprise us.
The only reason that I can think of is that they have become over-enamored with small sized items.
05-01-2011, 08:48 PM   #73
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
The only reason that I can think of is that they have become over-enamored with small sized items.
Maybe there's some reluctance to take on the big guys in the market once you've gotten so small after once leading. Of course, with the situation being what it is right now in Japan, it might well be that a lot of plans for new products get scrapped this year, period. Hmm, if they're enamored with "small", perhaps Pentax could aim for a digital version of the Minolta TC-1! 8^P
05-01-2011, 11:15 PM   #74
ogl
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
Said another way, Ogl, leaks slowed or stopped with the Hoya acquisition?

Others have written that Hoya is more tightly run that Pentax and that they (Hoya) have brought Pentax in line.

Sound right?
To say honest, I lost any interest to new Pentax cameras...And my friends went of photo bussiness...
05-02-2011, 03:34 AM   #75
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
To say honest, I lost any interest to new Pentax cameras...And my friends went of photo bussiness...