Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2011, 12:27 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
Think ANY event where 100s of images have to be cropped, PP'd in second and sent off around the world instantaneously ! I've watched the sports shooters in the media tent at numerous sports events here - all are shooting jpgs.
And they would have to rely on auto-WB? To me, sport event are usually done in a quite consistent light, either natural of artificial.

05-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
Think ANY event where 100s of images have to be cropped, PP'd in second and sent off around the world instantaneously ! I've watched the sports shooters in the media tent at numerous sports events here - all are shooting jpgs.
Very true. Pic related. I don't think this guy is going to be spending too much time RAW developing and PPing his stuff before sending it upstream.

05-06-2011, 09:31 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Finally, it makes sense why Canon makes their pro cameras and their pro lenses so darn big--so they can do double duty as a table!