Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
05-04-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax mirrorless camera revealed in leaked photo?

"A leaked photo appears to show a Pentax mirrorless camera – the Pentax NC-1 – and two lenses, according to a new report.

Sources have given the Mirrorless Rumors website images of the Pentax NC-1 mirrorless system camera, along with pictures of 8.5mm f/1.9 and 5-15mm f/2.8-4.5 lenses.

Mirrorless Rumors claims the Pentax NC-1 specs will boast a 14-megapixel 5.6x crop sensor and HD video recording."

Read more: Pentax NC-1 spotted in leaked photo | News | TechRadar UK

Pentax mirrorless camera revealed in leaked photo | News | PhotoRadar

Thought some of you might be interested.

** Please delete if this is not real ***

Lee

05-04-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Old. Sorry.

Dunno if this was already posted in its own dedicated thread, but no matter.

Also, apparently some Pentax reps have said those are old mockups or something - but they could be lying or something.
05-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

My thought is: Pentax will introduce a "Mirror-less" camera if there is a potential demand. Business says: If there is money to be made by doing this, "Let's do it"!
05-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
Forum Member

What would be the point of a 5.6x crop sensor? I don't know the math but, it doesn't seem like that sensor would be much bigger than the sensors in a point and shoot camera.

05-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sweetpapa Quote
What would be the point of a 5.6x crop sensor? I don't know the math but, it doesn't seem like that sensor would be much bigger than the sensors in a point and shoot camera.
It wouldn't be any bigger, or better. All it will be is a camera with interchangeable lenses and crappy IQ. I know it will be small, but there is a point of diminishing returns.
05-05-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jimH Quote
My thought is: Pentax will introduce a "Mirror-less" camera if there is a potential demand. Business says: If there is money to be made by doing this, "Let's do it"!
We may amend this: "If there's more money to be made by doing this rather than something else, let's do it." Lots of profitable ideas are set aside because something else produces similar profits faster, easier, at less risk, with less investment, is better aligned with strategic direction, etc.

So customers are surprised when a company sells, spins off, or shuts down a profitable operation. The simple explanation is that more profit lies in another approach.

It's never simple .....
05-06-2011, 08:11 AM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by sweetpapa Quote
The point is to see how many people are gullible enough to believe in a rumour that is way, way out there outside of this world. In short, I'll eat my pants if Penax comes out with such camera

05-06-2011, 08:37 AM   #8
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Pompous Moronox Quote
The point is to see how many people are gullible enough to believe in a rumour that is way, way out there outside of this world. In short, I'll eat my pants if Penax comes out with such camera
what kind of pants? Could you post a picture of your pants?
05-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
what kind of pants? Could you post a picture of your pants?
I'm guessing they are maroon or brown bell bottoms with a very large percentage of polyester!
05-06-2011, 01:16 PM   #10
wll
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stanleyk Quote
I'm guessing they are maroon or brown bell bottoms with a very large percentage of polyester!

LMAO >>LOL >>>LOL

wll
05-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #11
axl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pompous Moronox Quote
when doing so, could you post the video here or u tube?
I wouldn't choose jeans
05-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Well this seems to have gone under the radar

Official: Pentax to release two EVIL cameras within months | News | PhotoRadar
05-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Christopher M.W.T Quote
Nope..

This entire thread is about the translated Russian site that that News post is about.
05-09-2011, 10:32 PM   #14
Inactive Account

I had a short discussion with my sources at Pentax last night, and what I was told is that they did indeed have plans for a mirrorless system, and had even made a simple prototype, but this new product range was cancelled quite early on. Instead they're pushing for two new (APS-C) DSLRs, with hopes of getting a consumer version out for christmas market and a prosumer next spring. The consumer version will use the same sensor K-5 uses, but what the prosumer will use is still open, but will almost certainly be a Sony sensor as well.

Not too interesting
05-09-2011, 11:06 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Cheap camera with a K-5 sensor? Uninteresting?

I think you and me are gonna have differing opinions on that.