Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-02-2007, 11:58 AM   #1
Veteran Member

New Voigtlander lenses for Pentax K-mount

See here: Voigtländer Nokton and Ultron for Nikon and Pentax: Digital Photography Review

What do you think?

The 58 f1.4 with 9-blades could be a fantastic portrait lens. And the 40 f2 might be a great alternative to the Pentax DA40 for those who want a pancake but don't want to sacrifice a faster aperture.

11-02-2007, 12:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow, very nice find! Glad some folks still remember the good ol' days haha. Will certainly put some pressure on the DA*55/1.4 when that comes out!
11-02-2007, 12:22 PM   #3
and
Veteran Member

WOAH! more voigtlander?! I thought cosina had to stop voigtlander because they were making carl zeiss. the 58mm looks a lot like the CZ 85. Then why stop the production of the great 125mm.... too bad these are not too interesting though. I would have liked to see something fast at other focal lengths than the 35-85 range, there are so many good lenses in that range anyway. Give us a 135mm f2 or 24mm f2 or something like that
11-02-2007, 01:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Wow, really tempting. That price seems reasonable too. I am going to fetch these two when they come out

11-02-2007, 11:36 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Wow,

given how much in love I am with my 125 (I bought two , just incase anything happens to my main one), I may have to pick up one or two of them.
11-03-2007, 03:40 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Interesting... the 40mm would be nice for my film cameras but I've never seen the need for a 40mm on digital. The 58mm I agree should be a great portrait lens, but I can't see myself getting it as long as I have the SMC-FA 50mm. Still, being a fan of Cosina-Voigtländer this is good news and hopefully a sign of more CV lenses to come.

Just one thing I find interesting though... most of the CV SLR lenses that we hear about (and most of the Cosina Zeiss lenses) are normal or tele lengths... no wide-angles. Considering the quality of their wide-angle rangefinder lenses, I would be interested in seeing what they could do with wide-angle primes for SLR systems too... especially since with wide-angles it wouldn't be as necessary to achieve accurate manual focusing through the viewfinder (for those of us who find it inconvenient using manual-focus on dSLR screens). Just a thought.
11-03-2007, 04:41 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
CZ ZK lineup has a 28/2.5 if my memory serves me well.

11-03-2007, 04:59 AM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

40 Ltd

QuoteOriginally posted by ZaphodB Quote
Interesting... the 40mm would be nice for my film cameras but I've never seen the need for a 40mm on digital. The 58mm I agree should be a great portrait lens, but I can't see myself getting it as long as I have the SMC-FA 50mm. Still, being a fan of Cosina-Voigtländer this is good news and hopefully a sign of more CV lenses to come.

Just one thing I find interesting though... most of the CV SLR lenses that we hear about (and most of the Cosina Zeiss lenses) are normal or tele lengths... no wide-angles. Considering the quality of their wide-angle rangefinder lenses, I would be interested in seeing what they could do with wide-angle primes for SLR systems too... especially since with wide-angles it wouldn't be as necessary to achieve accurate manual focusing through the viewfinder (for those of us who find it inconvenient using manual-focus on dSLR screens). Just a thought.
I have the 40 Limited and used it exclusively for my "Diva" photo shoot in Style Monte Carlo magazine. Looks very similar to the Cosina.

Ben
Attached Images

11-03-2007, 05:09 PM   #9
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ZaphodB Quote

My 43mm limited is my walk around lens. It is a great focal lenght, I find it much better than 50mm for walking around.

The CV lenses have a very nice rendering to them, and it turns out these lenses are NOT new.

The 58 is still available in AI mount with no cpu, and the 40 is still available in M42 mount. Both from cameraquest.

That being said, I have not found any reviews on them