Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 236 Likes Search this Thread
05-23-2011, 07:07 AM   #136
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
While Pentax is at it, perhaps they could reintroduce TTL support?
No need really if P-TTL was accurate. I use A mode on my Metz and it is significantly better than P-TTL.

Shutter speed length. My E-pl1 does out to 60 seconds - how about programmable length >30 seconds, with adjustable delay?
Why not use Bulb?

Flash sync. Been 1/180 since the *IstD.
HSS solves this problem and gives you flash as fast as you need... no limits!

QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote
IMHO, it was revolutionary.
Revolutionary: "radically new or innovative; outside or beyond established procedure, principles, etc."

Increasing ISO a stop or two is in no way "outside or beyond established procedure". I refuse to use words as re-defined by marketing departments.

05-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #137
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
I have nothing against more megapixels if they don't sacrifice ultimate image quality...
I do. I don't need my file sizes doubling without a meaningful increase in detail. I hope that if they go to this sensor, they implement something like Canon's sRAW and mRAW.
05-23-2011, 07:45 AM   #138
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
I do. I don't need my file sizes doubling without a meaningful increase in detail. I hope that if they go to this sensor, they implement something like Canon's sRAW and mRAW.
That's on my request list. Seems a good compromise. I don't need honking big files when shooting for the web.
05-23-2011, 07:59 AM   #139
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Add a request for higher sync speeds... 1/250 would be good... 1/500 would be GREAT!

Mike

05-23-2011, 08:11 AM   #140
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Maybe Petax needs to look at redesigning leaf shutter lenses.
05-23-2011, 08:28 AM   #141
Veteran Member

longer lasting/better battery life
05-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #142
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I agree, that would be neat.

05-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #143
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Maybe Petax needs to look at redesigning leaf shutter lenses.
They'll tell you you can get 645 LF lenses with adapter
05-23-2011, 09:47 AM   #144
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
No need really if P-TTL was accurate. I use A mode on my Metz and it is significantly better than P-TTL.

Why not use Bulb?

HSS solves this problem and gives you flash as fast as you need... no limits!

Revolutionary: "radically new or innovative; outside or beyond established procedure, principles, etc."

Increasing ISO a stop or two is in no way "outside or beyond established procedure". I refuse to use words as re-defined by marketing departments.
You said it - if P-TTL was accurate. How about legacy support for accessories other than lenses?

Bulb means I need a remote, or need to be with the camera. A timelapse/delay mode with a programmable shutter would obviate the need for a plugged in remote (with it's own set of batteries to worry about), and keep the seals in the body intact.

HSS is great if you are using an external flash - often I am not - tend to use the onboard for fill, and have to stop down or use filters when shooting shallow dof.
Or I am outdoors, and don't have enough power in the af-360 for the range I am working with.

+1 for me. This is one of the things I really like with Canon workflow.
05-23-2011, 09:48 AM   #145
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Two minor points:
k5 has a 999 shots limits for interval shoot. This is with latest firmware.
IstD had a 1/160 sync, newer camera havé 1/180 sync (I know, not much of a difference).
Good corrections. I missed the number of shots increase as an upgrade in the K-5 ( I have a K-7).
05-23-2011, 10:01 AM   #146
Veteran Member

K3 should deploy flash sync 1/250 or faster and non crippled KAF2 mount
05-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #147
Banned

It would be great to say to internal flash to give just 1/32th of flash power. So make it selectable in power, next to p-ttl.
05-23-2011, 11:47 AM - 1 Like   #148
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
It would be great to say to internal flash to give just 1/32th of flash power. So make it selectable in power, next to p-ttl.
Oh, you mean like my E-pl1, which allows 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64th on the built in flash? Yes, definitely useful from time to time.
05-23-2011, 12:04 PM   #149
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by drougge Quote
I can't believe we're on page 8 and this has only been mentioned twice. If Pentax put out a camera that was a step back in every way compared to the K-5 except it had this I would still buy it. (Well, depending on how much of a step back it was, obviously.)

Back in the film days it was just the cheap bodies that had this problem, but there is no DSLR at any price that will do open aperture metering with old K mount glass. And for no technical reason, they just hate me. (Yes, me, personally. I'm convinced of it.)
Would something like this really increase Pentax sales in any significant way? If not, I'd rather they focus on something else...
05-23-2011, 01:05 PM   #150
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Would something like this really increase Pentax sales in any significant way? If not, I'd rather they focus on something else...
And here I was thinking it was the marketing department of Hoya who had to worry about sales figures. Our job is to request what we, as consumers of their products, want. Let's not get our roles confused!

Heaven forbid I should adopt the mindset of a frickin' marketing department!