Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 236 Likes Search this Thread
07-31-2013, 08:13 PM   #2251
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by haycyn Quote
That full frame NEX sounds tempting after reading this thread.
No one has a clue what is coming. The K-50 and K-500 rumor preceded the announcement by a few days.

07-31-2013, 11:47 PM   #2252
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by haycyn Quote
That full frame NEX sounds tempting after reading this thread.
That's the purpose, isn't it? To scare off potential customers, "punishing" Pentax for real or (most of the time) imaginary reasons.
Though I don't really understand the link between a rumored high-end Pentax APS-C DSLR and a Sony MILC FF...

derekkite, those two were rumored for awhile (even if no detail was known). I'm sure it's the same with the K-3, some people should know at least if its real or not.
08-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #2253
Pentaxian

The K-3 would ba an aps-c.
08-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #2254
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
No one has a clue what is coming. The K-50 and K-500 rumor preceded the announcement by a few days.
Indeed, Ricoh now seems to have a policy of secrecy up the to last possible minute. Who knows what will happen for sure. By this time next year, we could be knee deep in the latest moaning thread about how the K-3's autofocus or image quality doesn't stack up. Top that off with hopes about the K-3 MKII's speculated performance with absolutely no hints that a K-3 MKII is in the works...

08-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #2255
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by HawaiianOnline Quote
Indeed, Ricoh now seems to have a policy of secrecy up the to last possible minute. Who knows what will happen for sure. By this time next year, we could be knee deep in the latest moaning thread about how the K-3's autofocus or image quality doesn't stack up. Top that off with hopes about the K-3 MKII's speculated performance with absolutely no hints that a K-3 MKII is in the works...
What?? Are you saying that speculation happens on this forum??
08-03-2013, 01:05 AM   #2256
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
What?? Are you saying that speculation happens on this forum??
Well, we could also e moaning about no activity from Ricoh/Pentax at all too...

Always in motion, the future is...
08-03-2013, 01:41 AM   #2257
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
The K-50 and the K-500 were rumored for months before the announcement, for example. Only the details surfaced just before the announcement.
And, there are other such rumors; the show is not over yet.

08-03-2013, 02:57 AM   #2258
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
The K-50 and the K-500 were rumored for months before the announcement, for example. Only the details surfaced just before the announcement.
And, there are other such rumors; the show is not over yet.
Have you heard any? Where?
K50 / K500 were much more concrete. "K3 rumour" circulating around is just our own invention, for 2 years already.

FF was *officially* confirmed, pro APS-C too, and some next form of the 645D. But no names, not a single possible spec.
That is as far as things go.
08-03-2013, 03:33 AM   #2259
Pentaxian

I heard the K-50/K-500 names back in April, and wasn't a coincidence.
We'll see about the K-3, there are almost 5 more months from this year (and no reliable rumor said it will be this month). Well, I pretty much know what to expect; YMMV.
Of course, I'm completely ignoring the made-up "K-3".

FF was not officially confirmed as a product, but only as an internal project.
08-03-2013, 03:43 AM   #2260
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I heard the K-50/K-500 names back in April, and wasn't a coincidence.
We'll see about the K-3, there are almost 5 more months from this year (and no reliable rumor said it will be this month). Well, I pretty much know what to expect; YMMV.
Of course, I'm completely ignoring the made-up "K-3".

FF was not officially confirmed as a product, but only as an internal project.
I was referring to that statement of an Ricoh China manager / whatever; he said that the Pentax FF is unlike anything now present on the market.
Thus I believe that FF is has some concrete shape, and attributes too.
08-03-2013, 03:52 AM   #2261
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
I was referring to that statement of an Ricoh China manager / whatever; he said that the Pentax FF is unlike anything now present on the market.
Thus I believe[LIST][*]that FF is has some concrete shape, and attributes too.
That is just a way of saying something, without telling anything. And to keep interest up on what may come.
08-03-2013, 04:19 AM   #2262
Pentaxian

I'd rather say, "unlike anything now present on the market" are not his words, but Nth hand interpretation on Internet forums They sounds much bolder than reality - AFAIK the manager only said it will be "distinctive".
Having a distinctive product, finding an USP is one thing; doing something "unlike anything now present on the market" is on a completely different scale (also very risky).
Pentax could be still working on making that "distinctive" FF camera (while building concrete shaped prototypes on the way).
08-03-2013, 04:52 AM   #2263
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Retorical question: What kind of digital FF camera hasn't made it's appearence yet then?
08-03-2013, 05:13 AM   #2264
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Retorical question: What kind of digital FF camera hasn't made it's appearence yet then?
I can think of a couple of design approaches that no one has tried yet.

Mind you, that if there was no GFC, which overlapped to a great extent with the smartphone upheaval (a natural result of everyone's belt tightening — "use phone instead of a new camera, instead of a computer, because times are bad for economy, you can't risk", etc), people would witness much more innovation and progress in the camera market, especially in the FF arena. Or, people choosing smartphone over a real quality camera is very much a result of an imposed necessity, and not so much a voluntary choice.

Industry has barely scratched what's possible there in the FF arena, and somehow, in retrospect, those slogans "who needs an FF anyway?, who needs a big DSLR?" started just around that time, when the traditional type camera industry had to accept the recession times, play on smaller systems and "think small" in general.

We have the hermit's complex ever since, of the "ever enduring and never ending pocketability" that has become an end in itself — a substitute for photography, and it's hard to break it. Enthusiasts naturally want more innovations, truly better imaging devices, but is coming scarcely, and moving slowly. I think we as a society in general are stagnating ever since, and have accepted certain bizarre worldviews since then we are not quite aware of.

Like the "mirrorless bug"— a strange idea that all of a sudden all cameras must be mirrorless, because otherwise "they can't be small enough, can't be put in shirt's pocket, it's ways cheaper to make them as such", etc. "Cheap, small, good enough, ..." are the attributes that have become nouns.

Let this global recession go for a longer while, and we will twist our worldview 180 degrees, and everything electronics giants (who prosper in such recession times) do, will be "the king" and "a way to go" because "it's cheap". As a society, we will kill our culture, kill real choice, lose a touch with reality.

Camera companies who try to resists such nonsense and start to think normally again, and try to establish true quality principles, will benefit. They probably won't sell the most, and in the eyes of others, they will risk a lot. But more than a few people will support them too because they bring in necessary refreshment, due change, excitement, and show everyone what are we all missing.

Last edited by Uluru; 08-03-2013 at 05:40 AM.
08-03-2013, 05:21 AM   #2265
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
I'ii say that a K-mount FF DSLR has a distinctive advantage over other FF cameras, if you are a K-mount user.
The mount used on any ILC, is probably the most distinctive feauture it can have.