Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 236 Likes Search this Thread
09-20-2013, 07:35 AM   #2731
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
activity is guaranteed to temporarily slow down once there is no more reason to speculate.

We all know that is never going to happen....

09-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #2732
Pentaxian

Yup, but activity is guaranteed to temporarily slow down once there is no more reason to speculate.
As if we needed any reasons to speculate...
09-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #2733
bxf
Veteran Member

Yup, but activity is guaranteed to temporarily may be expected to momentarily slow down once there is no more reason to speculate.
Apologies for the error.
09-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #2734
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
New autofocus system

In the autofocus department Pentax has let us down in the past, granted the K-5 II/s was a step in the right direction with the low light focus ability. What are the odds that pentax would would use the same autofocus system in the next camera should it actually be released in the couple of months? Will they finally give us the autofocus system we are looking for (some of us) and if they don't deliver in the autofocus department will it kill their sales potential?

09-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #2735
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
In the autofocus department Pentax has let us down in the past, granted the K-5 II/s was a step in the right direction with the low light focus ability. What are the odds that pentax would would use the same autofocus system in the next camera should it actually be released in the couple of months? Will they finally give us the autofocus system we are looking for (some of us) and if they don't deliver in the autofocus department will it kill their sales potential?
As Steven Wright once asked... "What if there were no hypothetical questions?"
09-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #2736
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
Part of the problem is SDM. SDM is just not that fast. Played with a friends Canon 7D and the AF is noticeably faster. It is a combination of the Canon AF system and the USM lens. He has the Sigma 50mm for the 7D and I have it for the K-5. Definitely faster on the 7D and of course is 35L smokes my 31LTD in AF speed.
09-20-2013, 06:44 PM - 1 Like   #2737
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yup, but activity is guaranteed to temporarily slow down once there is no more reason to speculate.
I'm starting the K-3IIs speculation thread in a few days. I'm tired of wondering about the K-3. The K-3IIs is going to be much more interesting to speculate about.

I'm also starting the K-3 complaint thread, so we can get a head start. By the time the camera comes out we will have all of our complaints out of the way.

09-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #2738
Veteran Member

To those interested in modular possibilities take a look at the following video.

09-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #2739
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I'm starting the K-3IIs speculation thread in a few days. I'm tired of wondering about the K-3. The K-3IIs is going to be much more interesting to speculate about.

I'm also starting the K-3 complaint thread, so we can get a head start. By the time the camera comes out we will have all of our complaints out of the way.
Excellent idea.
If it hasn't already been done, perhaps could you could also do a review on the camera before it is announced? ( I would like to weigh the complaints against the actual specifications )
09-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #2740
bxf
Veteran Member

Oh, grand idea! It's about time. The K-3 (i.e. this thread) is already over two years old. We are definitely overdue for a new model
09-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #2741
Veteran Member

The K-3's autofocus system is too slow!!! It can't track bullets in flight!

Seriously, didn't I read not so long ago that the Pentax AF was the most accurate, though not the fastest. Sometimes, accuracy is good
09-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #2742
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
To those interested in modular possibilities take a look at the following video.

Phonebloks - YouTube
While I applaud the goal of this idea, people will have to accept that this type of camera will likely be bigger, slower, and more expensive than integrated units.

This thread, by the way, needs a unicorn

Oh wait, have one right here

09-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #2743
Veteran Member

I'm a Griffin and I don't need no Unicorn

09-21-2013, 12:44 AM   #2744
Veteran Member

We have dragons in Wales...
09-21-2013, 12:53 AM   #2745
bvg
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
And we have platypus here in Australia...