Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #736
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter
Ash's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toowoomba, Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 22,695
The K100D was simply an awesome entry-level camera, whether for its time or now. That sensor just produced brilliant images - it was a bugger to clean, though...

07-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #737
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,794
Original Poster
I really don't know what we will see from the K-3. Will we see the 24MP APS-C sensor? I'm pretty sure Pentax can get much better performance out of it than Sony. Does Sony have a new sensor we don't know about?
07-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #738
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,893
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I really don't know what we will see from the K-3. Will we see the 24MP APS-C sensor? I'm pretty sure Pentax can get much better performance out of it than Sony. Does Sony have a new sensor we don't know about?
Anybody can get better performance out of it than Sony as long as sony has the SLT.

Will Pentax get better results out of it than Nikon? Perhaps a bit, with the added development time that Pentax has.
07-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #739
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Denver
Photos: Albums
Posts: 570
I'd like to see a solid K-5 replacement, with all the enhancements the K-30 has plus a bunch more focus points! On top of that, I'd like to see a Pentax FF body with everything the K-5 replacement has and little more than a bigger sensor and bigger viewfinder. I'd get both those cameras once I could scrounge up the money. With every FF lens I have, or will get, I'd have the option of using them at two different angles of view. I think it'd be great to go shooting with those two bodies and three to five primes. I'd be set, and so would my wife (she's using my K-5 more and more often)

07-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #740
Pentaxian
Wired's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,523
QuoteOriginally posted by loveisageless Quote
Buy your FA Limiteds now. If Pentax does release a FF, they (FA Limiteds) will sell new for a fortune and no one will want to part with their used ones...even if they don't release a FF model, you'll still have awsome lenses.
This is why im torn between getting the Sigma 30 1.4 and either the 60-250 or 50-135 DA*..... Or the FA 31 ltd and the DA* 55..... As my next two lenses...before end of summer
07-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #741
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,794
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
This is why im torn between getting the Sigma 30 1.4 and either the 60-250 or 50-135 DA*..... Or the FA 31 ltd and the DA* 55..... As my next two lenses...before end of summer

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
So far I have only bought FF lenses which include the Sigma 50mm F/1.4 and the Sigma 85mm F/1.4. Hopefully we will see some D-FA Limited lenses brought into production. Maybe we will see a D-FA 43mm Limited with improved SDM announced with a FF body.
07-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #742
Site Supporter
LaurenOE's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,487
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
So far I have only bought FF lenses which include the Sigma 50mm F/1.4 and the Sigma 85mm F/1.4. Hopefully we will see some D-FA Limited lenses brought into production. Maybe we will see a D-FA 43mm Limited with improved SDM announced with a FF body.
I've been toying with buying the Sigma 85mm F/1.4 as I can't seem to justify the FA* 85mm f1.4 price on the used market.

I would love to buy a Pentax for the price of the Sigma.

How do you like the Sigma? Any regrets?
07-26-2012, 10:18 AM - 1 Like   #743
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,270
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
I've been toying with buying the Sigma 85mm F/1.4 as I can't seem to justify the FA* 85mm f1.4 price on the used market.

I would love to buy a Pentax for the price of the Sigma.

How do you like the Sigma? Any regrets?
the really annoying part is if they released a DA* variant of the FA*85 it would probably cost less than the current used ones and be easier to justify
It's not like there hasn't been demand judging by the silly prices of old 85's

07-26-2012, 10:39 AM - 1 Like   #744
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,794
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
I've been toying with buying the Sigma 85mm F/1.4 as I can't seem to justify the FA* 85mm f1.4 price on the used market.

I would love to buy a Pentax for the price of the Sigma.

How do you like the Sigma? Any regrets?
Very sharp lens even wide open. Maybe too sharp for portrait work. I always end up softening up faces for the ladies. Boken is really good and HSM is very fast and quiet. The 85mm is not as fast as the 50mm, but still quick considering it is moving so much glass.
07-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #745
Site Supporter
LaurenOE's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,487
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Very sharp lens even wide open. Maybe too sharp for portrait work. I always end up softening up faces for the ladies. Boken is really good and HSM is very fast and quiet. The 85mm is not as fast as the 50mm, but still quick considering it is moving so much glass.
That's awesome feedback! Well, then I will probably go that route instead of getting a Pentax.
08-13-2012, 05:05 PM   #746
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,794
Original Poster
I guess we are on the 35 days away from Photokina and a new Pentax camera.

What are we going to get?
K-5 Super with 24MP Sony APS-C?
K-3 with a 24mm x 36mm with 36MP Sony Sensor?
How about both?

Totally new body or slight improvements in controls and layout?
New flash system?
Dual memory cards with automatic back-up?
21+ point AF system?

Will we see any serious glass? D-FA* 135mm f/1.8? D-FA* 400mm F/4? D-FA* 24mm f/2? I have seen the lens roadmap and find it hard to believe Pentax does not have something more they are holding back.
08-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #747
Pentaxian
Pål Jensen's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Norway
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,145
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I guess we are on the 35 days away from Photokina and a new Pentax camera.

What are we going to get?
K-5 Super with 24MP Sony APS-C?
K-3 with a 24mm x 36mm with 36MP Sony Sensor?
How about both?.
Both would be a good idea (a much better idea than a 24mp FF camera). However, I doubt the FF Pentax will find many buyers.
I do believe the K-5 replacement will be 24mp. And I'm sure it is a terrific camera.
08-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #748
Pentaxian
Pål Jensen's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Norway
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,145
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Will we see any serious glass? D-FA* 135mm f/1.8? D-FA* 400mm F/4? D-FA* 24mm f/2? I have seen the lens roadmap and find it hard to believe Pentax does not have something more they are holding back.

The roadmap has some serious glass but alas no FF lenses. I doubt we will see any of the above, perhaps with the exception of the 24mm, if Pentax plan FF anytime soon something I seriously doubt. With the 550/5.6 coming up soon (September) I don't think theres any chance for an FF 400/4 lens (which is basically an 400/4 with 1.4X converter).
The 135mm focal lenght proved to be very unpopular after the arrival of good quality telephoto zooms. Pentax did construct an FA* 150/2 that was never released; one could hope for a release of this one now particularly as it would be quite compelling on an APS body...
08-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #749
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,794
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
The roadmap has some serious glass but alas no FF lenses. I doubt we will see any of the above, perhaps with the exception of the 24mm, if Pentax plan FF anytime soon something I seriously doubt. With the 550/5.6 coming up soon (September) I don't think theres any chance for an FF 400/4 lens (which is basically an 400/4 with 1.4X converter).
The 135mm focal lenght proved to be very unpopular after the arrival of good quality telephoto zooms. Pentax did construct an FA* 150/2 that was never released; one could hope for a release of this one now particularly as it would be quite compelling on an APS body...
135mm F/1.8 is a solid lens for an APS-C and the IQ is better than the zooms I have seen. When I still had my 5D & 135L I used it on a borrowed 7D a couple of times. A fast 200 mm for APS-C is great for indoor sports and some events and 135mm on FF is still an excellent portrait. It was one of the first CZ lenses Sony put on the market.

I would love a remake of the A* 135mm or a 150mm f/2 from Pentax. Maybe Sigma will fill the void left by Pentax between 100 and 200mm. The
Sigma 85mm f/1.4 is an excellent lens.
08-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #750
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Manila
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,190
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I guess we are on the 35 days away from Photokina and a new Pentax camera. What are we going to get?
K-5 Super with 24MP Sony APS-C?
K-3 with a 24mm x 36mm with 36MP Sony Sensor?
How about both? Totally new body or slight improvements in controls and layout?
New flash system?
Dual memory cards with automatic back-up?
21+ point AF system?
While I have big doubts about the flash system automatic backup, I'm pretty sure that in the controls and layout department that it will follow the K-5's button placements but with the K-30's 4-way-controller layout.

And about the mention of a 135 f/2 or f/1.8... Jeez that's droolworthy. I hope Pentax takes time to consider that focal length! Or at least re-release the FA 85...
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aps-c, body, k-5, k-7, k-7/k-5, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, reason, sensor, sony
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speculation: What if Pentax did not go FF but rather a 1.3x? brecklundin Pentax DSLR Discussion 36 08-13-2013 10:36 PM
Any speculation on how long... Tom S. Pentax K-5 10 12-16-2010 09:19 PM
K-x price speculation SylBer Pentax DSLR Discussion 18 10-13-2010 12:29 PM
Small rant + speculation ilya80 Pentax News and Rumors 35 04-20-2010 11:42 PM
speculation about FA lenses on FF DSLR lpfonseca Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 19 11-05-2009 10:34 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:07 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top