Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2012, 02:44 AM   #871
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
Considering the lack of leaks about K-3 (compared to all leaked pictures of K-5 II and lenses), I think that there won't be any K-3 in Photokina
But then again, those pics of the K-5II and K-5IIs could have been very easily photoshopped. Personally, I kinda hope so, the logic of those two new old machines eludes me.

09-10-2012, 02:46 AM   #872
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
But then again, those pics of the K-5II and K-5IIs could have been very easily photoshopped. Personally, I kinda hope so, the logic of those two new old machines eludes me.
The body design of the K-7/K-5 is perfect for me. I only care about the internals of the new K-5 II and IIs which, no doubt, will be much different. Why change the external design if there's no direct need?
09-10-2012, 02:48 AM   #873
Pentaxian

Those pictures are on Pentax Espaņa facebook page. I really doubt they would publish fake pictures.
09-10-2012, 03:00 AM   #874

That facebook page is gone !

09-10-2012, 03:07 AM   #875
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clavius Quote
but then again, those pics of the k-5ii and k-5iis could have been very easily photoshopped. Personally, i kinda hope so, the logic of those two new old machines eludes me.
all pictures for announcement are always photoshopped.
09-10-2012, 03:15 AM   #876
Pentaxian

gone. that fast....
09-10-2012, 03:16 AM   #877
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
The body design of the K-7/K-5 is perfect for me. I only care about the internals of the new K-5 II and IIs which, no doubt, will be much different. Why change the external design if there's no direct need?
Where did I say that the exterior should be changed? I agree fully, the K5/7 body design is absolutely wonderfull. Maybe a bit to small though.

I just think that the rumoured changes to the internals of the K-5II are so small that I don't see the point in creating two "new" cameras for that. Those few production-lines that Pentax has could be producing something entirely new and cool.

Leave out the hardware changes and give current K5 owners a big upgrade. Maybe they could even sell a AA-removal servicing for existing K5 owners.
09-10-2012, 03:19 AM   #878

the guy responsible for that FB page is gonna be in trouble

09-10-2012, 03:20 AM   #879
Pentaxian

I just think that the rumoured changes to the internals of the K-5II are so small that I don't see the point in creating two "new" cameras for that. Those few production-lines that Pentax has could be producing something entirely new and cool.
That was also the first question I had in mind, which made me doubt if there was a K-3 coming - the confirmation of TWO K-5 upgrades.
09-10-2012, 03:21 AM   #880
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Where did I say that the exterior should be changed? I agree fully, the K5/7 body design is absolutely wonderfull. Maybe a bit to small though.

Leave out the hardware changes and give current K5 owners a big upgrade. Maybe they could even sell a AA-removal servicing for existing K5 owners.
I'm inclined to agree. I wasn't expecting to see a K-3 but I was expecting the K-5n to be more than the K-5II appears to be.

My K-7 will be staying with me for another cycle I should think.
09-10-2012, 03:25 AM   #881
Veteran Member

I do not see a swivel or an articulating screen there
09-10-2012, 03:39 AM   #882
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
I think it's looking increasingly like we're not going to see the K-3 at Photokina - except maybe as an under-glass prototype. Even if they were going to pre-announce it with availability for the New Year I'd expect to hear information from people in addition to RH.
I agree, with two new K-5 versions, I have my doubts... Uless ofcourse there will be no K-5II and K-5IIs
Maybe just K-5IIs without the filter and K-3 with... and later without.
09-10-2012, 03:48 AM   #883
Loyal Site Supporter

Hard to believe that Pentax would release a K5 with an updated auto focus system as their flagship camera, that folks with a K5 currently would want to buy. It just isn't that appealing, even without an AA filter. Hey, I am fine with keeping the body style the same. It means I can use my grips and batteries on a new body. But, I think the 24 megapixel sensor is out there and should be taken advantage of.
09-10-2012, 04:07 AM   #884
ogl
Pentaxian

Pentax dealers says about 3 new DSLR cameras
09-10-2012, 04:10 AM   #885
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Hard to believe that Pentax would release a K5 with an updated auto focus system as their flagship camera, that folks with a K5 currently would want to buy. It just isn't that appealing, even without an AA filter. Hey, I am fine with keeping the body style the same. It means I can use my grips and batteries on a new body. But, I think the 24 megapixel sensor is out there and should be taken advantage of.
It's this that makes the non-appearance of the K-3 strange. Without the K-3 the K-5II looks extremely weak as a flagship camera. With a K-3 the K-5II gets put into context.

You'd think Pentax would want to provide this context even if the K-3 wasn't coming till the New Year or Spring. As you say existing K-5 users aren't likely to upgrade to the K-5II. I have a K-7 and I am not sure that I will go for the K-5II.