Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2013, 04:52 AM   #1441
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree, so I'm not losing any sleep over it myself (far too busy anyway to be doing that). I'm happy to just wait and see what the announcement will be. Let me know when news arises.

03-25-2013, 05:07 AM   #1442
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
II'm happy to just wait and see what the announcement will be. Let me know when news arises.
I think it is quite possible that we'll see a new camera announcement in the next couple of days. However, I'm 99% sure it will be a 24 Mpix APS-C camera. But we'll see like you said.

BTW, has Adam considered starting an online gambling site? It would be fun to bet of an FF announcement month after month.
03-25-2013, 05:14 AM   #1443
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
I think it is quite possible that we'll see a new camera announcement in the next couple of days. However, I'm 99% sure it will be a 24 Mpix APS-C camera. But we'll see like you said.

BTW, has Adam considered starting an online gambling site? It would be fun to bet of an FF announcement month after month.
It would be fun to be the one betting against it. You'd win every month until you lost, but you'd only lose once.
03-25-2013, 05:15 AM   #1444
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Raffwal 99% sure how? We're all just working on hunches or deductions based on probable availability of sensor technology and vague statements from the Pentax hierarchy. The APS-C sounds more plausible (at this point in time) but the FF not impossible.

03-25-2013, 05:22 AM   #1445
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Billium28 Quote
Can we get like a list of actual usable digital FF lenses currently available and then call it a day. It seems each thread moves in circles about which lens currently is FF ready. I just don't understand how we have't actually determined this yet because it seems this topic starts up and repeats constantly.

I'm not angry it just seems to be like a never ending discussion. Ya know?
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I guess we won't know until the FF camera will be available. For the sake of breaking this circle, I hope they'll launch it asap.
(...)
Actually we could know today if someone were to test Pentax DA lenses on a Sony NEX-VG900 with an adapter. NEX-VG900 has a 24Mpx 24x36 sensor.

Alternatively, on a Leica M + adapter but there are only a few Ms delivered as of now.
03-25-2013, 05:29 AM   #1446
Pentaxian

Raffwal 99% sure how? We're all just working on hunches or deductions based on probable availability of sensor technology and vague statements from the Pentax hierarchy. The APS-C sounds more plausible (at this point in time) but the FF not impossible.
Well we all make guesses and conclusions based on different sources. One of the ones I trust more than others is "asahi man" on Dpreview who to my knowledge works for a major retailer. According to him there will be a 24 Mpix (APS-C) camera and not FF.
03-25-2013, 05:38 AM   #1447
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Almost at 100 pages. Looks like we'll get there again with a FF thread.
03-25-2013, 05:53 AM   #1448
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote

Well if it is a 24 mp aps-c camera, than in terms of image quality I hope it performs better than the D7100 because to my eyes the K-5 IIs is equally good or better. It seems that a 24mp camera is purely to boost the specs, I think Pentax/Ricoh is a bit smarter than this. We shall see.

03-25-2013, 05:57 AM - 1 Like   #1449
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
All this speculation...

I happen to know that the upcoming announcement is nothing more than another new Optio...

One that requires the use of this attachment.

03-25-2013, 06:27 AM   #1450

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
All this speculation...

I happen to know that the upcoming announcement is nothing more than another new Optio...

I guess the optio-rumour is the most substantiated until now. It aligns with information from German fora, which don't see an announcement for dslrs (yet) but several new ones starting from low to high this year, but not earlier than this summer. Just to calm the high expectations which use to turn into disappointment of the same level and turn this place in some nasty snakepit regularly...
Bw

Last edited by MMVIII; 03-25-2013 at 08:05 AM. Reason: style, grammar
03-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #1451
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
All this speculation...

You mean a successor to the 2002-launched 4.0 Mpixels Optio 430 RS with 3D capabilities?

03-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #1452
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
You mean a successor to the 2002-launched 4.0 Mpixels Optio 430 RS with 3D capabilities?
I was just being a wise ass. I needed to find a funky Pentax accessory. A new camera with stereoscopic capability would be cool though...

The funny thing is someone is selling an Optio 330 GS on my local craigslist.
03-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #1453
Loyal Site Supporter

This is all very simple.

Pentax Ricoh will announce something in one or both of the brands soon that will make some people very unhappy and some people very happy.

The other xx.xx percent of us will go about our ordinary personal and professional lives as if nothing significant had happened at all.

It would take some serious brass at PRI to materially alter that relationship.

Last edited by monochrome; 03-25-2013 at 09:18 AM.
03-25-2013, 09:13 AM - 4 Likes   #1454
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Building up unrealistic expectations and having them realistically shot down is the responsibility of the fool who expected too much. Hoping and expecting are two very different approaches, one more accepting and meek, the other demanding and unrelenting. Choose to avoid disappointment: keep shooting with what you have. Let official announcements inform you of new developments. Weigh the *real* choices up pragmatically and wisely, and bliss will always follow.
03-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #1455

Building up unrealistic expectations and having them realistically shot down is the responsibility of the fool who expected too much. Hoping and expecting are two very different approaches, one more accepting and meek, the other demanding and unrelenting. Choose to avoid disappointment: keep shooting with what you have. Let official announcements inform you of new developments. Weigh the *real* choices up pragmatically and wisely, and bliss will always follow.
Period.