Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 236 Likes Search this Thread
05-31-2011, 06:16 AM   #271
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
However I can get a D7000 w/18-105 VR for C$1449 and a K-5 w/18-135 WR for $1949, both before tax.
The K-5 has MANY more features than the d7000. The pricing of the K-5 is still cheaper than a d300s which its features are closer to, and its sensor out performs.

05-31-2011, 07:46 AM   #272
Forum Member

While we are talking about Pentax Cameras (DSLRs), Does anybody think Pentax might relase a Full Frame! Please Read the following, and tell me what truth there could be to it, if any! LOL

k-rumors | Blog | (k3) mysterious russian source talks about Pentax fullframe plans...
05-31-2011, 07:51 AM   #273
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax Lover Quote
While we are talking about Pentax Cameras (DSLRs), Does anybody think Pentax might relase a Full Frame! Please Read the following, and tell me what truth there could be to it, if any! LOL

k-rumors | Blog | (k3) mysterious russian source talks about Pentax fullframe plans...
No i'm not going to bite on this fish
05-31-2011, 07:56 AM   #274
Veteran Member

Do you realise that those rumours are from 2009?

05-31-2011, 07:56 AM   #275
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
No i'm not going to bite on this fish
Neither will I - you can tell by that Samsung reek that it's a very old fish!
05-31-2011, 08:02 AM   #276
Veteran Member

Original Poster

That rumor is almost two years old.

Samsung has MF CMOS sensors in development. There is a good chance the next 645D will have a Samsung CMOS sensor in it. I don't think Pentax will release a FF. I think the 645D will eventually fall to $6,000 -$7,000 and and have the technology to be able to compete with the 1Ds and D3x at higher ISO.

If the Samsung 36mm x 36mm square sensor MF camera makes it to market it will be interesting to see what effect that has on pricing. At only 34MP it will be competing with FF bodies with the same resolution. A mirror-less MF with a square sensor would be pretty exciting.

Last edited by Winder; 05-31-2011 at 08:13 AM.
05-31-2011, 08:48 AM   #277
Pentaxian

Exciting? If dslr with wlf, yes. If mirrorless, hell no.
This highly subjective though.

05-31-2011, 09:09 AM   #278
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Exciting? If dslr with wlf, yes. If mirrorless, hell no.
This highly subjective though.
Why is a mirror-less MF not exciting? CDAF is more than fast enough for what MF is typically used for and accuracy it obviously better. The size advantage would be more significant for MF because of the much larger mirror box and VF.

A MF mirror-less body could be designed that would be the size of a K-7/K-5. I think that is pretty exciting.
05-31-2011, 09:22 AM   #279
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
The size advantage would be more significant for MF because of the much larger mirror box and VF.

A MF mirror-less body could be designed that would be the size of a K-7/K-5. I think that is pretty exciting.
The Size of the Mirror box is partially due to lens registration distance. for a freestanding new system without a range of lenses to support this would work as lenses would be designed to the smaller distance. for backward compatible (like every MF system out there for the most part) this is pretty much a non starter
i like the square format idea, but 36x36 is a big crop from a real 6x6 frame (56x56) so this is more of a 4x4 baby MF which would crop nicely to FF 35mm size.
it would be neat in a TLR type body (in an interchangeable lens format like the mamiya tlr for instance)
05-31-2011, 09:42 AM   #280
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
The Size of the Mirror box is partially due to lens registration distance. for a freestanding new system without a range of lenses to support this would work as lenses would be designed to the smaller distance. for backward compatible (like every MF system out there for the most part) this is pretty much a non starter
i like the square format idea, but 36x36 is a big crop from a real 6x6 frame (56x56) so this is more of a 4x4 baby MF which would crop nicely to FF 35mm size.
it would be neat in a TLR type body (in an interchangeable lens format like the mamiya tlr for instance)
This would be just like M4/3 in that new lenses would be designed for the system, but adapters could be used for legacy glass. There is a lot of 6x6 glass on the market that can be picked up pretty reasonably and would work great on a 36x36 sensor.

Mamiya 7 type camera would be very interesting......
05-31-2011, 10:42 AM   #281
Veteran Member

This would be just like M4/3 in that new lenses would be designed for the system, but adapters could be used for legacy glass. There is a lot of 6x6 glass on the market that can be picked up pretty reasonably and would work great on a 36x36 sensor.

Mamiya 7 type camera would be very interesting......
i'll agree on the mamiya 6/7 type - really any non leica RF would be nice to see (at less than an m9 in any case)
05-31-2011, 11:45 AM   #282
Pentaxian

Why is a mirror-less MF not exciting? CDAF is more than fast enough for what MF is typically used for and accuracy it obviously better. The size advantage would be more significant for MF because of the much larger mirror box and VF.

I think I'm influenced by the shape of the prototype (box) which is reminescent of TLR/RB/RZ bodies. But such shape without wlf it is Imo completely stupid and impractical.
05-31-2011, 03:46 PM   #283
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
I think I'm influenced by the shape of the prototype (box) which is reminescent of TLR/RB/RZ bodies. But such shape without wlf it is Imo completely stupid and impractical.
From what I was told the back flips up to mimic the WL finders of old. Not quite the same but close.
06-01-2011, 02:17 PM   #284

K-3

- Better AF-Servo
- AF with F2.8 sensitive cross-points
- Better flash metering
- Double SD
- higher capacity and faster SD card support.
- faster processor.

06-01-2011, 06:15 PM   #285
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Serpiente Quote
K-3

- Better AF-Servo
- AF with F2.8 sensitive cross-points
- Better flash metering
- Double SD
- higher capacity and faster SD card support.
- faster processor.

All good things but if Double SD slots and/or swivel screen will cause an increase in body size I will not be for it.

An inproved AF would be nice. Better AF-Servo would be good. Also add 5 spot 2.8 sesitive AF points to the already 11 general AF points. Make those 5 points be center and the intersection of the 1/3 lines.

Dave