Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 236 Likes Search this Thread
08-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #766
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well I still am in favor for an updated K-5n with 16mp and updated electronics and AF module. Because I like to use my camera for hi-iso use. Why would someone want 24 megapixel? Well I went to the presspresentation for the new womens soccerleague that is starting next week and is a combination league for the best teams of Belgium and The Netherlands (bigger area to recruit better soccerplayers with almost 27 miljon people living).

Not very ideal for taking good images but this series has them all:
BeNeLeague soccerteams

For this 24 megapixel would be nice. All made with K-01 and FA31mm.
I would like to see a K-5 Super with much improved AF and the 24MP sensor which I think will exceed the current 16MP in terms of DR and noise. The AF points need to be at least 1/2 the current size. I would like to see them the exact size of the red square AF point in the VF and better QC to make sure the actual AF points line up with the visible markers in the VF.

It might be good for Pentax and 3rd party support to keep the same body for at least 3 generations.

08-17-2012, 05:28 AM   #767
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I would like to see a K-5 Super with much improved AF and the 24MP sensor which I think will exceed the current 16MP in terms of DR and noise. The AF points need to be at least 1/2 the current size. I would like to see them the exact size of the red square AF point in the VF and better QC to make sure the actual AF points line up with the visible markers in the VF.

It might be good for Pentax and 3rd party support to keep the same body for at least 3 generations.
I agree, although I would really appreciate inreasing the K-5/K-7 body's height by a cm or two. Having said that, the k-30 has one handsome design and wouldn't mind a k-5 interpretation of that design.
08-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #768
Inactive Account

I agree Verglace.

I think the K30 is the nicest looking camera that pentax has designed yet. It's stylish but also looks rugged and like a camera to contend with.
09-04-2012, 06:36 AM   #769
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Verglace Quote
I agree, although I would really appreciate inreasing the K-5/K-7 body's height by a cm or two. Having said that, the k-30 has one handsome design and wouldn't mind a k-5 interpretation of that design.
Yes. My little finger has no place to go. I love the compact size, but a slightly taller body and a deeper grip would be welcome. The grip makes the camera almost too big, but without the grip it is almost too small. I would like to see a slightly taller body and a slightly smaller accessory grip.

Take the battery compartment in the body and make it more of an accessory port/battery compartment. With no grip attached it holds the battery. Design the grip to hold 2 batteries so that when you have the grip attached both batteries are accessible and make a WiFi module with second SD card slot that installs in place of the original battery.

Pentax is going to have to get creative with its support technologies if it is going to separate the K-3 from the rest of the pack. Right now there are 3 other cameras already using the 24MP APS-C sensor.

09-04-2012, 06:45 AM   #770
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If K-3 will be using 24mp APS-C senor and no FF in the coming future.
And it's price will not attractive than D600 !
I believe Pentax -- your business is going to hell
09-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #771
Veteran Member

Hmm this situation seems similar prior to the K-5's release.. "No FF, Pentax? Screw you, I'm going to CNland!" and all the other stuff.. then came the K-5 and dpR was all wow.

The D600 is truly an attractive camera.... for a body. But as good as Nikon glass can be, I'm not willing to part with my SMC's.... not because I'm loyal to Pentax, but because my lenses are doing what they're supposed to be doing.
09-04-2012, 07:09 AM   #772
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
Hmm this situation seems similar prior to the K-5's release.. "No FF, Pentax? Screw you, I'm going to CNland!" and all the other stuff.. then came the K-5 and dpR was all wow.

The D600 is truly an attractive camera.... for a body. But as good as Nikon glass can be, I'm not willing to part with my SMC's.... not because I'm loyal to Pentax, but because my lenses are doing what they're supposed to be doing.
Until we get some D600 reviews I will be skeptical. I expect Nikon will strip down some of the key features of the D600 to protect the D800 and even the D400 (assuming there is a D400) which has to be a pretty high margin body. Nikon could very well kill the D400 and put the D600 at the top of that price point. That would shake up the market, but Nikon would sell a ton of D600s and FX lenses and glass is where the real money is at.

09-04-2012, 07:45 AM   #773
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by NightPorter Quote
after generations of APS-C sensors... they are still out there.... in fact they have been out there for so long they may have an excuse for thinking that nobody really awaits yet another FF.

Digital Pnetaxian since the Ds , back in the good old days when almost nobody dreamt of FF yet even back then, Pentax was "doomed" just about every new release....
Pentax is like weed, sticking around forever and forever. You just can't get rid of it..
09-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #774
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Nikon could very well kill the D400 and put the D600 at the top of that price point. That would shake up the market, but Nikon would sell a ton of D600s and FX lenses and glass is where the real money is at.
Honestly I'm at a loss trying to figure out Nikon's lineup... if I'm not mistaken the D90 is still in production right? As well as the D7000? If that's so, then...

[DX] D3200 >>> D5x00 >>> D90 >>> D7000 >>> D400(?) >>> [FX] D600 >>> D800/E >>> D4

wow.
09-04-2012, 07:59 AM   #775
Veteran Member

Yeah, yeah, right.
Do you know how few people actually buy FF bodies? Rushing FF can cause lots of financial loss for a company, go ask Sony.
09-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #776
Inactive Account

Oh really ?
Do you know how many Pentaxians are waiting for Pentax DSLR FF ?
09-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #777
Veteran Member

Oh really ?
Do you know how many Pentaxians are waiting for Pentax DSLR FF ?
You can't go by the noise they make. They're loud, but they're few in comparison to all the APS-C users who have little interest in FF.
All depends on the price, though. If they make it reasonable cheap, a few more people will buy it.

But really, FF doesn't have much of an edge. You need very good glass these days to see the difference.
09-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #778
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by LamyTax Quote
You can't go by the noise they make. They're loud, but they're few in comparison to all the APS-C users who have little interest in FF.
All depends on the price, though. If they make it reasonable cheap, a few more people will buy it.

But really, FF doesn't have much of an edge. You need very good glass these days to see the difference.
But if we find Nikon new FF D600's price will not much higher than K-3 (APS-C).
Do we still insist to stay in this ship (in this non-aggressive company) or a company who ignore it's supporters' hope ?
09-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #779
Veteran Member

But if we find Nikon new FF D600's price will not much higher than K-3 (APS-C).
Stop dreaming, that's not going to happen.
QuoteQuote:
Do we still insist to stay in this ship (in this non-aggressive company) or a company who ignore it's supporters' hope ?
So, you want them to rush a FF body, so everything else sucks as long as you have a slightly larger sensor?
See, a FF-body launch can't fail. That'd be terrible for Pentax. It has to be right. And for that, you certainly can wait some time.

If you really neeeeeeed FF (reason?) there's a huge market for that. But it's also pricey. Buy a Nikon D800, invest 2x the price in good glass, then you're in.
09-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #780
Veteran Member

LOL - And when a Pentax FF DSLR arrives you won't even buy it. Why? Because if FF was that important to you then you would have bought a Canikon version.

Just hot air