Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 236 Likes Search this Thread
04-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #1591
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Pentax working on a new professional APS-C based camera | Photo Rumors

K-3 could be the professional APS-C with a K-1 Full Frame..... Maybe in a year or two......

04-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #1592
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
We have been expected the K-3 for some time. Does anyone have an inkling as to when it will actually see the light of day? The sony nex-7n seems to have been delayed till the summer so it is unlikely we will see the K-3 befor the nex-7n if they share the same sensor.
04-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #1593
Veteran Member

The rumors seem to start ramping up about one month ahead of time. Before that, it's anyone's guess... you hear rumors about things being in development, but of course you can guess that a 'high-end APS-C' is in development 100% of the time and you'll always be correct.
04-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #1594
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
We have been expected the K-3 for some time. Does anyone have an inkling as to when it will actually see the light of day? The sony nex-7n seems to have been delayed till the summer so it is unlikely we will see the K-3 befor the nex-7n if they share the same sensor.
Definitely by the end of 2014. Why then? Because only in late 2012 and early 2013, it seems, Pentax has finally decided what to do in the next 2-3 years.
Thus, it's only 17 months, and for a Pentaxian, that's a "meh" timespan.

04-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #1595
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote

K-3 could be the professional APS-C with a K-1 Full Frame..... Maybe in a year or two......
Professional APS-C sounds like the ultimate oxymoron (in most cases).
04-29-2013, 01:32 AM   #1596
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Definitely by the end of 2014. Why then? Because only in late 2012 and early 2013, it seems, Pentax has finally decided what to do in the next 2-3 years.
Thus, it's only 17 months, and for a Pentaxian, that's a "meh" timespan.
and photokina is then again in Cologne, so at least we get a 16mp K-5 III(s) by then.
04-29-2013, 07:53 AM   #1597
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
Professional APS-C sounds like the ultimate oxymoron (in most cases).
Why? My K-5 is better than the Canon 5D that I used for years. Do you know how many professionals used the 5D?

The K-5 is more than capable of meeting the needs of many professionals.

05-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #1598

Why? My K-5 is better than the Canon 5D that I used for years. Do you know how many professionals used the 5D?

Agree.
05-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #1599
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Unfortunately the credibility of Photorumours is quite low in my mind given their source of information quoted was from RH. Plus the dichotomy of previous threads on the likelihood and non-appearance over the last year of the K-3:

Related posts:

Pentax K-3 24MP full frame camera announcement on March 27th?
Pentax full frame DSLR camera is coming, but not tomorrow
Pentax full frame camera in the news again
No full frame DSLR camera from Pentax any time soon
Rumor: Pentax K-3 full frame DSLR camera at Photokina

Read more on PhotoRumors.com: Pentax working on a new professional APS-C based camera | Photo Rumors
05-22-2013, 08:36 PM - 4 Likes   #1600
Veteran Member

Works for me

05-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #1601
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Unfortunately the credibility of Photorumours is quite low in my mind given their source of information quoted was from RH. Plus the dichotomy of previous threads on the likelihood and non-appearance over the last year of the K-3:

Related posts:

Pentax K-3 24MP full frame camera announcement on March 27th?
Pentax full frame DSLR camera is coming, but not tomorrow
Pentax full frame camera in the news again
No full frame DSLR camera from Pentax any time soon
Rumor: Pentax K-3 full frame DSLR camera at Photokina

Read more on PhotoRumors.com: Pentax working on a new professional APS-C based camera | Photo Rumors
That is why they are a RUMOR site and not a NEWS site..... Although most news sites aren't any better than rumor sites.
05-22-2013, 08:59 PM - 1 Like   #1602
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Works for me

Yeah.... more than enough to meet the needs of 90% of the professionals.

I've seen some of your work over on G+. Good stuff.
05-23-2013, 12:50 AM - 1 Like   #1603
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Works for me

A Stelvio! Darn those are all tasty images.
05-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #1604
bvg
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
PhotoRumors source?:
Google translation from Chinese (I cannot find anything about professional APS-C DSLR):

Bubble Network camera channel 20 April 2013 Sixteenth P & E imaging equipment exhibition held in Beijing. The author at the show site for Pentax Ricoh chairman and chief supervision Cai Mr. Tian Zhihe conducted a brief interview, understand Pentax Ricoh's latest developments.

Interview with him:

Q: retro styling and refined copper shell highlights Pentax MX-1 already on the market two weeks time, what this machine sales situation now?

A: Although the market for a short time, but the increase in the number of dealers for sales of airplane has played a positive role. Therefore, the volume is good.

Q: Pentax MX-1 using 12 million pixel 1/1.7 inch CMOS sensor, but the recent Ricoh released a APS-C format compact professional digital camera. Pentax would like to ask whether the future will release a similar style MX1 machine?

A: something in future we do not answer. But we will certainly be based on MX-1 sales, market conditions and customer needs to be considered.

Q: In this micro-camera, Pentax has released K-01, Q and Q10 these cameras. The K-01 with artistic creativity appearance also attracted a lot of attention. However, due to market price is too high, many consumers are not acceptable. Then K-01 has experienced a substantial price cuts, but the actual sales did not significantly improved. The reason I ask Pentax Pentax K-01 is discontinued because it is overpriced, poor sales was an unwise move?

A: On the contrary, the Pentax K-01 are selling well, even in short supply.

Q: In the micro-camera Pentax what this layout?

A: None has occupied a part of the anti-camera market share, our existing products without trans less, then we will continue to enrich the product line.

Q: Pentax has been in the development of a full-frame SLR camera?

A: 2 years ago has been a reporter asked me about full-frame SLR camera thing. I can now say that the full-frame SLR camera Pentax has developed into and will be a distinctive full frame.

Q: Pentax 645D's market share in the professional field have received from the high-pixel full-frame Nikon D800 SLR impact?

A: We inconvenience for other home products for evaluation. But the Pentax 645D is a very clear positioning of the machine, which is designed for the professional crowd, so for Pentax 645D impact should not be too large.

Okay, thanks for firewood Mr. Tian Zhihe interview. Expect to see more in the near future Pentax Ricoh good digital camera products to meet with consumers. ■

Last edited by bvg; 05-24-2013 at 07:20 PM.
05-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #1605
Veteran Member

OK, team, let's all get out and support our local airplane dealers!