Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I just loved that last line...

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
I don't understand. Once you have bought the FA Limiteds does it matter to your shooting if they are made any more? The ones you own do not spontaneously combust.

06-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
The FA 1,8/31mm is out of production maybe,like all the other FA Limited.
Not according to Ned Bunnell, in an interview with Mike Johnston on November 19, 2010:

"I can tell you we have no plans to cancel production of the FA Limited (31mm, 43mm and 77mm) lenses. In fact, we view the FA Limiteds and our newer DA Limiteds as being unique in the industry. I can share with you that we saw an increase of non-Pentax shooters adding a K-7 to their camera bag precisely because these Limited lenses were the perfect match for this camera’s compact, rugged and nicely balanced body design. I’m hopeful that this trend will continue with our recently announced K-5, which carries on the same design concept as the K-7."
06-20-2011, 07:11 PM   #63

For Class A

I found this FA 77mm limited lens on ebay in silver.

NEW PENTAX smc FA 77mm F1.8 LIMITED SILVER LENS K-7 K-x | eBay

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim
06-20-2011, 08:01 PM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by northcoastgreg Quote
Not according to Ned Bunnell, in an interview with Mike Johnston on November 19, 2010:

"I can tell you we have no plans to cancel production of the FA Limited (31mm, 43mm and 77mm) lenses. In fact, we view the FA Limiteds and our newer DA Limiteds as being unique in the industry. I can share with you that we saw an increase of non-Pentax shooters adding a K-7 to their camera bag precisely because these Limited lenses were the perfect match for this camera’s compact, rugged and nicely balanced body design. I’m hopeful that this trend will continue with our recently announced K-5, which carries on the same design concept as the K-7."
All Zackspeed is doing is stating what Pentax told him. He is a Pentax dealer so I assume he has a good idea what is available and when it is available.

06-20-2011, 11:35 PM   #65
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
All Zackspeed is doing is stating what Pentax told him. He is a Pentax dealer so I assume he has a good idea what is available and when it is available.
Russian Pentax dealer told me 6 years ago - all FA LIMITED are out of production...
06-21-2011, 06:04 AM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Russian Pentax dealer told me 6 years ago - all FA LIMITED are out of production...
I'm sure they periodically do go "out of production", until Pentax decides to make another batch
06-21-2011, 06:45 AM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
There was a long period were they were out of production. Pentax was moving production from Japan to Vietnam and from what I understand it was almost a year before new FA Limited were back in production in any quantity.

06-21-2011, 07:40 AM   #68
Veteran Member

Again Perntax Japan site show all lenses who are active, I do not know why peoples are not taking this as a fact
06-21-2011, 02:49 PM   #69
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
I'm sure they periodically do go "out of production", until Pentax decides to make another batch
That's right. Every time they make a batch, they have to retool their production line for the specific lens they are making. Hence they have to guess how much they are going to need to meet demand until they can get around to making another batch, and the tendency, particularly with expensive lenses, is to make too few, hence the shortages. Nikon has had similar problems making enough super-teles to meet demand.
06-22-2011, 08:55 AM   #70
Inactive Account

What a unfriendly sound here.
I only told you what Pentax is told us than we ask for order the FA Limiteds.
And now i am a liar?
Sorry,thats not my way to have a nice forumstalk.
Here are a lot of user,with no contact to Pentax and inside trade...and are knowing all the best.
Wish you nice fun here.
Bye,bye
I guess you are refering to me

I am very sorry if i made you feel that way. That was not my intention at all. I just say what i was told by others (B&H and Pentax USA) 2 months ago. I did not call you a liar anywhere in my posts, and i have been polite in my posts with you.

You answered a post like this:
Do you know the timewindow of Prductionrun and selling/shipping?
How long and in what for timearea the lens is in production?
Stocklevel and sellsmove?
Being answered with that feels like being called a dumb idiot, as if i dont know anything. Is that a nice way to answer people?

Again. Sorry for making you feel uncomfortable

All the best
06-22-2011, 04:49 PM   #71
Veteran Member

Why do all of you worry and fret so much what a obscure photo dealer in Germany has to say?

Here in Singapore we got a terrific relationship with our local Pentax distributor. They are so good that that they managed to secure ready stock for the K-5 in volume even before the rest of the world, they managed to secure the silver K-5s and silver DA lenses even before general release to US or Europe. If they have gotten wind of the demise of the FA Limited (which hasn't happened anytime soon), we would likely be one of the first to hear about it.
06-22-2011, 05:16 PM   #72
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Why do all of you worry and fret so much what a obscure photo dealer in Germany has to say?
He is not "obscure".
I am also 100% sure he just passed on what he heard.

I think there was no need to withdraw from the thread just because of some posts that maybe weren't overly friendly but not really out of the ordinary regarding internet forums. Still, no need to denigrate zackspeed.
06-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #73
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kestrel1029 Quote
I found this FA 77mm limited lens on ebay in silver.
Thanks, Tim.

I saw that one before. It is not a used lens and I had a hard time to figure out what my warranty situation would be (I'm not a Canadian).
06-23-2011, 04:04 AM   #74
Veteran Member

So last word,email answer of Pentax is:
Yes Andy,the old FA Limiteds are out.
Best regards,Andy
06-23-2011, 04:38 AM   #75
Pentaxian

Yes Andy,the old FA Limiteds are out.
Does that mean
  1. not produced at the moment, or
  2. will never be produced again.