ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
So last word,email answer of Pentax is:
Yes Andy,the old FA Limiteds are out.
Best regards,Andy
what do you mean?
yes...it's not made in Japan. ASSEMBLED in VIETNAM.

06-23-2011, 06:02 AM   #77
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This arguement is getting silly, zackspeed passed on what he got fro pentax in germany (who may or may not know what the future plan is)
ALL read ALL lenses go out of production on a regular basis. these aren't model ts on an endless assembly line. the production line tools up and produces what they think will be enough to last until the next run. on the higher end the err on the side of caution and produce less. Will FA Ltd get another run? well they still show current with Pentax Japan, that could change though., but if they go out of production I would assume it would be to introduce a replacement da* line likely based on the original designs but with better rear coatings and SDM, and high level WR
DA L like the 100 is always a possibility but i think they would probably become DA* Ltd series
06-24-2011, 07:12 AM   #78
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
I don't understand. Once you have bought the FA Limiteds does it matter to your shooting if they are made any more? The ones you own do not spontaneously combust.
I did not know that. You have got to be kidding me.