Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2007, 06:45 AM   #31
Veteran Member

If Pentax was serious about marketing and customer loyalty they would provide:

1. Free calendars to owners of PENTAX thru this forum
2. Provide a monthly gift of somekind for competitions on THIS forum (are there any other DEDICATED fora)
3. Same as 2 for major EU-based PENTAX fora
4. Periodic give-aways

I know of one software manufaturer who does it and I'm sure Pentax can afford it. Besides, it IS tax deductable for them.

Has anyone ever known of a Pentax employee or rep. ever visiting this forum? It's been over a year now so can't call it a fly-by-night.

End of rant.

11-17-2007, 04:36 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here is the Creve Coeur Camera Mobile, lol, went to their expo today for a little while, talked a little with the Pentax guys, got a look at the new 18-250 Pentax lens, and asked the rep if it was a rebadged Tamron, and he said the only parts shared are the lens barrel, the glass and coatings are all Pentax....

Last edited by Stratman; 11-17-2007 at 04:42 PM.
11-17-2007, 05:37 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
If Pentax was serious about marketing and customer loyalty they would provide:

1. Free calendars to owners of PENTAX thru this forum
2. Provide a monthly gift of somekind for competitions on THIS forum (are there any other DEDICATED fora)
3. Same as 2 for major EU-based PENTAX fora
4. Periodic give-aways

I know of one software manufaturer who does it and I'm sure Pentax can afford it. Besides, it IS tax deductable for them.

Has anyone ever known of a Pentax employee or rep. ever visiting this forum? It's been over a year now so can't call it a fly-by-night.

End of rant.
I agree with some things, but this site isn't Pentax sponsored, Mo runs and pays for this himself and won't sell it to Pentax if they wanted it. Actually I spoke to Ned Bunnell a week or so ago and he frequents this site and even mentioned pictures from certain users, etc. I know of a few other reps who read the forums, but they aren't going to post here because jobs have been lost to slips of the tongue, safer for them to stay a few feet away and just read.
11-17-2007, 07:00 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by AlmightyPentax Quote
Pop photo did a review of the 50mm 1.4 this month too. That'll probably get some interest going as well.
Read it and I think they really liked it..

11-17-2007, 10:40 PM   #35
Veteran Member

PENTAXIAN.com | The Community for PENTAX Users

Here are the ads from pentax.
11-18-2007, 06:19 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
I agree with some things, but this site isn't Pentax sponsored
Sponsorship does not mean OWNERSHIP. And providing a prize does not necessarily mean you have to place an ad on the site. The prize WILL speak for itself.

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Mo runs and pays for this himself and won't sell it to Pentax if they wanted it.
I think I've been here long enough to know that Adam has had out-of-pocket expenses and that does not include the cost of the time he puts in but, remember this site is also USER SUPPORTED with whatever we can afford.
11-19-2007, 09:00 AM   #37
JMS

QuoteOriginally posted by NYpHoToGraphEr Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyPentax
Pop photo did a review of the 50mm 1.4 this month too. That'll probably get some interest going as well.

Read it and I think they really liked it..
My bet is a FF Pentax DSLR by the end of 2008. I don't buy into the reasons they gave for testing it now.

11-19-2007, 02:09 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
and they picked a nice car too...
(I love my HHR - I should post a pic of it one of these days)
11-19-2007, 04:07 PM   #39

Here is the Creve Coeur Camera Mobile, lol, went to their expo today for a little while, talked a little with the Pentax guys, got a look at the new 18-250 Pentax lens, and asked the rep if it was a rebadged Tamron, and he said the only parts shared are the lens barrel, the glass and coatings are all Pentax....

Stratman - I was at the same show on Saturday. I totally hit up the pentax booth and tried all the DA limiteds and the DA* zooms along with a k10d (which I've played with before). All very cool stuff. I met Bob (can't remember last name) who is vp of something at pentax usa. :-) (My memory is awful). Anyway, we shot a few quick frames with some studio lights and the da limiteds and they are very cool indeed. Bob, if you're reading this, thanks for showing me the lenses. I think I've dreamed up my next photo project using them.

Okay - not to hijack the thread or anything.
11-19-2007, 05:33 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Pentax for got about us photojs they could if they wonted to get in to the news market and kick some ass both the K100D and K10D are KICK ASS for news photography

and what ever they come out with newt probably will be good also
11-20-2007, 05:15 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Strange French name for a camera store

Now I am wondering why they chose Creve Coeur - that means "Burst Heart".

FYI on a variation: "Mal au Couer" means nausea/sick to my stomach, because of the stomach's proximity to the heart.
11-20-2007, 05:32 AM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilm_user Quote
Now I am wondering why they chose Creve Coeur - that means "Burst Heart".

FYI on a variation: "Mal au Couer" means nausea/sick to my stomach, because of the stomach's proximity to the heart.
The main store < and it is the original > are in the town of Creve Coeur, hence the name, hehe
11-20-2007, 05:39 AM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The main store < and it is the original > are in the town of Creve Coeur, hence the name, hehe
Wow, some history in that name I bet!

BTW, kudos to you for the car image - well done! That is awesome. Some day I'll have to make the trip to St. Louis, and check it out, plus the botanical gardens, which I hear are beautiful.

Last time I was there was for the Tour of Missouri in September, but I was working on the officiating crew, so not a lot of down time before/after the races.

Cheers,
Marc
11-20-2007, 05:08 PM   #44
Veteran Member

While you're here you also may want to check out Schillers camera. They are more of the "old school" camera shop, cramped quarters, old building, etc lol And if you have time, check out our Zoo, pretty damn nice, and it's FREE
11-20-2007, 05:10 PM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ncallender Quote
Stratman - I was at the same show on Saturday. I totally hit up the pentax booth and tried all the DA limiteds and the DA* zooms along with a k10d (which I've played with before). All very cool stuff. I met Bob (can't remember last name) who is vp of something at pentax usa. :-) (My memory is awful). Anyway, we shot a few quick frames with some studio lights and the da limiteds and they are very cool indeed. Bob, if you're reading this, thanks for showing me the lenses. I think I've dreamed up my next photo project using them.

Okay - not to hijack the thread or anything.
I was drooling over the 16-50 they had there on the counter, but it's too rich for my blood !!