Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-24-2011, 03:45 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
So the target market for this system is the creative photographer?
Don't know and don't really care. But it's definitely not for wedding photographers. If you are asking me if I find wedding photography or sports photography interesting the answer would be no. But that's just me. I'm not going to criticize it. I'm just not interested in it. I do like for example William Eggleston or a lot of the photography you would see in Light Leaks or Fraction. Fraction is an interesting online photography magazine.

I do think there are a lot of people out there who don't endlessly gnash their teeth over sensors or DR or IQ or whatever. They know what their camera will or will not do and work with that. I don't particularly care about those things. I have no interest in a Full Frame camera but I did buy a Fuji X100. I also own two Olympus M4/3 cameras and as well as a K5. Each camera has it's own character. I use the K5 least of all. So that probably would explain why I find this system interesting, especially the toy lenses. That said, I don't think I would pay what they are asking for it as the prices stand now. I do think it will be a bit cheaper than what we are currently seeing.

06-24-2011, 04:18 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Spare Tire Quote
With a sensor that small, they should make a super duper big aperture lens, something bigger than the noctilux, at a fraction of the price.
Now that would be an unexpected treat!
06-24-2011, 04:23 AM   #33
Veteran Member

You know, anyone who would consider dropping >$300 on a lensbaby is probably thinking that this system is really good value.
06-24-2011, 04:44 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The next lens should be a macro lens. Tiny cameras are good for handheld macros because of the larger DoF, I've shot a lot of fun close-ups with my Optio W10.

06-24-2011, 06:48 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Does anybody know the aperture/aperture range for the 27-83 Zoom? Is it constant or variable? It's not mentioned in the original link provided.

NaCl(enquiring minds want to know)H2O
06-24-2011, 06:57 AM   #36
Forum Member

2.8-4.5
02 STANDARD ZOOM: ??????? | PENTAX
06-24-2011, 07:44 AM   #37
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stanleyk Quote
Don't know and don't really care. But it's definitely not for wedding photographers. If you are asking me if I find wedding photography or sports photography interesting the answer would be no.
I don't really care, either. I'm actually intrigued with the camera and wouldn't rule out buying one myself. It's the two "toy" lenses, and their description that I'm having a little trouble with. I can't quite get my head around a combo of an $800.00 camera and $79.00 lens that will "retain various lens aberrations".
Seems a bit to me like building a new house, but leaving out the plumbing as a nostalgic "feature".

06-24-2011, 07:51 AM   #38
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
The next lens should be a macro lens. Tiny cameras are good for handheld macros because of the larger DoF, I've shot a lot of fun close-ups with my Optio W10.
Next lens is long telephoto lens. From HOYA presentation.
06-24-2011, 08:00 AM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fstdslrkx Quote
Thanks for the link. 2.8-4.5 isn't great (I was hoping but not expecting a constant F/2.8) but it isn't bad either. Many ppl like the original Sigma 17-70 and IIRC that lens has the same aperture range.
In exploring the supplied link I found the lens specs page in english. It lists "diaphragm control" (I'm assuming aperture control) as "fixed" for the Toy lenses. Does that mean that a user would be limited to F/7.1 for the "wide" lens?
One hopes that this is a translation error?
scroll down for specs

NaCl(it's gotta mean something different than what I think it means)H2O
06-24-2011, 08:08 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
that zoom lens 28-83 f2.8-4.5 might look decent for aps-c....but for 1/2.3 it is not fast....many 1/2.3 point & shoot camera has this kind of f stop...so no real advantage here.... and 300 bucks for a such lens.....pentax price it as a aps-c lens...ok.....but this is not.... at least make it one that faster so can compete lx5.

Last edited by liukaitc; 06-24-2011 at 08:16 AM.
06-24-2011, 08:55 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by liukaitc Quote
that zoom lens 28-83 f2.8-4.5 might look decent for aps-c....but for 1/2.3 it is not fast....many 1/2.3 point & shoot camera has this kind of f stop...so no real advantage here.... and 300 bucks for a such lens.....pentax price it as a aps-c lens...ok.....but this is not.... at least make it one that faster so can compete lx5.
In fact, for $300 one could get e.g. a Canon ELPH 500HS, which has (likely) the same sensor as the Q, and a 24-105mm (equivalent) f2-f5.8 with macro to 3cm (it is 30cm for the Pentax zoom). Plus the zoom on the ELPH retracts. The street price for the zoom better be much lower than the listed prices, or it just seems like madness to me. As it is the zoom seems both overpriced and underspeced.
06-24-2011, 09:56 AM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
The next lens should be a macro lens.
With a built-in LED ring flash!
06-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #43
juu
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Next lens is long telephoto lens. From HOYA presentation.
Is there a link to that presentation?
06-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Any ideas as what the toy lenses actually do? Example wise. The press release was vague about them. But the prices for the lenses are pretty good. Pretty darn cheap for the prime, zoom, and fisheye. And depending on what the toy lenses are that only 150$ more.
06-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #45
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by epqwerty Quote
Any ideas as what the toy lenses actually do? Example wise. The press release was vague about them. But the prices for the lenses are pretty good. Pretty darn cheap for the prime, zoom, and fisheye. And depending on what the toy lenses are that only 150$ more.
There are some 'Toy' lenses marketed on flea-bay for the m4/3 system.

This is a holga but I have seen some with 'Toy' on them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Original-Holga-Lens-HL-W-OP-Olympus-Micro-4-3-/27075...item3f0a85fe2c

Edit: There are also the Holga lenses for Nikon.

Holga Lens Blue HL-N Nikon D F DSLR Digital Toy Camera | eBay

Last edited by Blue; 06-28-2011 at 08:54 PM.