Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2011, 06:26 PM   #46
Veteran Member

What's the point of buying a toy lens when you can destroy the image quality of a decent lens in Post Pro if required. Makes no sense.

06-30-2011, 06:07 AM   #47
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
What's the point of buying a toy lens when you can destroy the image quality of a decent lens in Post Pro if required. Makes no sense.
Because the vast majority of camera buyers (including DSLR purchasers) do no PP and the majority have no capacity to do so.

The bulk of sales growth worldwide is in regions where the home PC and even laptops are in the minority, especially those with the horsepower to run LR or similar.
06-30-2011, 06:18 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
Because the vast majority of camera buyers (including DSLR purchasers) do no PP and the majority have no capacity to do so.
QuoteQuote:
Not so... I am a DSLR user who shoots in RAW and uses PP. BUT I'd much rather not have to. I love shooting in film, because I hate having to sit at my PC and wade through digital images, making decisions about how I want them to look. There's something about the interaction between lens and film - find the right combination, and off you go. If there is a way to make that happen on digital, so much the better.