Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2007, 07:06 AM   #1
Veteran Member
lol101's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Garennes sur Eure France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 900
New Tokina 11-16 f2.8: how about a Pentax SDM version?

That could be a nice DA* SDM setup with 11-16f2.8 + 16-50f2.8 + 50-135f2.8...
(I reamlly wish they had made it a 8-16f2.8 but that's obviously a huge challenge... LBA never stops!! )

What do you think?

11-16-2007, 07:18 AM   #2
wll
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mission Hills, CA
Posts: 773
I think that 11-16mm f2.8 sounds pretty good.

If Pentax comes out with it, which I think they will, I will get all three of those zooms. Was planning on the 16-50 and the 50-135 anyway.



wll
11-16-2007, 07:27 AM   #3
Not Registered
Guest




I think that the 11-16 f2.8 has to be massive....as massive would be my interest on it....and massive the hole in my pockets.
11-16-2007, 07:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member
lol101's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Garennes sur Eure France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 900
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gruoso Quote
I think that the 11-16 f2.8 has to be massive....as massive would be my interest on it....and massive the hole in my pockets.
Well, here's a picture of it... doesn't look too huge and the price, although high is relatively moderate (expect 200-300$ more for the Pentax version if ever).


Last edited by lol101; 01-24-2008 at 03:58 AM.
11-16-2007, 08:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member
philmorley's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: in a house in Armidale, Australia
Posts: 472
if there is no pentax branded version from co-development, then we should see it come out in pentax mount by tokina, shouldn't we?? I suppose when is the issue.
11-16-2007, 08:53 PM   #6
and
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2007
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,471
Woa.... and me who just recently bought the 12-24...
11-16-2007, 09:46 PM   #7
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Auckland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 452
Nice, i was kinda hoping Pentax would announce a DA* specifically in the ultra wide range. If the 12-24 is anything to go by then a DA* version should be a cracker, fingers crossed.
11-16-2007, 10:22 PM   #8
VAV
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 149
QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
That could be a nice DA* SDM setup with 11-16f2.8 + 16-50f2.8 + 50-135f2.8...
(I reamlly wish they had made it a 8-16f2.8 but that's obviously a huge challenge... LBA never stops!! )

What do you think?
I tried searching for this lens on the Tokina website but could not locate - could you please post a link to this lens?

Would be a great lens combination with the other two DA* lenses.

Thanks

11-17-2007, 01:40 AM   #9
Inactive Account




Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 364
add in a DA* 8 f2.8 and we'll be set, with 12-200 mm equivalent
11-17-2007, 05:40 AM   #10
kay
Junior Member




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 40
Somehow, I'd prefer the bigger range of the 12-24 lens. The larger aperture is nice, but again, who uses these for low light shooting? Choice is good though, more lenses from Pentax, especially SDM ones, would be great.
11-17-2007, 06:18 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bronx NY
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,611
Not so big I think

QuoteOriginally posted by Gruoso Quote
I think that the 11-16 f2.8 has to be massive....as massive would be my interest on it....and massive the hole in my pockets.
According to the spec sheet 77mm filter size and 560 gm (about 1.25 lbs/20 oz) But before I put out $$$, I'd have to see what the images from it look like. Besides, who knows if or when Tokina will put out a K mount version. But if the IQ is good I'd be in the market, probably be around the same price as the Pentax 12-24.

NaCl(ahhh! just what I need, another expensive lens to lust over)H2O
11-17-2007, 06:24 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bronx NY
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,611
linky

QuoteOriginally posted by VAV Quote
I tried searching for this lens on the Tokina website but could not locate - could you please post a link to this lens?

Would be a great lens combination with the other two DA* lenses.

Thanks
Try here:
Tokina AT-X 116 Pro DX: Digital Photography Review

NaCl(DPR is at least good for one thing)H2O
11-17-2007, 06:34 AM   #13
VAV
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 149
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Try here:
Tokina AT-X 116 Pro DX: Digital Photography Review

NaCl(DPR is at least good for one thing)H2O
NaCl, thanks for that link... as you said, waiting to see if this is made available in the pentax mount and then it is one more expensive lens to get!
11-17-2007, 06:43 AM   #14
Not Registered
Guest




QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
According to the spec sheet 77mm filter size and 560 gm (about 1.25 lbs/20 oz) But before I put out $$$, I'd have to see what the images from it look like. Besides, who knows if or when Tokina will put out a K mount version. But if the IQ is good I'd be in the market, probably be around the same price as the Pentax 12-24.

NaCl(ahhh! just what I need, another expensive lens to lust over)H2O
Didnt see the specs. Yes it sounds like an average size-weight for an ultra-wide. I wonder how well will it performs (I am assuming that it will be for Pentax between next year and the Olympics games at London)
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax news, pentax rumors, sdm
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tokina AF (235) 3.5-4.5/20-35mm version I & II. Zivelot Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 33 08-16-2017 04:21 AM
For Sale - Sold: Kenko 1.5xTC DG (non-SDM version) (US) slam Sold Items 6 08-15-2010 09:08 PM
Will Pentax make DA version of Tokina 11-16? It's the best fast ultra-wide zoom lens. ogl Pentax News and Rumors 32 08-25-2008 09:15 AM
Tokina 11-16mm... DA* version in future? button Pentax News and Rumors 10 04-21-2008 11:19 PM
For Sale - Sold: FS Tokina 20-35mm f3.5-4.5 Version I DavidDor Sold Items 6 04-01-2008 05:03 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:59 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top