Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2011, 06:39 AM   #736

Location: Redwood Valley, Nor*Cal (97--)/Pocatello,ID (90-97)/SoCal Born&Raised(71-90)
Thanks

07-18-2011, 02:07 PM   #737
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I guess only Ricoh knows that. I suspect that most of it will be international copier folks. I wonder if this was part of the overall future planning in preparation for acquiring Pentax etc. Hoya did cut some fat but they also cut some key people as well.
Blue, i think you're right. One can look at the financial overview for Ricoh on their WEBSITE. It may be for investors - i forgot. In any case, the Ricoh camera sector is a tiny part of the overall business. I suspect that the Pentax purchase is an effort to try to diversify their corporation.
07-22-2011, 09:31 AM   #738

Photos: Albums
Pentax/Ricoh

Back in the Eighties and early Nineties, I was a private investigator. Photography was my main and major tool. In addition to my Pentax gear (MX and MESuper), I used mainly a Ricoh XRM. It was the best camera I ever owned. Thus, I cannot say anything negative about Ricoh. This purchase can only mean great things for Pentax.
07-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #739

Photos: Gallery
I have started photography with a Ricoh 500G, a very nice camera in the early seventies. So it seems I am ending up with Ricoh al last.

At the moment I also have a Sea&Sea DX-2G underwater camera, based on the Rico GX-200 camera with Sea&Sea logo.

So, as per October 1st I can also post my underwater pics on this forum!?