Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2011, 08:55 AM   #406
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TZH Quote
If Tokina made K mount again,that would be so cool.
Pay less for optical ?
I think there is a non-compete clause between Tokina & Pentax.

07-02-2011, 08:58 AM   #407
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by violini Quote
I don't know why no one wants to make cameras here in North America; every one just wants to consume. Perhaps Research in Motion should be making cameras instead of tablets. I am more comfortable driving a GM instead of Toyota.
It would be awfully expensive, and tough to compete against already-established brands. Besides, so many NA brands are global now... a Toyota car may actually have accrued more NA manufacturing hours than a GM.
07-02-2011, 08:59 AM   #408
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Kodak actually made a full frame dSLR for 3 or 4 years. The Kodak DCS Pro took a canon lens mount. However, the images I have seen from it weren't really impressive.
Nikon mount. And yes, anything above base ISO was not impressive, and it was slow, ate batteries, etc. I don't think it had an AA filter, though, so it was capable of some very sharp images at base ISO.

07-02-2011, 09:07 AM   #409
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Nikon mount. And yes, anything above base ISO was not impressive, and it was slow, ate batteries, etc. I don't think it had an AA filter, though, so it was capable of some very sharp images at base ISO.

I believe Kodak had a DCS model that accepted a Nikon mount as well as a model that accepted a Canon mount.

PS - I am a huge fan (not in the sense that I am fat, though )of your photography!

07-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #410
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote

The one I looked at had the ef mount and it just seemed to lack contrast. KEH has a couple of used ones for the Nikon mount.

Edit: Also, DipReview covered the canon mout version.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/kodakslrc/
07-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #411
Site Supporter

You know what, sign me up for a GXR module that has an aps-c sensor and af capable K-mount. I could rock with a DA 21, 35, 40 and 70 ltd on that puppy.
07-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #412
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
I believe Kodak had a DCS model that accepted a Nikon mount as well as a model that accepted a Canon mount.
Edit: Also, DipReview covered the canon mout version.

Kodak DCS Pro SLR/c Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review
Wasn't aware of that version, I stand corrected. (& thx for compliment luftfluss)

07-02-2011, 09:47 AM   #413
Veteran Member

You know what, sign me up for a GXR module that has an aps-c sensor and af capable K-mount. I could rock with a DA 21, 35, 40 and 70 ltd on that puppy.
Christmas '12.
07-02-2011, 09:50 AM   #414
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I fail to see how that makes them anything more than a brand. .
Just a brand name is whats happen when you put the name on somebody elses product. Ricoh didn't buy rights to a name; they bought the whole camera division.
The rest is just technicalities of company structures.
07-02-2011, 09:55 AM   #415
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, then I wish they go as far to put out a GXR module that has a FF sensor and AF capable K-mount. The thing is that I probably would suck just as bad as I did before with with my 31/77. :ugh:
07-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #416
MSM
Veteran Member

You sir are full of it. It is not a Tokina design per se. It rides with my FA 77 all the time. But you probably don't like it either. The packaging is smaller for the DA than the mounts provided by Tokina. Tokina also sells a version of the 10-17 which is a Hirakawa design.

:Troll:
Blue, I think we have a RH replacement...
07-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #417
MSM
Veteran Member

Count me in too. This was my first thought. I think it was Audiobomber that posted a link to Ricoh's M-mount module. How hard would it be to make an AF APS-C (or FF) module for the K mount? That would be great. Maybe this is the rumored APS-C mirrorless Pentax to be released this fall. We can hope
07-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #418
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MSM Quote
Blue, I think we have a RH replacement...
I'd been thinking the same things for a while now
07-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #419
ogl
Banned

I see several positive moments:
1. Ricoh keeps Japanese culture of manufacture. Hoya cut it from Pentax.
2. Ricoh makes innovation products very high quality.
3. Ricoh makes products for enthusiasts.
4. Ricoh's office equipment are for hard and hardest work. With VERY good service. Almost unkilled machines. Xerox is far behind, for example.

If Ricoh untie Pentax hands and...Four eyes see more than two...

In this case I think Ricoh/Pentax will not be rather successful, but stable and innovation future...Profitable.

If Ricoh couldn't manage Pentax efficiently, Pentax will be sold one more time...and lose brand name forever...
Maybe mount K and 645 will be bought by any photo company, but it will be ANOTHER history...
07-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #420
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
Well, then I wish they go as far to put out a GXR module that has a FF sensor and AF capable K-mount. The thing is that I probably would suck just as bad as I did before with with my 31/77. :ugh:
Well, TBH they don't seem to be able to make even a FF M mount module for the rich dentists. The M module that's supposed to come out later this year is APS-C only. So I'm not holding my breath for a FF K module.