Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 100 Likes Search this Thread
07-09-2011, 11:52 AM   #631
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ronniemac Quote
but is is worrying, isn't it; a young photographer who hadn't heard of Pentax?
That was just a Nikongirl who mostly are just a little more prettier to look at then Canongirls

07-09-2011, 12:05 PM   #632
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The only thing I can say about this thread is that when all is said and done, much more will be said than done!

NaCl(I think I will wait and see)H2O
07-09-2011, 10:07 PM   #633
m8o
Veteran Member

Hey salty, now there's a cliche for the ages!

QuoteOriginally posted by ronniemac Quote
Pa! the youth of today - I ask you!
Playing off that, ok, I'll ask ... How is it , few adults proved smarter than a 5th grader (as proven by the primetime TV game show of the same name), but by the time they graduate high-school they know far less than I and everyone I graduated with 30 years ago?

seriously off-topic, I know.
07-10-2011, 09:18 AM   #634
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
. . .
NaCl(I think I will wait and see)H2O
You have that luxury, Ricoh does not. The announced in May that they were laying of 10,000 people world wide and July 1 that they are taking over the Pentax camera and optics section. They are going to have to hit the ground running. I suspect the next 3.5 years will be more dynamic than the past 3.5 years. What those dynamics are going to be remains to be seen.

07-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #635

Photos: Albums
Well, to celebrate the occasion of this takeover and mark it with a little something, I have just acquired, on ebay, a Ricoh f1.4 50mm prime, everything manual, but I understand a nice fast lens. Had to pay $82 though, looks like I was not the only one thinking this way.
07-12-2011, 01:39 AM   #636
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
[...] AS OF THIS POINT IN TIME, the Ricoh GXR system is the only one that credibly could offer the Pentax community a chance to use their pancake lenses in a compact camera with full AF functionality with an APS sensor. If we want that opportunity, its time to get behind the concept and ask for the K module. [...]
Ricoh GXR M-mount cartridge is out

Get a first impression: Rikenon 55/1.2 + Ricoh GXR
07-12-2011, 03:19 AM   #637
juu
Veteran Member

I'm sure Ricoh will release a (manual focus-only) K-module for GXR. That's like 99% certain even without asking.

07-12-2011, 05:44 AM   #638
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by juu Quote
I'm sure Ricoh will release a (manual focus-only) K-module for GXR. That's like 99% certain even without asking.
Not necessary. The M-mount, with adapters, can use Nikon, Pentax, Canon (FD and EOS), Sony-Minolta, Exakta, Petri, Konica, Olympus, Contax, Fuji-X, Leica (bayonet and screw), just about everything in the 135 world. And the short-register lenses that won't work on M-mount, WILL work on Q-mount. Ricoh-Pentax MIGHT release a K-mount, or maybe they'll just contract for a zillion adapters.
07-12-2011, 05:56 AM   #639
Veteran Member

I sure hope Ricoh implements better quality controls and testing before releasing products, at first i thought the sampling was small for "issues" but scouring the web it seems much larger than i had originally thought (unless it's the same users here seeking advice elsewhere?)
Ricoh should know it's not the masses that would spread word of mouth the "issues" but rather that small sample. You'll never hear praise more than you'll hear complaints.

This needs to be fixed first then expand into hopefully a better R&D into future or current products. All it takes is one bad "press" day and that'll be the end of Pentax.
07-12-2011, 06:04 AM   #640
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by froeschle Quote
holly crap. that's amazing. I thought it was just a wild rumor
07-12-2011, 06:10 AM - 1 Like   #641
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
holly crap. that's amazing. I thought it was just a wild rumor
What rumor? The 55mm f/1.2 Rikenon P is an old PK lens from the film era. It's essentially as the Revuenon/Cosina etc. lens. It was mounted to the GXR by means of a Pentax K to Leica M adapter (and the Ricoh M module, of course).
07-12-2011, 06:56 AM   #642
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Not necessary. The M-mount, with adapters, can use
Surely they'll want to establish transition between the Pentax DSLR line and the Ricoh GRX. Also, there's no sign that the M mount module would have the electronic feeds....
07-12-2011, 07:08 AM   #643
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
Surely they'll want to establish transition between the Pentax DSLR line and the Ricoh GRX. Also, there's no sign that the M mount module would have the electronic feeds....
Adding contacts for the A settings will be straightforward. The trickier part will be implementing screw drive.
07-12-2011, 07:09 AM   #644
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
What rumor? The 55mm f/1.2 Rikenon P is an old PK lens from the film era. It's essentially as the Revuenon/Cosina etc. lens. It was mounted to the GXR by means of a Pentax K to Leica M adapter (and the Ricoh M module, of course).
There is a reason I have been telling people this was possible.
07-12-2011, 08:54 AM   #645
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Adding contacts for the A settings will be straightforward. The trickier part will be implementing screw drive.
And... the diaphragm actuation. Contacts alone are not enough...