Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Are we willing to change names, assuming they keep our lens mounts?
If they change the name, I'll become a canikon. 159.43%
I'd prefer the brand to be Pentax, but the lens mounts must continue. 11471.70%
I don't really care as long as the lens mounts continue. 2716.98%
I don't really care about the mounts or name. 31.89%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2011, 01:38 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lets put it this way, if the next body says Ricoh on it, the end of my "pentax" body purchases it will mark (literally and i guess figuratively )

I will keep my current equipment for as long as it lasts and buy a canon 5d MkII and MPE 65/MT24

*UNLESS, a ricoh FF K mount is announced
(but I'd still buy the 5d MkII and macro setup)*

*Assuming I won the lottery

07-06-2011, 06:49 AM   #32
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Actually if it is called Pentax or ricoh. The brand is dead. It will never compete with high end companys like canon nikon, sony oly's. The hurdles are too many an too high. Pentax will be loved by many and followed by a few. But never compete again. Except in the minds of the few loyal fans.

Now I don't mean they will never make a good camera again. I am hoping for a real winner the next round. I am talking about the whole picture. No complete lens line up. R&D not up to the big boys for sure.

Last edited by garyk; 07-06-2011 at 07:30 AM.
07-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by garyk Quote
Actually if it is called Pentax or ricoh. The brand is dead. It will never compete with high end companys like canon nikon, sony oly's. The hurdles are too many an too high. Pentax will be loved by many and followed by a few. But never compete again. Except in the minds of the few loyal fans.
Man, did somebody kick your dog?
07-06-2011, 02:17 PM   #34
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
Man, did somebody kick your dog?
Or ran over it with a dump truck.

07-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #35
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
LOL,,, I actually love the colors. And it was my first DSLR. So I will keep Pentax around as long as they are made.
Cash outlay would be enormous. New plants equipment for the manufacture of lenses and parts. R&D. It would lose 100's of millions trying to get to the top 3. Before a good return could be expected. In this day of fast returns. I just do not see it happening.
If you had a million dollars and someone told you if you invest it and in possibly 10-15 years you might start seeing a profit. What would you do. I personally would laugh.
Hope I am wrong. I am actually kinda fond of Pentax.

But big business is interested in numbers only i am afraid. Which they should be.

Last edited by garyk; 07-06-2011 at 08:43 PM.