Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

View Poll Results: Are we willing to change names, assuming they keep our lens mounts?
If they change the name, I'll become a canikon. 159.43%
I'd prefer the brand to be Pentax, but the lens mounts must continue. 11471.70%
I don't really care as long as the lens mounts continue. 2716.98%
I don't really care about the mounts or name. 31.89%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Clinton's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,800
Pentaxians, are we willing to be called Ricoh, assuming they continue the K mount?

This poll is different than Nass's poll. It's about if we really care about the name, or if we really just care about the K mount, and the 645 mount, and now the Q mount...


Last edited by Clinton; 07-03-2011 at 02:31 PM.
07-03-2011, 12:07 PM   #2
Senior Member
older not wiser's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: East Yorkshire
Posts: 120
Would Ricoh get rid of the Pentax brand name? Probably be a mistake as I think it is a much stronger brand then Ricoh.
07-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,545
I think it'd not be very smart on Ricoh's part to change the name. Pentax has a long history behind it.
07-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Aristophanes's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,790
QuoteOriginally posted by Ubuntu_user Quote
I think it'd not be very smart on Ricoh's part to change the name. Pentax has a long history behind it.
I think they bought Pentax precisely because the brand is widely recognized as a camera product in a way that Ricoh is not.

Ricoh was always an esoteric brand in cameras. Pentax is and has always ben a mainstream offering.

07-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Nass's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The British Isles
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,212
Who is Nash?
07-03-2011, 12:50 PM   #6
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,545
QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
I think they bought Pentax precisely because the brand is widely recognized as a camera product in a way that Ricoh is not.

Ricoh was always an esoteric brand in cameras. Pentax is and has always ben a mainstream offering.
Precisely!

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
Who is Nash?
07-03-2011, 01:01 PM   #7
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NJ
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,705
QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
Who is Nash?
(c) AP

Last edited by luftfluss; 06-08-2016 at 08:25 AM.
07-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #8
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,556
I love that other poll by Nass! It gives you that nice '80's idea of communist elections!

07-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #9
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,994
This poll is really unnecessary because Ricoh already said in their official statement that they will absolutely keep the Pentax name.
07-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #10
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,545
In case anyone looking is wondering, here's Nass's [newly known as "Nash" ] poll: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/150418-pentax-do-we-wa...led-ricoh.html
07-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #11
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,545
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
This poll is really unnecessary because Ricoh already said in their official statement that they will absolutely keep the Pentax name.
exactly, but it just reassures us that we really do love Pentax and the Pentax brand name.
07-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Clinton's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,800
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
Who is Nash?
I'm certain I don't know what you're talking about.
07-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #13
Veteran Member
RioRico's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Limbo, California
Posts: 11,264
Ricoh said they want to expand Pentax lens and camera products. Ricoh and Hoya said they want to strengthen the Pentax brand. Everything in press releases is a lie. Therefore, Ricoh and Hoya have conspired to implant mindworms that will EAT OUR BRAINS ALIVE and convert us all into Holganoids. The voices in my head say so; it must be true; SUBMIT TO THE TRUTH!!

In other news: Earth is flat. Columbus set sail with four ships: Ninya, Pinta, Santa Maria, and Santa Cruz. The poor Santa Cruz sailed off the edge. Actually it had been named San Pentax but the name was painted over. And Ricoh had a team there to photograph the disaster.

Next question?
07-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #14
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,545
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Ricoh said they want to expand Pentax lens and camera products. Ricoh and Hoya said they want to strengthen the Pentax brand. Everything in press releases is a lie. Therefore, Ricoh and Hoya have conspired to implant mindworms that will EAT OUR BRAINS ALIVE and convert us all into Holganoids. The voices in my head say so; it must be true; SUBMIT TO THE TRUTH!!
Well, my question is: what is the truth??


QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
In other news: Earth is flat. Columbus set sail with four ships: Ninya, Pinta, Santa Maria, and Santa Cruz. The poor Santa Cruz sailed off the edge. Actually it had been named San Pentax but the name was painted over. And Ricoh had a team there to photograph the disaster.
Love it! And now the long lost team (Pentax and Ricoh) have at last been reunited?
07-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #15
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,166
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
This poll is really unnecessary because Ricoh already said in their official statement that they will absolutely keep the Pentax name.
Have they said they would keep k-mount?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
care, pentax news, pentax rumors, poll
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax - do we want to be called Ricoh? Nass Pentax News and Rumors 69 07-13-2011 01:11 PM
What should a group of 3 or more Pentaxians be called? MRRiley Photographic Technique 87 05-12-2010 01:11 PM
flash triggers, Am I correct in assuming...... Ed n Georgia Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 7 04-13-2010 08:25 AM
The Ricoh GXR is no K-mount (yet?) thibs Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 7 11-11-2009 07:53 PM
Ricoh and the K mount bikee4 Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 6 09-03-2009 09:23 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:21 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top