Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by elkarrde Quote
maybe some wannabe universal standard? something like compact, modern M42-like mount, used on cameras by different companies?

that would be really nice, seeing something contrary to standard fragmentalization.
Isn't that what 4/3 was supposed to be? Why do we need another one?

07-14-2011, 07:47 PM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by epqwerty Quote
This is good news. If Nikon is jumping onto this sensor boat it can't be that bad. Can it? Nikon has been known for image quality and beautiful colors. If they do use the same mount all the better if not at least people may stop bashing Pentax for choosing that sensor.

As for the rumor of availability it does make sense why distribution around the world maybe limited. The camera itself is very niche market wise. I would assume that once sold out more will be made to fill demand. After all, how many factories does Pentax have to construct this? I'm thinking they are sharing the DSLR factory.
Nikon P&S have not been known for (fine) image quality, just the opposite. I've taken a look around at user reviews for the 9100, for example. I see instances of 8100 users who quickly took their new 9100 back - even if they already sold their old 8100.

I don't know why but the Nikon P&S seem to end up with great spec sheets and disappointing images and/or handling.

I've nearly bought about a half-dozen Nikon P&S based on early looks but my temptation never survived post-introduction reviews after the 4500 I got in 1992. And which still makes quite acceptable images.

I wouldn't take a Nikon name as an endorsement of quality outside the DLSR range. And I'm not too sure about the 3000/3100, either.