Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-06-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nikon Q system using 1/2.3" sensor too = Pentax Q system?

Rumors: Nikon Q system using 1/2.3" sensor too? - 1001 Noisy Cameras
http://www.systemkamera-forum.de/blog/2011/07/nikon-q-systemkamera-kommt-zum-jahresende/

By the way, TOY lenses for Pentax Q are made in Thailand...Is it Q project - joint venture of Pentax/Ricoh/Nikon?????

07-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
By the way, TOY lenses for Pentax Q are made in Thailand...Is it Q project - joint venture of Pentax/Ricoh/Nikon?????
Pentax and Ricoh yes, but that shot looks fake.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-06-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Pentax and Ricoh yes, but that shot looks fake.

By the way, the rumor about Nikon compact mirrorless is very old.

Fake? It seems to me it's really good work of designer of this symbol. Such work costs money.

The camera with Q symbol could be fake.

Last edited by ogl; 07-07-2011 at 08:51 AM.
07-07-2011, 01:30 AM   #4
Banned

Photos: Gallery
We will see in near future, I'm wondering about this too. Coult be good news.

07-07-2011, 01:41 AM   #5
Veteran Member

A logo inspired by Xbox death codes?
07-07-2011, 03:12 AM   #6
Veteran Member

maybe some wannabe universal standard? something like compact, modern M42-like mount, used on cameras by different companies?

that would be really nice, seeing something contrary to standard fragmentalization.
07-07-2011, 03:24 AM   #7
Veteran Member

If Nikon is [potentially] doing Q, I bet you will now see a lot of commentators who reviled Pentax Q suddenly deciding that Q is actually a good idea.

07-07-2011, 06:09 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I've suspected for a while that the Q mount will handle somewhat larger sensors than the 1/2.3" BSI sensor that Pentax announced. If Nikon announce a body using the same mount, my guess is that they will do so with the 2.5x crop sensor that has been rumoured for some time.

So Pentax gets the prestige of the first announcement, but Nikon gets the prestige of announcing the more "serious" application of this mount. That's a good tradeoff for both companies, I reckon.
07-07-2011, 06:19 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by asw66 Quote
I've suspected for a while that the Q mount will handle somewhat larger sensors than the 1/2.3" BSI sensor that Pentax announced. If Nikon announce a body using the same mount, my guess is that they will do so with the 2.5x crop sensor that has been rumoured for some time.

So Pentax gets the prestige of the first announcement, but Nikon gets the prestige of announcing the more "serious" application of this mount. That's a good tradeoff for both companies, I reckon.
I hope not. The last thing anyone needs is another "standardized mount but oh wait not really"

I think this whole thing is probably fake because the pictures are too low-quality. It doesn't look like a cameraphone photo or anything, it looks like a photo that's been doctored to look bad.
07-07-2011, 06:51 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Erik Quote
I hope not. The last thing anyone needs is another "standardized mount but oh wait not really"
Well, the Q mount is out there (sort of), so it would be nice if it turns out to accommodate a range of sensors. After all, what Pentax announced doesn't look like 5 years' work to me.

And yet I take your point -- it would be nasty and counterproductive if Nikon's and Pentax's implementations weren't 100% interoperable. But Olympus and Panasonic can play nicely together ... why can't Pentax and Nikon do the same?
07-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #11
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by asw66 Quote
It was complex rumor - 2.3, 2.5 and 2.6 crop. 1/2.3" sensor.
07-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I think those shots were confirmed to be fake.

If i recall, they came out just prior to last years photokina.

It is interesting that they got the "Q" part right.

It is speculated that Nikon has another mount on the way, mainly because their rear lens covers now indicate that are for the "F" mount.
07-07-2011, 06:28 PM   #13
Veteran Member

On 1001noisycameras the o/o speculates that the Pentax and Nikon Q's may share a name and mount both because they're sourced from the same third party.

(As ogl does above, I should - and have - added)
07-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
If Nikon is [potentially] doing Q, I bet you will now see a lot of commentators who reviled Pentax Q suddenly deciding that Q is actually a good idea.
Nope, still a stupid idea.
07-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Nope. A bad idea no matter who joins the crowd. Did I mention it's a bad idea?