Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-15-2011, 07:23 AM   #46
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
Maybe Pentax JP is sitting on old stocks of lenses. The 20-35 and the 50 not are listed anymore at other Pentax representations.
Even though you can still buy some of theses lenses, do you think the lens line up would suite a new full format camera.

I am not putting Pentax down, I am not saying they will never have a full format digital solution in 35 mm land, but it is obvious that such a camera would require more prepartion time, larger investments, innovation, ... At the moment the 645 needs to cash in on invested money, more new lenses are welcome, why should you actually offer a second solution without any pressure?
First of, I stated that BH got a batch of 20-35 and 35 and sold them. But are still listed with Pentax jp. I guarantee you that outside of what Aristophanes suggested about new units being held back for warranty purposes, Pentax jp isn't setting on a warehouse full of lenses given distributors sell out of them from time to time.

However, you are flat wrong about the FA 50/1.4. It is available at BH, Adorama, and more importantly, Pentax Imaging (i.e. Pentax USA).

Scroll down:

Camera Lens - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site

The point I made that you conveniently ignored is the fact that in the past 4 years, there have been more DA lenses taken out of production than FA lenses. Furthermore, I haven't really said jack about the 645D because it is a separate line and given the price point of the body not to mention lenses, I won't own one anytime soon. However, it is good for Pentax's marquis to have that system which is selling better in its category than you may think. Hassy took it own the chin recently and are being sold as well.

I don't really give a rats tail about whether you like Pentax or not. I was merely pointing out some facts to you. Pentax has been a smaller company The past 20 years than it was in the days it sold the first 10 million SLRs than any other company. Therefore, the number of bodies and lenses in its catalog reflects that.

Last edited by Blue; 07-15-2011 at 07:29 AM.
07-15-2011, 08:06 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
180mm f4

I thought that a long limited akin to the Voigtlander APO 180mm f/4.0 would be very nice and very discrete as a street lens.

Only 66mm long at infinity focus and sharp, smooth and with beautiful rendering. Adding AF shouldn't be too hard and would round out the limited lineup very nicely.
08-26-2011, 09:49 PM   #48

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
This isn't a pentax lens, but it might end up being a beast: Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM APO Macro Lens 106109 B&H Photo
Geez sure it's big enough?

A tripod collar on a 150!