Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2007, 03:55 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It came from a HK thread

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Who ever said it was called a K20D? I certainly did not...Perhaps K*D or K**D or K***D...But "20". Now that is jumping the gun me thinks...No?

Ben
Ben,
Spotted this reference to a HK thread at [¸ôÃäªÀ®ø®§][Âà¸ü]Pentax¥X¦~¥X·s¾÷? - Pentax °Q½×°Ï - DCHome.net ¼Æ½X¤Ñ¦a½×¾Â *»´ä²Ä¤@*ӼƽX¬Û¾÷ºô¯¸ - Powered by Discuz!

Got it off your favorite forum, LOL. it seems the K20D and K200D are rumors out of HK.

Regards,

Ken

11-22-2007, 04:00 PM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Well... track record is not that good, especially in the lens department, but that may change if they are gaining some dimension through the new Hoya merger.

Actually, I've read somewhere (don't you love it when people write that? ) that a preview of the new model was to be released on the DPR beloved site as soon as the official announcement will be made. That means that at least some half-functionnal prototypes have to be available before the end of january and speaks in favor of a relatively quick release.
Say april-june bracket? (2008 that is )

How's that for piling earsay upon half-baked analysis?
Your analysis is good enough for me Looks like I'll need to get the K100D Super because the possibility of having to wait until late spring/early summer (without a camera) doesn't sound good. The quick DPR preview is definitely good news though.

All the best,
Boucicaut
11-22-2007, 04:12 PM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was just in Helsinki to meet with the execs at Nokia...Love the city and the people.

Ben
I'm glad to hear that you liked Helsinki in November...not everybody does I visited your web site and learned that you're originally from Toronto. I lived there for a couple years and returned to Finland in 2005. What a great city to live in!

All the best,
Boucicaut
11-22-2007, 04:20 PM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Boucicaut Quote
I'm glad to hear that you liked Helsinki in November...not everybody does I visited your web site and learned that you're originally from Toronto. I lived there for a couple years and returned to Finland in 2005. What a great city to live in!

All the best,
Boucicaut
Don't you mean from Toronto "Eh"?

11-22-2007, 04:21 PM   #65
Veteran Member

Your analysis is good enough for me Looks like I'll need to get the K100D Super because the possibility of having to wait until late spring/early summer (without a camera) doesn't sound good. The quick DPR preview is definitely good news though.

All the best,
Boucicaut
"News" might be a bit of a strong term but in these times of wild speculations.... who cares?
11-22-2007, 04:30 PM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
Hey and welcome to the forum Boucicaut and lenanen, I already thought I was the only finn here

I bought my K10 in July and probably would buy it now also - not waiting for the new model and loose those wonderful winter photos I can now take Now that I already have the K10, I'll just wait for the K1D - I have no hurry!

I have to admit, though, that I might change my mind and convince myself that I do need a second body next spring...
Thanks. The place seems to be full of Finns

You're in a good position, already in possession of such a photographic tool -just sit back and relax as the news unfold...whereas I'm anxious like no tomorrow

All the best,
Boucicaut
11-22-2007, 04:31 PM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't you mean from Toronto "Eh"?
Of course

11-22-2007, 09:37 PM   #68
Veteran Member

I just had to get in on the speculation of the new cameras.

If someone has already made this point, I'm sorry, I tried to read through the various posts, I might have missed it.

I think the new sensor will use the new Kodak technology for super low light sensors. I expect to see cameras with ISO ranges of 50-6400.

Was the sensor for the 645D a Kodak? I think I read somewhere that it was. Last year Kodak anouced new sensor technology that was 4 times faster then other sensors.....

The speculation is killing me!
11-22-2007, 10:03 PM   #69
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Got it off your favorite forum, LOL. it seems the K20D and K200D are rumors out of HK.
Dunno what all that Kanji reads, but that link you included in your quote has some of the best avatars I've seen...
11-23-2007, 03:18 AM   #70

Thanks. The place seems to be full of Finns

You're in a good position, already in possession of such a photographic tool -just sit back and relax as the news unfold...whereas I'm anxious like no tomorrow

All the best,
Boucicaut
Hello and welcome lenanen and Boucicaut

Yes, here is and actually has been from the very beginning some Finns, but as usual we do not participate very actively to all possible discussions... and so we cant be noticed very easily

Harald
11-23-2007, 04:06 AM   #71
Veteran Member

What is the track record of Pentax with getting newly announced models on store shelves? When they announce the K10d successor in January, how long will we likely have to wait?
That is a question difficult to answer.
The *ist D was delayed several months, because Sony couldn't deliver the sensor.
The *ist DS and DL were released quite quickly after the announcement, same thing with the K100D and K100D Super.
The K10D was supposed to be delivered late september/early October but it took them November, the official reason being the demand was too high and Pentax wanted to build up a stock and release it to many all at once instead of delivering one K10D here, then a K10D there and so on...
So, apart from *ist D and K10D, Pentax has delivered when they said they would.
If things go well, I would expect being "in the shops" somewhere beteen late March - early May.
11-23-2007, 06:18 AM   #72
Inactive Account

Who ever said it was called a K20D? I certainly did not...Perhaps K*D or K**D or K***D...But "20". Now that is jumping the gun me thinks...No?

Ben
No Ben, it wasn't you, I kinda forgot that not everybody here has read about it, sorry.

You like Helsinki??? You really are one of a kind.

Last edited by lenanen; 11-23-2007 at 10:51 AM. Reason: typo
11-23-2007, 09:44 AM   #73

All the best,
Boucicaut
If the new sensor is sooo groundbreaking...but you can't live with an slr for six months...you could go back to film for a while and at least expect he official announcement of the new series it's the cheaper solution!
11-23-2007, 03:31 PM   #74
JMS

Ben
Perhaps the K*ist110DL2 Super?
11-23-2007, 07:02 PM   #75

QuoteOriginally posted by JMS Quote
Perhaps the K*ist110DL2 Super?
I thinh it has to do with the size of the sensor, so if the sensor is 14meg, it will be called k14d, etc...